MEDION P4310 (ZTE SKATE) Android 2.3.5

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest cryoglobe

I had a bad effect of modifying the zip file directly from the zip located in the sd ... had to restart the recovery

It could finally successfully install the zip ( and system ) .. but I'm again stuck to the login of the first Screen "Medion" .. the notification led ( red ) is on when booting , is off and the screen stays on the Medion ... normally at that level ... it should continue after some seconds to the "android" moving logo .. while loading the boot

It's in fact the same effect as when I do a restore of the nandroid backup I took juste after having put in place the recovery !!!

redstar

I don't remember if I tested to flash the 4 images with adb-made-easy ...

and how do you do that with adb_made_easy ? ... when I select "flash file/rom to phone" ... I can only select a zip

but the 4 files are in a rar .. and if unrar ... I don't have the possibilty to pick them

edit :

I typed *.* to find all the files .. pick boot.img ....

it's processing , says it's complete ( adb tool says that ) , the phone reacts .. with a '!' logo of the CWM

Pressing the on/off button makes the CWM menu to reappear ..and then I see the error message

Finding update package ...

E:unknown volume for path [sDCARD:boot.img]

E:Can't mount SDCARD:boot.img

Installation aborted

Remark :

1 - I think that the test to send the "boot.img" via ADB easy tool ... broke something as the MEDION boot screen is not there anymore , just a white line on the bottom of the screen

2 - I really must find a solution .. I have to send it to the support before the 22 ( 21 it must go ... as the return label is expiring that day )

Ok .. I go and get some sleep for now .. let's hope you'll already have put some great ideas until tomorrow ( today ) morning :)

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest cryoglobe

I'll maybe try to convert the rar to zip

But do you have any idea why it stays blocked on the first screen? as if the boot is blocked somewhere ?

Do you have a good idea to recover my "Medion" first booting screen ?

Guest cryoglobe

:( bad for me .... no more good tips ... to get back my skate with a stock rom :(

If I have no solutions ... I'll have to send it back with a atomic mod :( and CMW ... not sure it will be ok for the warranty :(

Guest tillaz

sad.png bad for me .... no more good tips ... to get back my skate with a stock rom sad.png

If I have no solutions ... I'll have to send it back with a atomic mod sad.png and CMW ... not sure it will be ok for the warranty sad.png

have a look here http://wwwen.zte.com...data/mobile/UK/

i would use the update tool to install stock... the bright point version

Guest cryoglobe

Hello Tillaz ... thanks for the link ...I'll have a look there

I simply hope it's not as in the Wiki ( or I don't remember where ) , with the official update tool ... because that one needs to operate from the FTM mode that is not anymore available when the CWM is installed...

Aside of this

I would really be happy if you (or someone else) could tell me how I can use the Skate of my mother in law ( not touched )

to align my skate to it ( partitions & stock rom ) ... with or without adb or cwm ( but this one is not on her skate )

Regards

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest Der_Floo

Hello Tillaz ... thanks for the link ...I'll have a look there

I simply hope it's not as in the Wiki ( or I don't remember where ) , with the official update tool ... because that one needs to operate from the FTM mode that is not anymore available when the CWM is installed...

Aside of this

I would really be happy if you (or someone else) could tell me how I can use the Skate of my mother in law ( not touched )

to align my skate to it ( partitions & stock rom ) ... with or without adb or cwm ( but this one is not on her skate )

Regards

by the way ...i try the update tool in this moment...and you need to get into FTM mode..so you need the stock recovery.

Guest tillaz

by the way ...i try the update tool in this moment...and you need to get into FTM mode..so you need the stock recovery.

flash stock recovery from first post

Guest Der_Floo

flash stock recovery from first post

oh ..no it was a tip for the man with the orange shirt :) i try it and i come into FTM mode..and my PC has also detected it as an FTM phone...but the Updater cant detect my phone !

Guest cryoglobe

For info

I re-installed a nandroid backup I took just after having installed the CMW

This was giving me a non booting device ... stuck at first screen " Medion "

I did a test as suggested using adb easy tool .. with the boot.img file .. but this has really broken something ( I lost my first screen "Medion" )

I have now restored the default recovery ...

So , now I have not CWM anymore , I do not have my "Medion" 1rst screen ( black screen with some white lines at the bottom )

the phone does not boot to android ...

