JGM Software Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie Themes

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest TheManicGibbon

JGM Software Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie Themes

The JGM Software themes proved very popular for the various Froyo ROMs and GSF, so I am now making them available for MMHMP. Sense, Gingerbread and Honeycomb will all be available and I am open to suggestions. I prefer to work on porting existing designs such as Honeycomb or Sense or strict specifications as opposed to "Can u plz make me a blue theme?" if you're going to make any suggestions. As always, I respectfully request you not to mirror them, allowing me to keep track of download numbers for my records. Themes are partially created using UOT Kitchen and I add, edit and expand files manually using a variety of development tools. Credit is given where appropriate.

Ice Cream Sandwich Theme

The new Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) has proved popular for its clean look and slick icons. Get the look now without waiting for a ROM. Please note, the lockscreen is achieved through WidgetLocker, available from the market priced £1.87.

post-843502-0-43381400-1320007165_thumb. post-843502-0-85008500-1320007322_thumb.

What does it change?

The status bar and notification pull-down tray.

-The status bar icons.

-Overscroll glow set to ICS blue instead of Gingerbread orange.

Coming soon:

-Numerous app icons, the application title bar and settings icons.

-Camera shutter button changed.

Downloads

Base theme - Changes status bar and notification tray

3.99MB MD5:384b33ae8902867cb28d039edd8546d9

Download

Icon Pack - Support my development by buying the premium Launcher Pro Icon Pack from the Android Market

Android Market

Extras - Credit to 2 XDA members; Gustavo RD78 and sonnysekhon for providing some more icons, and icons that weren't available straight from the SDK. This file is not to be flashed, unzip it and use a launcher such as LaunchePro to assign your own custom icons and dock backgrounds.

Download

HTC Sense Theme

The HTC Sense look has proved very popular amongst the forum users and there have been various methods of getting this look. This is a quick and easy way to achieve the basic Sense theme.

post-843502-0-96939800-1320276018_thumb.post-843502-0-08746300-1320276027_thumb.post-843502-0-64942000-1320276033_thumb.

What does it change?

-The status bar and notification pull-down tray.

-The status bar icons

-The phone Settings menu to the HTC Sense icons.

Are there any bugs or issues?

- Some white icons don't display properly in the notification pulldown because the background is white. I'll fix this soon too. So nothing major.

Downloads

Base Theme - Changes as above.

6.30MB MD5: 0d0ba337eebf6835fd8388128e94f352

Download

Revert Themes

Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie Revert Theme

6.28MB MD5:74C22E8896ABE76B12F51692936B4AC2

Download

Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie Vanilla Edition Revert Theme

4MB MD5:B68312B04A283D8CDB9FCD93BAF07600

Download

Guest SWOriginal

great theme, only issues ive noticed is.. the gingerbread tabs (grey, orange pressed), black text on some notifications (downloading).

would be great if you done a normal battery version aswell

Guest Blues003

What about a MIUI/Meizu/MI-ONE sort of theme? There are some good ones on XDA (to flash via Theme Chooser) for CM7, but they don't satisfy me that much. And I think it could be quite interesting visually! ;)

Guest TheManicGibbon

great theme, only issues ive noticed is.. the gingerbread tabs (grey, orange pressed), black text on some notifications (downloading).

would be great if you done a normal battery version aswell

Can you provide more detail on the tabs issue? I know about the download text, that requires me to manually edit some files in the Market and related APKs. A fix will be available when I can face it :P

What about a MIUI/Meizu/MI-ONE sort of theme? There are some good ones on XDA (to flash via Theme Chooser) for CM7, but they don't satisfy me that much. And I think it could be quite interesting visually! ;)

Got some more themes coming up soon!

Guest SWOriginal

Can you provide more detail on the tabs issue? I know about the download text, that requires me to manually edit some files in the Market and related APKs. A fix will be available when I can face it :P

Got some more themes coming up soon!

it would be better if tabs where black, & blue when pressed.. just a suggestion tho

also hoping you do a normal battery version aswell.. or a small circle battery :D

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest TheManicGibbon

it would be better if tabs where black, & blue when pressed.. just a suggestion tho

also hoping you do a normal battery version aswell.. or a small circle battery :D

Will see what I can do! :)

Guest R_Bachman

Thanks for your work 1st of all.

The thing i want to see is a stock theme so anyone can go back without waiting for a huge restore to be installed. Not sure if even flashing from a previous

theme , this will be compatible.(edit i flashed over my theme from uot ,the ics theme n worked with no problems-anyway a stock one would be appreciated).

