LG: No ICS upgrade for the LG Optimus 2X

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest everett_psycho

Sweet, I hope its not the same Guy who posted that it wont be updated jumping the gun before its absolutely confirmed. With this in mind i really don't mind skipping the GB update and going straight to ics, they should just throw their guys at this instead, or better still pay the cm guys and use that as their official rom with some of their apps added in, I'm sure it will be a lot faster and get a better result

Anyone wanna throw me some cash? Only reason I ask is that without it, I'm stuck with this 2X until next Xmas otherwise.........:sad panda:

:angry::angry::angry:

Guest René Klunder

I couldn't attach a photo but that pic was posted by orlox just about that moment.

I would have deleted the reply but this post is edited now.

Edited by René Klunder

Guest dbbloke

The support dweeb's post has now been removed from facebook, and the bad press for LG has spread far and wide round the internet. I suspect they may be reconsidering the initial decision, like they did with the Optimus One and gingerbread.

Still, even if they do update it to ICS, I wouldn't hold your breath that it will arrive before whatever jellied treats google serves up next year.

Thought I should be consistent and update this thread as well.

Update from LG at AAM - http://androidandme.com/2011/10/news/lg-will-not-bring-ice-cream-sandwich-to-optimus-2x-g2x/ Seems we need wait until they decide.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.