• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

New 3.2.56 firmware released for Archos G9 tablets

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Archos have released a new firmware version for their G9 tablets.

Details...

Version 3.2.56 – October 14th, 2011

• Android browser: add support for new browsing modes in settings (using various tablet/desktop user agents)
  • Network shares: improve browsing behavior robustness and mounting reliability
  • Memory management: reduce time for an application to load
  • Wi-Fi: achieve faster reconnect
  • Wi-Fi: fix mobile access point support
  • Accessories: add support for some USB Ethernet adapters (chipsets: RTL8150, ASIX AX88xxx, Davicom DM9601, SMSC LAN75xx, SMSC LAN95xx, NetChip 1080, MosChip MCS7830) on micro USB port
  • Video: fix sound being lost sometimes while playing and need to seek/play/pause to recover it
  • Filebrowser: make it usable with Archos remote application
  • Battery: apply less intrusive low battery warnings
  • Keyboard: no need to reboot to apply keyboard layout

The firmware can be found at - http://update.archos..._archos_it4.aos

Please post in the comments your thoughts and findings! :)

Click here to view the item

Posted

USB on the rear 3G port is working again!

Market problems are still there...

Posted

Downloading it now to try it out!

Posted

Thanks! USB port on the back works great with my external 320GB HDD. The Archos handles 1080p mkv files too!

Posted

just 320GB ....

Posted (edited)

finally, HD videos in the web browser play back nicely - only thing, I'm missing now is still the vibrate when using onscreen keyboard :)

cheers

Edited by Helly

Posted

search in parameter/keyboard

Posted

search in parameter/keyboard

Please try this yourself before posting it as a solution. Haptic feedback is disabled as it is on update .46 zdevice test app confirms this.

Matt

Posted

Please try this yourself before posting it as a solution. Haptic feedback is disabled as it is on update .46 zdevice test app confirms this.

Matt

setting/language & input/select input method/configure/setting/sound on key-press

Posted

setting/language & input/select input method/configure/setting/sound on key-press

Why would selecting 'sound on keypress' enable haptic feedback?

I think English is not your first language, although you have the best intentions please ensure you fully understand technical problems you are trying to help people with.

HAPTIC FEEDBACK DOES NOT WORK!

Posted

I really don't get why they haven't restored haptic feedback yet! Very odd...

P

Posted

- Wi-Fi: fix mobile access point support

does it mean it has ad-hoc support?