Can i have a small tutorial - whenever you have time- on how to change the color and icons on the power widget on the notification tray(the on off bars as well)?

I hope im not asking for much. Thanks again.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Thanks for your work 1st of all.

The thing i want to see is a stock theme so anyone can go back without waiting for a huge restore to be installed. Not sure if even flashing from a previous

theme , this will be compatible.(edit i flashed over my theme from uot ,the ics theme n worked with no problems-anyway a stock one would be appreciated).

Can i have a small tutorial - whenever you have time- on how to change the color and icons on the power widget on the notification tray(the on off bars as well)?

I hope im not asking for much. Thanks again.

Firstly, flashing from theme to theme will work fine without first reverting to stock. But I'll whip up a revert theme anyway for people who want to return to stock.

Yes, a tutorial is fine :) But have you done any theme creation or editing before so I know where to start? I'll start a new thread for that too so it doesn't clog this up.

EDIT: Revert theme added for the normal ROM, one for the Vanilla ROM will be uploaded tonight :)

Guest R_Bachman

Firstly, flashing from theme to theme will work fine without first reverting to stock. But I'll whip up a revert theme anyway for people who want to return to stock.

Yes, a tutorial is fine :) But have you done any theme creation or editing before so I know where to start? I'll start a new thread for that too so it doesn't clog this up.

EDIT: Revert theme added for the normal ROM, one for the Vanilla ROM will be uploaded tonight :)

Thanxx :) !

Regarding my experience with theming , i have to say its limited. I mostly use uot kitchen so its not really my work.

I managed to change the colors of the menus as you explained me 2-3 days ago and i was hoping changing the colors of the power widget (and the color of the bars under the widgets) it was something "not too hard" :) .

Guest TheManicGibbon

Changing the colours in the Notification Tray Power Control Widget in MMHMP

I'd advise people to read through the guide entirely before attempting anything to familiarise themselves with the process and decide if they want to complete the optional step. Although it may appear complex, it is relatively easy if you take your time and follow instructions carefully. Swapping or changing PNGs does not require resigning, decompiling or anything nasty. It's a great place to start if you're new to theming. This guide can also be applied to swapping the image files of any APK.

Downloads:

7 Zip V4.65 as some later versions had issues with APKs

The ROM zip

Assumptions:

You have Windows 7 or at least Vista, some aspects may differ slightly for XP

You are competent with file management, Windows etc.

1)Extract the files you need for the theme

Using Explorer, navigate the ROM zip you downloaded and double click it to open. Copy and paste SystemUI.apk from system\app to your desktop.

2)Pull the images folder from SystemUI.apk

Right click on SystemUI.apk > Open With > 7-Zip File Manager. If it's not in that list, clock Browse and go to Program Files/7-Zip and click 7zFM.exe

Open the APK with 7-Zip and you should see some files and folders. Double click on res and then drag the folder drawable-hdpi onto your desktop.

Double click on your desktop to open drawable-hdpi.

3)Find the images you want

The images in drawable-hdpi starting with quickpanel_ are the ones for the power control widget. Their names make it pretty obvious which icons are for what states etc, but I will go over a few:

-Icons finishing with -ing are for the state when a radio is turning on but not yet ready for use, such as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.

-quickpanel_icon_off, quickpanel_icon_on, and quickpanel_icon_ing are the little bar under each icon showing if an option is on, off or turning on.

-quickpanel_quick_settings_background is the background of the widget.

4)Edit or swap the images

You can create your own edit the images in a prgram such as Photoshop, Paint.NET or GIMP, but make sure you save them as PNGs and with the same filenames. Alternatively, swap the images with ones from the Android SDK etc, as long as you keep the name, size and filetype. The restrictions are:

On/off state icon - 48x48 pixels

Background - 480x85 pixels

On/off/turning on state indicator - 10x10 pixels

5) Put your modified images back into SystemUI.apk

On your desktop, you should have the folder drawable-hdpi, now containing your modified or new icons, SystemUI.apk and the 7-Zip window open showing the contents of SystemUI.apk\res

Drag drawable.hdpi onto the 7-Zip window. When it asks if you want to copy files to archive, click Yes.

Click the Back (folder with arrow) button just to the left of the address bar a few times, allowing 7-Zip to rebuild the archive.

