underclocking

Guest aamiel

New here, sorry if my question is obvious. I am quite happy with the speed of the phone so I was wondering if I could underclock it to increase battery life.

It seems everyone here is only interested in overcloking, any reason?

Thanks for your answers

Arnaud

Guest stiefanu

I use SetCPU for Root Users and i enabled a profile that underclock the CPU to 122Mhz when screen goes off. So when i don't use the phone, the battery always stays at the same percentage. However you can underclock your speed when you want with a widget.

For the second question, i think overclock is more useful, with it you can improve performance, remove the lag, ecc.. But i think you already know this :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am now starting to play with setcpu, up to now, resulting in greatly reduced battery life so I need to be careful.

Did you notice a great lag to turn the screen back on at 122 MHz or am I doing something wrong.

For me, using bluemonte ROM at 480MHz works nice and smooth... but my phone also works fine at 1GHz and more so I need the right types of scaling and profile, therefore the reduced battery life for now... I need to find some tutorials on setcpu.

I am now starting to play with setcpu, up to now, resulting in greatly reduced battery life so I need to be careful.

Did you notice a great lag to turn the screen back on at 122 MHz or am I doing something wrong.

For me, using bluemonte ROM at 480MHz works nice and smooth... but my phone also works fine at 1GHz and more so I need the right types of scaling and profile, therefore the reduced battery life for now... I need to find some tutorials on setcpu.

use the smartass Governor

Guest philmein

as tilaz say use the smartass governor max clock fq 940mhz min clock fq 122mhz you should get good battery life with those settings

or cm7 with smartass v2 governor (built in to cm7)

you do not want to put the phone in time lapse mode lol

Edited by philmein

Guest zomgbugs

set my cpu to smartassv2 on cm7 @ 112/940

i didnt see any option to set the phone to 112 at screen timeout though

is this done automatically?

Its under the profiles section, you have to add a "Screen off" setting, and set the two sliders to 122MHz