[ROM] CleanGB

Guest muteman3

Guest muteman3

USSD not work in any Gingerbread roms for dell 5... i think. if I'm wrong let me know

For no random re-boots try streakmod 0.3.2.6 beta. Its works just fine for me.

I will try to fix Email this weekend.

recovery.img

Edited by muteman3

Guest El_Diablo666

USSD not work in any Gingerbread roms for dell 5... i think. if I'm wrong let me know

For no random re-boots try streakmod 0.3.2.6 beta. Its works just fine for me.

I will try to fix Email this weekend.

Thank you for this.

I have flashed with the Recovery image provided.

Before I did this I flashed to the recently released "Official GB" from Dell.

Everything seems to be working fine, but as expected, USSD not working and thought I should mention that Mail application here is also not perfect, took numerous failed attempts inputting the same settings for it to work.

With the official GB released, you think you will change your ROM in any way?

Clean GB is an awesome ROM, with mail fixed, definitely going to use it.

Thanks Again smile.gif

Guest muteman3

Try ROM  without Install.txt and tell if Email crash again. Work just fine for me with Gmail and Hotmail. Give more information about your problems with Email . I think problem me by a density change of your Install.txt 

Edited by muteman3

Guest El_Diablo666

Try ROM without Install.txt and tell if Email crash again. Work just fine for me with Gmail and Hotmail. Give more information about your problems with Email . I think problem me by a density change of your Install.txt

Hi

Initially I was using noapps in the install.txt, thought this was causing an issue so removed it. Suspected it was a density issue so removed that as well. The tested without an install.txt file.

Current Rom Installed : Official GB.

Steps Followed now:

Format SD Card

Copy "Clean GB 3.zip" to the SD Card - Only file on SD Card

fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img "streakmod 0.3.2.6"

fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn

fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

Wipe cache partition

Advanced > Wipe Dalvic Cache

Wipe Data/Factory reset

apply sdcard:update.zip > choose zip from sdcard >Clean GB 3.zip > Chose to install Clean GB 3.zip

*Install from sdcard complete*

Reboot system now

Dell Factory Reset before first boot

Skipped signing into a Google Account

Date and time were all correct

Setup Wireless

No errors thus far.

At this stage I logged onto Outlook Web Access and Confirmed no devices listed under Mobile Devices.

Open Email Application

Enter Address and Password

Select Manual Setup

Select Exchange

Entered domain\username

entered server

Select Accept all SSL certificates

> Next

The Server *** requires that you allows it to remotely control some security featured of your phone. Do you with to finish setting up this account

Selected OK

Inbox check frequency: Never

Amount to synchronize: One Month

> Next

Named the Account

Screen came up to Activate Device Administrator

Selected Activate

Checking Mailbox list Please Wait.....

The Application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

[Force Close]

At this point I logged onto Outlook Web access and found under Mobile Devices the device is listed successfully

Restarting the Dell does not resolve the issue.

I am running Exchange 2007 on Server 2003 R2

Is there any other information you would like me to provide?

I will continue to monitor to see if ti still restarts at random

Thank you Again for your assistance

Guest dwnhllfreak

Rom works great so far for me. I went with Stock At&t 2.2 to Cleangb. This is the steps I took.

Copy "Clean GB 3.zip" to the SD Card

fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img "streakmod 0.3.2.6"

fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn

fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

Advanced > Wipe Dalvic Cache

apply sdcard:update.zip > choose zip from sdcard >Clean GB 3.zip > Chose to install Clean GB 3.zip

*Install from sdcard complete*

Reboot system now

Dell Factory Reset before first boot

Guest muteman3

muteman3

Thank you for all your help, seems I am the only one experiencing issues, so the problem must be my side.

I will keep an eye open for any new ROMS from you!

Which ROM do not have this problem with Email? If you tell me some Rom I will try to take Email from there.

Edited by muteman3

Guest coronet

Been using this for about a week now, love the portrait addition and the boot. Everything is good, but a quick gripe: you may have gotten too friendly with removing apps? I mean, who doesn't use YouTube?! Makes little of a difference since you can install it from the market, but I guess I can't see how you justified deleting YouTube. Anyways, good stuff!

Guest El_Diablo666

Which ROM do not have this problem with Email? If you tell me some Rom I will try to take Email from there.

Good Day,

Apologies for the delay in response, I was using the Simple Streak 1.2 from Spidla : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1113256

I have tested StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4.4, and experience the same problem.

Has anyone noted that the random re-booting is a knows issue by Dell and they are currently working on a fix.

http://support.dell....&l=en&s=gen&cs=

Article Summary:This article deals with random reboots of the Streak 5 device running Android Gingerbread OS.

Problem:

Streak 5 devices running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system may reboot randomly when the device is not actively being used.

Description:

If a Streak 5 device running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread v4.05) is left unattended, the unit may experience random reboots. This occurs very infrequently and will only happen if the device is powered on, is plugged into the wall charger, and has been left unattended in idle mode. If this happens, the customer may notice that the screen turns on briefly during the reboot process. No data loss will occur and the unit will reboot to the desktop. This does not appear to happen when the device is actively being used.

Solution:

This is not a hardware failure. Dell engineering is actively engaged and seeking a solution for this software problem. A future software update is expected to fully resolve the issue.

Guest muteman3

# I'm never had a sudden reboot.

# I removed Facebook , Yоutubе and Twitter because the annoying problem of force close.This problem found its solution but .... and I like rom clean.

In addition, you can always download the latest versions from the market.

Edited by muteman3

Guest manan.s

Add launcherpro command in empty txt file in your SD Card root directory before flash the ROM. Name it Install.txt. After flash use SystemApp Remover to remove modaco launcher.

Or...... download this version of Rom

I've updated this version but issue is with contacts not showing - It shows import/export option and when I select import from SIM card it shows percentages but finally didn't show any name / number.

Thanks

Guest Joel Joseph

this is so beautiful..... donnow how to express how excited i am right now......

bought the dell streak 5 months ago and received it after 3 months, and in less than a day i managed to crack the lcd.... and its just today i got to fix the lcd..... such a relief....

Guest Joel Joseph

my brother just bought a dell streak yesterday, had stock 2.2 just as mine....

did the same procedures i followed on his to install Clean GB 3, but his streak kinda reboots every now and then, and sometimes the back battery side feels very warm..... i went over and re-did everything again.....

any suggestions.....?

• 1 month later...
Guest muteman3

the cleanflasher4 file link seems down. Can anyone pls post a mirror? Also this file has to flashed via streamod, right?

Link fixed.

No. It is a tool for windows machine.

• 4 weeks later...