How high can you overclock your Skate?

Guest TouchyAndalou

Guest TouchyAndalou

I thought it'd be interesting to get an early idea of what stable speeds users are able to clock their devices to? Honesty is obviously the best policy here, as we're trying to determine a range of values, not see who has the most super awesome phone.

No-frills CPU control will enable you to overclock a rooted phone. A good way of beginning to determine your maximum stable speed is to download quadrant from the market and run benchmarks at progressively higher overclock speeds, until the phone freezes or reboots. But you should also test other tasks, like navigating through screens and menus, opening and closing applications, etc. Your max is the value beneath the speed that the phone freezes/reboots at.

My Monte Carlo doesn't like anything above 960 MHz. Any higher and I get almost immediate reboots.

*edit* After further testing, it looks like 940 is actually my max. It'll work at 960 for the most part, but I've had two reboots now meaning that it's unstable at that speed. Poll updated to reflect change.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Guest garym123

i was running at 998 fine, quadrant benchmark was round about 1250 no freeze or reboot all other apps worked fine but the gallery now and again when i was veiwing pics it would reboot,so i went down to 960 and all stable now.

Guest MoreLazers

i was running at 998 fine, quadrant benchmark was round about 1250 no freeze or reboot all other apps worked fine but the gallery now and again when i was veiwing pics it would reboot,so i went down to 960 and all stable now.

Ditto.

Guest Petesky

+1

The highest I could clock my skate before was 940MHz, everytime I ran Quadrant above 940Mhz my phone froze, I haven't ran it for over a month and i've just ran it now a few times without any crashes at 998MHz, however...my phone doesn't work on 1017MHz, i'm using Bluemonte rom V1.5, this is the first time I have tested on this rom.

Edited by Navie

Guest putbinoot

i honestly have never found the need to overclock.. & the max quadrant i can get on the new bluemonte v1.8 is 1227 without overclock smile.gif

I put the blame squarely on you tillaz you made the rom with the cpu clocker in it.tongue.gif But will it blend!

• 1 month later...

1943 on AnTuTu without sdcard test @ 998Mhz

1646 on AnTuTu without sdcard test @ 806Mhz

1411 on Quadrant @ 998Mhz

1134 on Quadrant @ 806Mhz

Got 25.83fps on AnTuTu's warriors.

Max stable clock for me is 998Mhz.

Guest dibbles

I have clocked the phone at 902mhz for no other reason than I can. I do not play that many games but if it is offered in the kernel I thought that running the phone from 122mhz to 902mhz is just another thing to do when the ROM is installed, just like adding my contacts etc.

• 1 month later...
Guest stonefisher

1018 for me. stable and happy.

It does run at 1037 with quadrant but crashes in AnTuTu benchmark.

Rom: atomic 3.E

clock speed: 1018

Quadrant standerd: 1372

AnTuTu Benchmark: 2178

Stability test: Ran all three test's 5 hours each with no errors.

Mine will work and is stable at 998MHz

ROM: Atomic v4

Clock: 998

AnTuTu Benchmark: 2131

But being a graduate electronic engineer with 30 years experience I run it at 921 so that I know it will run over a wide range of temperatures and other conditions

Clock: 921

AnTuTu Benchmark: 1975

Edited by Badgie

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest marko_serb

1037Mhz, [JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [uPDATED - 17/08], no reboots, funny thing is - it seems to work better at max clock than at 940Mhz!? :D

Edit: There were some very rare app crashes and a lot of restarts when making a call. Installed software that sets the clock to ~800Mhz while making a call.

Edited by marko_serb