An interesting tablet about which everyone is confused

Guest simonta

Guest simonta

http://www.myefox.com/myefoxpad-n10-advent-vega-v2-nvidia-tegra-2-agps-android-3-2-10-tablet-pc-3g-version-p-267398

Highlights for me:

1GB RAM

1280x800

USB charging

Gyroscope and compass

6.6AH battery

Dedicated home button

Tactile buttons on the bezel rather than the edge

3G version

Rear camera

GPS

Edited by simonta

Guest EasyTarget

This still looks like a lot of tablet for the money..

Android 3.2 by default too; but with 1Gb ram it's a bit easier for them.. :) it -might- be possible for some of that to come over to vegacomb since some of the H/W seems common, TegraII etc.

Edit: Removed comment about it not having GPS; it does,

Edited by EasyTarget

http://www.myefox.co...ersion-p-267398

Highlights for me:

1GB RAM

1280x800

USB charging

Gyroscope and compass

6.6AH battery

Dedicated home button

3G version

Rear camera

GPS

The site is a bit (Chinlish?) but then I don't know any Chinese at all so should not complain.

I have been trying to find a dock for my vega but the supply has dried up, so I'm wondering if the audio base shown on the site would work with the first gen Vegas?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

ThanksI

Edited by Egroeg

Guest IanTurner

The site is a bit (Chinlish?) but then I don't know any Chinese at all so should not complain.

I have been trying to find a dock for my vega but the supply has dried up, so I'm wondering if the audio base shown on the site would work with the first gen Vegas?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

ThanksI

My thoughts would be just buy the vega dock currently available to buy from the various Dixons group websites (currently showing as in stock and available for home delivery)

Guest warriorscot
Too close to the iPad in cost which is pointless

Its half the price of an Ipad and the same price as the vega when it came out. But I doubt its actually a vega 2 I may be wrong but why would they release a tegra 250 based system so soon to the launch of kalel.

Guest IanTurner

Its half the price of an Ipad and the same price as the vega when it came out. But I doubt its actually a vega 2 I may be wrong but why would they release a tegra 250 based system so soon to the launch of kalel.

Half the price of an ipad with 3g but about the same as one without.

Just not in the same price bracket as the vega and competing in a broader market.

Looks like Myefox are a wholesaler not a manufacturer so the use of advent vega name looks suspicious.

Half the price of an ipad with 3g but about the same as one without.

Just not in the same price bracket as the vega and competing in a broader market.

Looks like Myefox are a wholesaler not a manufacturer so the use of advent vega name looks suspicious.

www.isalechina.com is selling them for £225.34 for a single unit, which is cheaper than the original price of the Vega.

The cheapest price for an iPad 2 is £399, so thats £173.66 cheaper, nowhere near about the same price.

If it is actually Vega 2, as long as the screen is better when orientated to portrait and the price is around the same as the original Vega, I will be buying one.

Guest simonta

Too close to the iPad in cost which is pointless

I think of it in terms of value, not price. Vega 1 beats an iPad for value. This spec is in my estimation, about 25% higher value so at the prices this thing is going around at, it stuffs an iPad. Plus iTunes means nothing to me. A lousy piece of software on the PC and I get all my media from plenty of other places I'm quite happy with (and don't get "taxed" for the privilege). No comparison in my book.

Probably my nex tablet.

Edited by simonta

Guest warriorscot
You can't tell if it is that good without seeing some reviews. There are plenty of turkeys around.

There aren't many Tegra Turkeys around. I paid £240 for my vega when they were released and this is cheaper and if you can get an iPad for anywhere close to that price let me know because my Dad is after one.

In order to be a Vega 2 it would also have to be made by Shuttle sure DSG could call any tablet a vega but really we all know a vega to be a Shuttle P10AN01 and any succesor would also have to be a shuttle. Also like I said with just some better ram and a new screen its a nice upgrade but without kal-el you aren't going to get a real Vega 2 more like vega 1.5 .

Im more interested in the latest tablet from asus, ICS and kal-el and a reduction in size with the same ability to dock to a keyboard is definitely a winner. If I can scrounge the cash I will definitely be after one.

