End Of Monte Carlo?

Guest jamidodger1

Guest jamidodger1

Hey guys,

Haven't got a Monte Carlo but a Blade

Was thinking of getting Monte Carlo until I went into a Orange store only to be told it was being discontinued and that a Orange San Francisco 2 Would replace it. sad.gif

Jamie.

Guest glossywhite

Hey guys,

Haven't got a Monte Carlo but a Blade

Was thinking of getting Monte Carlo until I went into a Orange store only to be told it was being discontinued and that a Orange San Francisco 2 Would replace it. sad.gif

Jamie.

I'd like hard evidence to back this up. Anyone can say anything; we're all humans, and salesmen are known to be human too, and make mistakes.

Guest unrandomsam

Sounds more probable, seeing how new the OMC is.

If the OMC/skate is the only remaining armv6 device that ZTE are still producing it might make sense to drop it early.

(I know there is the WP7 Device / Softbank 009Z / (V881 ?)

If its not selling in the volume expected its not unreasonable to drop a product early.

(The OMC could have been used for ZTE to prove the unlock mechanism to Orange (Now its proven they can charge Orange more for the ZTE Crescent).

Could be anything.

Guest dadashi

I'd say it's just the beggining of Skate / OMC... though you can't compare it with the Blade, look at our Skate forum in modaco...very little activity compared to Blade in it's early days....

The arm6 cpu does everything now there is flash 10.3 support...not as well as the SG2 or sensation and only for casual gamers... but for people like me who only want a smartphone with a large screen for internet, vo-ip, music, video player and streamer, navigation, occassional picture and video and countless usefull apps, etc...it's perfect at the price...

They've only just started arriving in europe, in germany they were sold out the first day when they sold at Aldi for 200 euros each...

Edited by dadashi

Guest Joey Scarf

Isn't that a sony ericsson device in the pic? :rolleyes:

I agree, that looks like a sony ericsson xperia

I think the new osf 2 will have a screen between the old 3.5" and the omc 4.3"

I agree, that looks like a sony ericsson xperia

I think the new osf 2 will have a screen between the old 3.5" and the omc 4.3"

if you look closely it says san Francisco 2 above the screen