MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

24 Oct Gr1 (7.1.0): CMCR (CyanogenMod) for the LG Optimus 2X FREE Online Kitchen

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi all!

I thought i'd try out CyanogenMod 7.1.0 on my Optimus 2X, so I built myself an update zip (with my MCR optimisations). I wanted to play around with the options so I built myself a kitchen. I turned that kitchen into a normal online kitchen and also into a FREE kitchen. The kitchens are in the 2 posts below. :) The member kitchen delivers the download instantly, the free kitchen delivers the download links by e-mail, in association with Filesonic. That is the ONLY difference between the kitchens!

If you'd like to see any tweaks or changes to the kitchen feel free to ask, perhaps a few bits from the MCR ROM pulled in might work well. This is just an experiment really... enjoy! :)

Features:

• CyanogenMod 7.1.0 release for the Optimus 2X rebuilt with the MCR optimisation system
  • Updated Google components
  • Member and FREE online kitchens
    Prebaked (by request):

The ROM should be flashed from ClockworkMod recovery in two parts - first the core, then the option pack.

• CORE - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
    • OPTION PACK download link: DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
    • P

If you find this service useful, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription. MoDaCo Ad Free with Online Kitchen access is only $9 for a limited time only including a 30 day Filesonic premium subscription! Visit this topic for further details!

Posted · Report post

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

Changelog

24 Oct 12:10

• Initial release

Posted · Report post

Brilliant! Thanks :)

Posted · Report post

Maybe you could include stock GB launcher as an option?

Posted · Report post

Thank Paul i Am french,

Very Good battery

Posted · Report post

Thanks Paul, great job!

Can we expect a custom modaco kernel for CM7 soon? :D

Posted · Report post

nice one! what version of g-apps you using??

Posted · Report post

nice one! what version of g-apps you using??

The latest I could find. :D

P

Posted · Report post

Thanks Paul

Does this rom support A2DP please ?

Posted · Report post

Great idea Paul!

Which changes to cm7 are you planing?

Last time I installed cm7.1 I couldn´t mount the sd-cards on my PC so I switched to GR4.

Posted · Report post

Great idea Paul!

Which changes to cm7 are you planing?

Last time I installed cm7.1 I couldn´t mount the sd-cards on my PC so I switched to GR4.

The SD card is mounted in /mnt/emmc

Amazing Paul! testing now! you know which build is this?

before nightly 176, the call sound was terrible.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Paul

Does this rom support A2DP please ?

Unless Paul's buggered it with his tweaks, yes :lol:

Posted · Report post

What's are the pre-requisites? wipe etc

many thanks, nice idea

s

Posted · Report post

Thanks but I know where it´s mountet on the phone. The problem was that i couldn´t access it from my pc via usb

Posted · Report post

Amazing Paul! testing now! you know which build is this?

before nightly 176, the call sound was terrible.

It is the 7.1.0 release, not nightly. If there is enough interest I might create an auto-updating nightly kitchen...?

P

Posted · Report post

Hi Paul,

you're a hero!!!!!

That's what I always was looking for - a mixture of Cyanogen and Modaco.

First install looks great. Just one wish from my side:

Could you please include the "stock mounting" of internal and external sdcard?

For me to switch back the Cyanogen way of mounting the sdcards to the way stock ROM does it, is always the most annoying thing after having installed the latest nightly.

Ah and when at it: I very much would be interested in a update option for nightlies.

Thank you Paul for all the work you do for us.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Wow! Only just spotted this after playing with CM7 all weekend. I've restored to MCR Gr4 because I had a few BSOD's though (I was on nightly 178).

I managed to get Polaris Office playing nicely with CM7, so it might be nice to have it included in your kitchen since IMHO it's better than anything available on the market (free or paid). I might fiddle about to see if I can get any of the LG apps working too.

You need the PolarisOffice.apk in the apps folder, with libpolarisoffice.so and libpolarisoffice_Clipboard.so in the lib folder. You also need to change build.prop to replace the ro.product.model=Optimus 2X with ro.product.model=LG-P990 otherwise Polaris Office complains it's running on an unrecognised device.

I'd love to get Smartshare working too, but that's probably too much to hope for.

Would it be possible to include mounting the external SD card at sdcard/_externalSD as an option? It would make it much easier to switch between MCR and CM7 with CWM backup and restore.

As far as nightlies go, I'd rather have the kichen based on a stable version. Flash video seemed to be broken from the stable to the latest nightly and while they may fix more than they break, things can go wrong with the nightlies!

---

Edited to add:

I should be able to do most of that by uploading my own zip - MCR kitchens are so good!

Edited by rmein

Posted · Report post

I want one with the sound fix. As said before, this one do have terrible sound quality. dry.gif

If Paul also could include one that auto-updates to the latest nightly then damn, I'm in! :lol:

It is the 7.1.0 release, not nightly. If there is enough interest I might create an auto-updating nightly kitchen...?

P

For sure!! +1 for that!

Much more interest then wait a next stable release (that take loooonnnngg months)

Btw, 7.1.0 is based in a release before nightly build 176, so the call quality will be poor.

If your base is 7.1.0.1 the base is build 177 already good.

if the base is 7.1.0.2 the base is build 181 (released today)

More info about nightly here

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=p990

Edited by boto12

Posted · Report post

Maybe you could include stock GB launcher as an option?

+1 for that!

Eugene373 version is light (25mb ram only) and have 3D Drawer support;

Size much smaller then others (3.8mb vs 5/6mb)

Posted · Report post

This looks excellent Paul, and i'm tempted to try it if you were to make it auto-build the newest nightlies. That'd be fantastic, but probably a burden on bandwidth, etc.

But following what people have been saying, which way round is the SD Card mounting, because although CM7's was nice at first, it dumping everything on my SD card makes it messy, and means I don't use the internal storage at all. So if it could mount the internal memory as a primary place for all the appData and the messy folders, and then I can just use the SD card for music and big files...

This looks excellent Paul, and i'm tempted to try it if you were to make it auto-build the newest nightlies. That'd be fantastic, but probably a burden on bandwidth, etc.

But following what people have been saying, which way round is the SD Card mounting, because although CM7's was nice at first, it dumping everything on my SD card makes it messy, and means I don't use the internal storage at all. So if it could mount the internal memory as a primary place for all the appData and the messy folders, and then I can just use the SD card for music and big files...

go to cyanogemod configs and in the first menu (applications) you could select this.

Edited by boto12

Posted · Report post

P

+1 :)