In order to be a Vega 2 it would also have to be made by Shuttle sure DSG could call any tablet a vega but really we all know a vega to be a Shuttle P10AN01 and any successor would also have to be a shuttle. Also like I said with just some better ram and a new screen its a nice upgrade but without kal-el you aren't going to get a real Vega 2 more like vega 1.5 .

I don't see why Vega 2 (or 1.5) would have to be a Shuttle. Shuttle do not own the Advent Vega brand, its DSG's. There is nothing to stop DSG using another manufacturer to make the next Vega model.

Guest warriorscot
I don't see why Vega 2 (or 1.5) would have to be a Shuttle. Shuttle do not own the Advent Vega brand, its DSG's. There is nothing to stop DSG using another manufacturer to make the next Vega model.

Technically but we call any of the family vegas even if its from a company other than vegacomb. The 3.2 rom is called vegacomb even though it works just fine on lots of devices.

There is nothing to stop them but the name has become synonymous with the shuttle device.

This 3G Version tablet PC launched by EFOX, reasonable price and high performance Android 3.2 OS, the NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, GeForce CPU low power consumption, suitable for the treatment of various programs. About the appearance, proper design of the cover-slip bottom is good sensitivity, good visual effects and good wear resistance. A pre-sell activities on myefox.com now and product would deliver on October 20 together.

Guest MikhailM

This 3G Version tablet PC launched by EFOX, reasonable price and high performance Android 3.2 OS, the NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, GeForce CPU low power consumption, suitable for the treatment of various programs. About the appearance, proper design of the cover-slip bottom is good sensitivity, good visual effects and good wear resistance. A pre-sell activities on myefox.com now and product would deliver on October 20 together.

I have sent several requests for infortation to MEFOX about this tablet (Advent Vega 2), but recieved no reply - perhaps you can clarify for me and others -

1) Is the Honeycomb 3.2 an offical Google version, or is it Vegacomb 3.2?

2) Does it have full 3G support?

3) What is this comment about a protective cover - do they mean the rear panel, or a cover for the front glass screen?

4) How long is delivery to the UK?

5) How long does the battery charge last - how many hours?

Guest MikhailM

http://www.myefox.co...ersion-p-267398

Highlights for me:

1GB RAM

1280x800

USB charging

Gyroscope and compass

6.6AH battery

Dedicated home button

3G version

Rear camera

GPS

Actually, Simonta, even if it is not a Vega v2, it still sounds like a great tablet for the price, provided it lives up to its spec., i.e. the screen has good contrast and viewing angles, battery life is OK, etc.. Problem is, MEFOX do not reply to any questions sent to them!

Guest IanTurner

Just reported his new friend as a suspected spammer as they've bulked their buy from myefox spam with copies of posts from other forums. <_<

Without reports on the quality of the screen and battery life this could still be a turkey. :rolleyes:

Guest MikhailM

I have sent several requests for infortation to MEFOX about this tablet (Advent Vega 2), but recieved no reply - perhaps you can clarify for me and others -

1) Is the Honeycomb 3.2 an offical Google version, or is it Vegacomb 3.2?

2) Does it have full 3G support?

3) What is this comment about a protective cover - do they mean the rear panel, or a cover for the front glass screen?

4) How long is delivery to the UK?

5) How long does the battery charge last - how many hours?

Finally got a reply from one of the three firms offering the MEFOX PAD N10 (Advent Vega 2) admitting that the OS on it is Vegacomb 3.2. They do not acknowledge this on their site!

(They also replied that it does have 3G capability (although this appears to be by way of the usual dongle), but the reply on the cover has unclear).

They indicate a battery life of 6 hours in playback mode.

Edited by MikhailM

Guest MikhailM

Just reported his new friend as a suspected spammer as they've bulked their buy from myefox spam with copies of posts from other forums. dry.gif

Without reports on the quality of the screen and battery life this could still be a turkey. :rolleyes:

Yes, I have spotted their standard (spammed) post to the varous sites. In any case these forums are for information exchange and support, not for sales pitches!

BTW - whose new friend?

Edited by MikhailM

Guest IanTurner

Simonta's . He must be on their payroll :D

Perhaps the hardware improvements bear the hallmarks of a richardmlea design given they've pilfered newbe5s work too <_<

Edited by IanTurner