honeycomb for dell streak

Guest mba07

Request to dj steve

First thing nice one steve and fards on gingerstreak.

Is there any way the people who want to try the build of honeycomb that steve built can download it and give it a go on the streak 5?

Excuse my stupidity but am i wrong for thinking that under honeycombs gui is gingerbread?

Couldnt the top layer of honeycomb be ported over the current gingerstreak as it seems really stable?

Edited by mba07

Guest Azurren

Request to dj steve

First thing nice one steve and fards on gingerstreak.

Is there any way the people who want to try the build of honeycomb that steve built can download it and give it a go?

Excuse my stupidity but am i wrong for thinking that under honeycombs gui is gingerbread?

Couldnt the top layer of honeycomb be ported over the current gingerstreak as it seems really stable?

Android 2.4 icecream would probably be more practical ;)

But, again, all Dell Streak development is hindered by non opensource drivers. It's the same story for any other rom (CyanogenMod, miui, sense etc)

Unless some god-like uber hacker comes along and creates a new driver or, just as unlikely, dell decide to open source their drivers things like this are just not practical :(

Guest Stephen Hyde

theirs a reason i never released hc for the 5,

what worked:

3d accell

touch screen

2g/3g data

what didnt work

cameras

sound

wifi

everything else

Guest Slaydog

Apparently the new Samsung Galaxy 7" tab (Plus, I think) has Honeycomb AND a phone so it can be done of course, but that doesn't mean its worth trying to get it to work on our little Streaks. ICS will be the next great hope, but I'm sure most Streakers are already eying their next phone purchase by now.

Guest Crinos512

Apparently the new Samsung Galaxy 7" tab (Plus, I think) has Honeycomb AND a phone so it can be done of course, but that doesn't mean its worth trying to get it to work on our little Streaks. ICS will be the next great hope, but I'm sure most Streakers are already eying their next phone purchase by now.

http://www.samsungmo...XY-Tab-7.0-Plus

"Furthermore, the GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus offers voice and video call support, with no need for a headset.

Users can see friends and family from anywhere in the world in high quality thanks to the device’s larger screen..."

Interesting... although it does not specifically say that the device has cellphone capability. The above quote could refer to VoIP.