MEDION P4310 (ZTE SKATE) Android 2.3.5

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest Redstarr1

I never used superboot because I immediately flashed a custom rom. If you just want an easy way to get an overclocked phone, I'd suggest SKatie. You'll lose your data though but backups are easily made, even when you don't have root access.

My nickname is not Diehard by the way :P, it's Redstarr1 (or Redstar in short because someone else got that name before me :P).

And I tried again - before the dark.

DISASTER. The above metoned sueruer is not for 2.3.5

I saw it in the following :

""""""""""""""""

Hi all,

Perhaps I should repeat that this OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 superboot is not

meant for Medion P4310 2.3.5.

In root FAQ is mentioned to use Johnny Hung's Root_Packge_CWMv5.rar

instead. But, I can't seem to find that file (it was on

megaupload). Is there a copy somewhere, or did I miss such location?

Yesterday, I ADB flashed OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 superboot on a friend's

Medion P4310.

This resulted in green android man followed by Medion boot loop. A bit

scary...

Luckily, adb still worked and I had a Medion stock boot image. So I

ADB flashed that stock boot image and could reboot just fine. What a

relief. Moreover, apparently, OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 boot image had done

its job: su binary and superuser apk were on /system!. That was an

unexpected present!

I would say: for people who just want to go stock+root (on some ZTE

Skate 2.3.x variant), perhaps it is still not a bad idea to install

cwm recovery first and have a backup on external SD.

(this is recommended in root FAQ as well).

have a nice day""""""""" DAMDAMM IT I first saw now

Well.

I fixed it.

I tried several programs with no luck

And then I tried r2-OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05-skate-superboot again but via a promt.

I tried several of the exe files without ONLY looking at the phone screen seeing what happens..

I'm not sure but I think the usefull one was fastboot-windows.exe

Then I could connect with the phone again.

And this time no green man and "blinking" Medion.

I could use one of my back ups on the original sd card.

"If it works, don't fix it"

Sorry Diestarr1.

UPS ! I mean of course Redstarr1 :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Redstarr1

For the Link2SD part, I'd use ext3 because CWM formats sd-ext in ext3 if you'd erase it later on. There's a guide on this forum about Link2SD more specific for the Skate, but the one you found is actually better :P.

The RAM swapping is not supported by the kernel I think. Definitely not by the stock kernel and, since nobody here is using it, I think the custom kernels don't support it either. I guess you already checked with swap check and that came up negative? (Can't check it myself, my Medion doesn't have a SIM in it anymore).

Guest hsteen

I think I can make it working.

I have earlier made the SDcard the primary place for installing " setinstalllocation2..".

So:

Will I have any benefits of the swapping way instead of the "setinstallocation2" model?

Are the one better/quicker than the other?

I mean better performance of the phone.

• 1 month later...
Guest dagmaar

Hello

I have a MEDIO P4310. I put SKATIE on it.

I have a problem with the microphone.

So I want to restore the original MEDION stuff on it, so that my guarantee can work.

I don't succeed to do this. I tried with CWM, it didn't work.

Someone can help me?

thanks in advance

dagmaar

If your SKatie was installed using TPT method you must repartition your internal memory to stock because currently you have not enough space

on system partition to install stock system.

Download http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/Skate_TPT_stock_partitions.zip

Flash it the same way as you flashed SKatie TPT.

After flashing it will boot into clockworkmod automatically where you can restore your stock backup.

There might be some potential problems with backup incompatibility. Depends on what version

of clockworkmod was used to backup your stock rom. The one that comes with TPT in the link is 4.0.1.4

If you have problems, ZIP your stock boot.img, recovery.img and system.img and put them on dropbox. Then

I will be able to prepare TPT that will restore your Skate to stock easily.

Guest dagmaar

Thank you very much, but I didn't succeed. I tried with TPT. It's giving the message 'installation aborted'. (after finding update, opening and installing...).

I want to put the zip on DROPBOX. How do I do it?

I put it already in my folder of dropbox. What do you need from me to enter?

so much thanks

I hope we can solve ;-)

Hello everbody,

I bought MEDION P4310 phones (actually 3 for the whole family!) but I would like to flash new ROM to be able to have, for example, Flash Player.

Thank you for all the explanations and manuals but I have some doubts and before trying to do anything I rather ask (I have experience with HTC HD2 but it was time ago and I took some risks I almost brick the phone!).

Here some questions...

- if I instal the Clockmod with windows... do I have the possibility to back-up the original ROM (skate as you call it)?

- is there any way otherwise to get a back-up of the original firmware before trying other ROMs?

- could you recommend me any ROM in terms of battery life, availability of flash-player, languages as catalan (as well for swipe keyboard), etc?

I followed the link of the different skate ROMs but I could not find any direct reference to the Build of my telephone (I guess is the same for the 3). Further down I copy the data I got from the system information app you recommended. Is there any skate built I might use or I have to get a back-up one before trying other ROMs.

Thanks a lot for your information and your blog!

All the best,

Lluís

P.D.

Build Id: GEN_MED_P743TV1.0.0B 01

Device i Board : skate

Item: MEDION

Fingerprint:

MEDION/P743T_MEDION_GEN/skate:2.3.5/GRJ28/eng.xuzhenxuan.20111208.171314:user/release-keys

Model: MEDION LIFE P4310

Product: P743T_MEDION_GEN

Host: node3

Id: GRJ28

Tags: release keys

Version: eng.xuzhenxuan.20111208.171314

Release: 2.3.5

SDK: 10

Kernel: Linux version 2.6.35.7-perf+ (xuzhenxuan@node3) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC)) #4 PREEMPT Thu Dec 8 18:31:42 HKT 2011

Thank you very much, but I didn't succeed. I tried with TPT. It's giving the message 'installation aborted'. (after finding update, opening and installing...).

I want to put the zip on DROPBOX. How do I do it?

I put it already in my folder of dropbox. What do you need from me to enter?

so much thanks

I hope we can solve ;-)

TPT is not flashable via clockworkmod.

TPT zip must be extracted to the root of SD card so you have folder image with file image.bin in it

Then you have to power off your phone and use Volume+, Menu, PowerOn combination to flash.

After that it will reboot automatically to clockworkmod where you must use Backup&restore menu to restore your stock (provided you still

have your backup on SD card)

If you have files I requested on your dropbox just send me the link so I can download them.

I am too busy at the moment so I will be able to get back to it in the evening (hopefully)

Edited by C3C0

OK. Here you go.

Download: http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02_TPT.zip

1) Extract zip to root of your SD. This will create "image" folder in root of SD with one file in it (image.bin)

2) Turn off your phone. Make sure it is charged. Unplug USB if plugged in

3) Hold Menu key together with Volume+ key and turn on your phone while still holding them. Flashing progress will appear.

4) Phone will reboot

That's it.

Guest dagmaar

Again so much thanks. I'm trying. How long takes the installation of the 'image'?

The combination of VOLUME+KEY and MENU KEY and TURN ON KEY didn't work. I don't know why. SKATIE is installed.

thanks for you service!!!

1) check contents of your SD card. You must have "image" directory directly in root of SD with "image.bin" inside.

2) make sure you press and hold the keys correctly. Phone must be turned off.

Edited by C3C0