Not quite bricked... but not far away...

Guest Jompet

Ok, I've gotten myself into quite a mess here….

I used to have DJ Steve's ROM installed (Final Frontier) and decided I'd like to upgrade to the latest version as I got sporadic reboots. I last updated the ROM ages ago and after I've sold my Galaxy S II I've decided to give my Streak a dust off.

I wanted to upgrade to StreakDroid - Gingerstreak Beta 2.4 and was reading the guide at http://android.modaco.com/topic/347329-rom-streakdroid-gingerstreak-24-beta/ I flashed the amss and dsp1 and now the device won't boot. I just get stuck on the Dell logo. So I wanted to flash back to a stock ROM to fix everything. No dice.

So next I did some goggling and downloaded GDL Tool and got it all working to then after fixing god knows how many problems I run into this error:

writing 'userdata'... FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))

ERROR[DA1]: download userdata Fail!

I found this thread with input from Streak legends DJ Steve and Fards but nothing works.

I think it's possible my flash memory is corrupt but before I abandon hope I'd like to ask if anybody has any ideas on how to remedy this?

Thanks in advance!

that error cud be a dying internal sd card, or just try qdl tool again to be sure as sometimes fastboots just stupid

I'll give it another try. I know what you mean about fastboot... one minute it works and the next it's not.

Thanks for your input and I'll post back with any updates.

You're not gonna believe this... the thing only went and booted!

I ran the tool again and it failed so I was just copy pasting the data into this window and I look around and it's booted!

A big WTF!

Ok, the plot thickens....

Keeps rebooting and then won't boot again... I have to pull the battery and then leave it for a while and then it will boot for some time before it locks up and reboots.

I'm going to try to flash Streak_360_17397_00.pkg and the matching recovery.

Edited by Jompet

Guest WakeRider89

getting a stock rom working is a good place to start

use the update.pkg from the wiki page and that should install all of the correct dsp1 and amss if im not mistaken