When pressing power & volume - .. It does not seems to reach the FTM Mode

:( not a really good situation ... I should really try to fix the "1rst screen" and then I'll have no other choice than sending it like that :(

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest Der_Floo

For info

I re-installed a nandroid backup I took just after having installed the CMW

This was giving me a non booting device ... stuck at first screen " Medion "

I did a test as suggested using adb easy tool .. with the boot.img file .. but this has really broken something ( I lost my first screen "Medion" )

I have now restored the default recovery ...

So , now I have not CWM anymore , I do not have my "Medion" 1rst screen ( black screen with some white lines at the bottom )

the phone does not boot to android ...

When pressing power & volume - .. It does not seems to reach the FTM Mode

:( not a really good situation ... I should really try to fix the "1rst screen" and then I'll have no other choice than sending it like that :(

ok. do you would like to have the Medion Stock Rom or is it okay when you have the ZTE Skate Stock Rom on it ?

Guest cryoglobe

I think that the MEDION support would certainly prefer to see a Skate as it is supposed to be when taken out of the box :)

Guest Der_Floo

I think that the MEDION support would certainly prefer to see a Skate as it is supposed to be when taken out of the box :)

its right ;) but i have the ZTE Skate Rom here and maybe for now it would be ok when the phone "work" , or? ;)

Guest Redstarr1

flash this http://files.podtwo....tock/zte/skate/

its stock medion with stock recovery partition.. flash via recovery like a normal rom

If you want stock Medion, you can flash this like you flashed your NANDROID backup. Put the files in the rar in the clockworkmod folder on your SD card. Try to make the folder name like your other nandroid. In cwm go to backup/restore and choose the proper nandroid.

If you don't have CWM anymore, download a TPT from the TPT thread, put it in a folder called image and reboot the phone holding volume up and power. That should restore cwm (before you remove it again with, you shouldn't remove cwm if you don't have a working rom).

There are probably other ways, but that's how I'd do it.

EDIT: oh I refered to the wrong post. I was talking about that .rar with image files inside. But Tillaz's zip should work too. Just flash a TPT to get your CWM back, then use CWM to flash the stock rom.

Edited by Redstarr1

Guest cryoglobe

The file is just finishing to be downloaded ... So , should try it in the coming 5 minutes :)

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest cryoglobe

not ok !!

I really have the impression that the bad test with adb easy too ... removed or corrupted something

pressing the up & power ... with the file in a "image" folder does nothing

I just see a normal boot ( with the now "black screen with some white lines on the bottom ) , then the MEDION screen for one second and then nothing else ... stuck with the only possibility to remove the battery to shutdown the phone :(

I'm not sure I will be able to re-install a tpt ... etc

PS : the phone must be packaged today and send to support tomorrow ... that's bad to send it in that state ...

however , it's a stock rom , without a CWM .... it's "just" not booting ;) humm hummm

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest Der_Floo

not ok !!

I really have the impression that the bad test with adb easy too ... removed or corrupted something

pressing the up & power ... with the file in a "image" folder does nothing

I just see a normal boot ( with the now "black screen with some white lines on the bottom ) , then the MEDION screen for one second and then nothing else ... stuck with the only possibility to remove the battery to shutdown the phone :(

I'm not sure I will be able to re-install a tpt ... etc

ok you put the image file in zip ordner into an ordner called "image", on your sd card? turn the phone off ..and press vol up, menü and power??

Guest cryoglobe

I have unzip the image.zip file , in the usual image folder ... ( on the SD , of course ) ... put the SD back in the phone...

remove the battery , put it back , press volume up and power ( for a while ) ... and the phone boot with a black screen ( and some white lines on the bottom (*) ) , then the charging light that is red turn off .. the screen swap to the "Medion" screen for one second , and then black screen and nothing moving anymore for ever !!

(*) this black screen is the result of a test suggested by someone , to use adb easy tool ... and send / install / restore the "boot.img" file to the phone ...

This was not blocking the phone when I still had CWM or a working AtomicMod ...

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest Der_Floo

I have unzip the image.zip file , in the usual image folder ... ( on the SD , of course ) ... put the SD back in the phone...

remove the battery , put it back , press volume up and power ( for a while ) ... and the phone boot with a black screen ( and some white lines on the bottom (*) ) , then the charging light that is red turn off .. the screen swap to the "Medion" screen for one second , and then black screen and nothing moving anymore for ever !!

(*) this black screen is the result of a test suggested by someone , to use adb easy tool ... and send / install / restore the "boot.img" file to the phone ...

This was not blocking the phone when I still had CWM or a working AtomicMod ...

ok this sound very very special..because in the right way the phone should show a text called "flash from T-card" and a line should fill up. i only can upload the files seperatly and you should flash it via adb.

by the way : do you speak German?