[ROM] CAE MOD - Andypad Pro - 2.3.1

Guest Sami Beck

Guest rufree2talk

good job! I am sure this is going to be as grand as your Blade CAE... before I go ahead with this Mod, I was wondering if there is any way I can backup my apps... Titanium is no good without root... is there any alternative?

Guest Sami Beck

good job! I am sure this is going to be as grand as your Blade CAE... before I go ahead with this Mod, I was wondering if there is any way I can backup my apps... Titanium is no good without root... is there any alternative?

Not really :\

Guest lilHermit

I'm really not sure you can call this "Complete Android Experience" when its the stock ROM with some things added and removed. If laggy and unresponsive is the Android Experience I must be getting something else.

The system partition is still cramfs and not rewritable ext3/4, and its still the badly hacked together (Eclair/Gingerbread parts) Stock ROM.

The phrase comes to mind about polishing a turd.

Flame away but I'm just saying this device needs more than Stock ROM respins.

~

Guest kokotron

Flame away but I'm just saying this device needs more than Stock ROM respins.

~

I actually agree, after my initial enthusiasm (see 3rd post here :P) I decided to install this. I was let down to see just a stripped down version of the original rom. At least the silly light-gray/light-blue theme that has so many visual compatibility problems with so many different apps had to go.

ON THE OTHER hand, this rom could be a "go ahead" signal for all those thinking and tosing and turning around the idea of proceeding with making a custom rom for the AndyPad. And of course it's just the 1st release of this particular ROM, so I guess we can expect more customizations (or, should I say, DEcustomizations?) in the future :)

EDIT: After further usage, I have to state that it's almost unusable. You get FCs when you open some settings, FCs when you open most of the apps, even the launcher stuck on an perpetual FC and I had to turn off the device.

EDIT 2: How easy is it to get back the original rom using this .img while maintaining root rights?

Edited by kokotron

Guest lilHermit

I actually agree, after my initial enthusiasm (see 3rd post here :P) I decided to install this. I was let down to see just a stripped down version of the original rom. At least the silly light-gray/light-blue theme that has so many visual compatibility problems with so many different apps had to go.

ON THE OTHER hand, this rom could be a "go ahead" signal for all those thinking and tosing and turning around the idea of proceeding with making a custom rom for the AndyPad. And of course it's just the 1st release of this particular ROM, so I guess we can expect more customizations (or, should I say, DEcustomizations?) in the future :)

EDIT: After further usage, I have to state that it's almost unusable. You get FCs when you open some settings, FCs when you open most of the apps, even the launcher stuck on an perpetual FC and I had to turn off the device.

EDIT 2: How easy is it to get back the original rom using this .img while maintaining root rights?

You can't. All of the changes in this ROM are in /system which is where su/superuser lives

Guest kokotron

You can't. All of the changes in this ROM are in /system which is where su/superuser lives

So, I'll just rephrase :) How easy is it to just put back the original rom?

Guest lilHermit

So, I'll just rephrase :) How easy is it to just put back the original rom?

download that image in the other thread (assuming it is stock) and use the same tool as you used to flash this ROM. Tick backup only and select the downloaded image, then click Run.

That should work however I can't test at the moment as my AP is being very temperamental. :huh:

If it doesn't work try flashing again but selecting the parameter file as before.

~