Sign in to follow this  
sevec

Device Bricked?

sevec    0

ZTE Racer with the stock firmware. I don't know if it is gen1 or gen2. It has stopped booting. The android logo comes on and then the zte logo keeps repeating.

When started with Vol+ the same thing happens. It doesn't enter fastboot mode.

Started with Vol- A white screen apears writing FTM but it doesn't respond to anything there.

I don't know what led it to this state.

So...?

sevec    0

It looks like the device gets into fastboot mode with Call+Vol Down+Power.

I am having problem with the drivers. The drivers Install but I get a "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error. I am using Windows 7 inside Virtualbox so that could be the problem. Is there support for doing it in linux?

sevec    0

After enabling USB 2.0 in Virtualbox it looks like the driver is working fine from the device manager "Fastboot interface (Google USB ID)"

but "adb reboot" gives me: "error: device not found"

sevec    0

despite adb not working fastboot erase userdata seems to have worked. (It was taking a long time and didn't know if it was doing anything and I interrupted it) but after that and fastboot reboot the phone booted normally (all userdata were removed)

sevec    0

The phone had android 2.1 installed. Why does it have a different compination to fastboot? I didn't find this compination anywhere. I saw somewhere mentioning Call+Vol Up+Power and started testing compinations until I found that.

equiliym    395

so.. after 4 posts, i didnt quite catch what have you done, did you fix it? you lack drivers for fastboot interface?

sevec    0

Had some problems with fastboot both on booting the phone in fastboot mode and with the drivers but once I figured them out everything worked out fine.

cool_jatt    0

Had some problems with fastboot both on booting the phone in fastboot mode and with the drivers but once I figured them out everything worked out fine.

I guess the same thing happened to ma zte racer too....

when i press start button logo is coming and then disappears.... and comes and disapp.....

m not able to access recovery mod too.... nothing happens.... after pressing... VOL-

plz help me out....its all dead....:( :(