quoted £8-£10 for unlock in town

Guest bob_711

Guest unrandomsam

Nobody can unlock zte P series at that moment.Do not belive pakistan or turkish "unlockers" or you will loose your phone.

So you know for certain that JTAG cannot be done ?

or desoldering the flash chips - cloning unlocked skate onto it and reseting the imei then resoldering them won't work.

Most unlocking places are a total waste of time (I would never on principle pay someone to click a button on a program).

but not all. (I know one that is pretty decent but its really expensive).

There is no way someone could offer a proper service cheap because the kit you need costs so much.

Someone with access to university Electronic Engineering kit should be able to try something similar.

(Surface mount is not too bad with the right kit).

Guest MarcinusMarcinusus

Do you hear the hardware click during the Skate booting?

The locks are located in separate bios chip simmilar to password protected pc motherboard bios chips.

Each Skate has serial number with bios password known only by Zte and Orange.

You cannot overide this until you install new bios chip wich is long and expensive process.

Guest unrandomsam

Do you hear the hardware click during the Skate booting?

The locks are located in separate bios chip simmilar to password protected pc motherboard bios chips.

Each Skate has serial number with bios password known only by Zte and Orange.

You cannot overide this until you install new bios chip wich is long and expensive process.

I don't think you know anything about how this works.

ZTE has stated that they have a rom they can install without needing the code.

Nothing I have read about qfuses is remotely similar to how a bios works.

Its not a particularly hard to replace a chip if you have the right equipment to do it.

Or provide some proper information (Its nothing like a bios the locks are completely independent from the boot process).

Guest unrandomsam

Nobody can unlock zte P series at that moment.Do not belive pakistan or turkish "unlockers" or you will loose your phone.

Don't be racist either

Guest dadashi

Im pretty certain he is greek...surprised he hasnt had a go at the germans yet for bailing his country out... :lol:

Edited by dadashi