6)Add 7-Zip to a ClockworkMod flashable zip

You now need to get your modified SystemUI.apk onto your phone. The easiest way to do this is to put it into an existing flashable ZIP, such as a UOT theme.

Extract a example UOT zip onto your desktop. Let's call it theme.zip, this should give you a theme folder on your desktop. Open this, you should see the following folders: app, framework, META-INF, settings. You want to open app and replace the SystemUI.apk in there with your custom one.

Finally, open the theme folder on your desktop with 7-Zip, and select app, framework, META-INF, settings. Right click > 7Zip > Add to "theme.zip"

It is this new theme.zip that you want to flash with Clockwork in exactly the same way you would flash a UOT theme.

7)[OPTIONAL] Customise your Clockwork script

Before you zip it as described in Step 6, you can navigate to META-INF\com\google\android and open updater-script with Notepad or my personal programmer's tool of choice, Notepad++

Find the line "ui_print("Applying UOT framework"); "

You can change the text in the brackets to whatever you want, to be displayed in Clockwork when you flash it, such as "R_Bachman's Amazing Power Control Mod"

Finally, save and close, and then zip as described in Step 6.

Guest R_Bachman

ManicGibbon i really can't thank you enough man. You made my day :). Awesome !!!

Here's my 1st attempt(just testing stuff). I need to start photoshop lessons from utube :P btw.

post-848780-0-36488800-1320384788_thumb.

The background on the power widget is from a launcherpro dock.

I also changed the changing state icon from greenish to red. I couldn't make out if i did pushed the icon(wifi,gps etc). Now its easier to see when its activating.

I wanted to give the background a glass black effect but i didn't liked the result so far. I need time, for more tests.

Thanxx again m8 !!!

Guest TheManicGibbon

That's great mate, glad I could help!

I notice the bottom bar of your notification tray is the one that UOT sometimes puts in regardless of the one you choose.

If you're interested, you can change it to what you want by copying and pasting [off the top of my head, I'll check later] status_bar_close_on.png

and renaming one to shade_handlebar.png, overwriting the existing shade_handlebar.

Hope that helps too! :)

Guest R_Bachman

It helped :) ! I found a ready made one until i get better with photoshop.

Vol bars and sliders are blue too but i can't upload the img(error smthng)

post-848780-0-21311300-1320409014_thumb. post-848780-0-05790300-1320409015_thumb. post-848780-0-33522500-1320409009_thumb. post-848780-0-89764500-1320409345_thumb.

This is the same with different power widget. I just need to change the bottom bar.

post-848780-0-34358600-1320409522_thumb. Cheers.

Guest daaneel

Hey Manic!

Here's a great GSF theme I'd love to see ported on Moldovan!

I hope you're still open to suggestions, here's the link:

(It's N4tsuko's Grey Carbon theme)

Thanks in advance!

Guest dirlan2001

Hey Manic!

Here's a great GSF theme I'd love to see ported on Moldovan!

I hope you're still open to suggestions, here's the link: http://android.modac...out-quickpanel/

(It's N4tsuko's Grey Carbon theme)

Thanks in advance!

LOL :D +1 but for the GreenCarbon one... Anyway, as I did see n4tsuko posting in Moldovan-thread also, I guess it might be very well possible he's working on a port himself.

Cheers

Guest TheManicGibbon

Hey guys, sorry to disappoint you but at the moment, I don't like porting other people's stuff and as you said it is likely he is working on it already. If not, why not ask him?

I'm really busy at the moment and I don't really have time, and I work mainly on making versions of Android look and feel like other versions...if you look at all my themes, they are all to transform your ROM into a newer version or differing skin.

Hope you guys understand!

Guest dirlan2001

Hey guys, sorry to disappoint you but at the moment, I don't like porting other people's stuff and as you said it is likely he is working on it already. If not, why not ask him?

I'm really busy at the moment and I don't really have time, and I work mainly on making versions of Android look and feel like other versions...if you look at all my themes, they are all to transform your ROM into a newer version or differing skin.

Hope you guys understand!

Sure, no problem.... And if need be one can always start venturing into UOT (although my last attempt didn't work very well :D

cheers

Guest TheManicGibbon

Sure, no problem.... And if need be one can always start venturing into UOT (although my last attempt didn't work very well :D

cheers

Good luck, I'm willing to help you if I can, if you have any problems though :)

Guest eirlysbill1

@ Manic

Hi, I downloaded 3 of the themes this weekend, and I really like the ICS one. But I have a few questions:

• In both the sense theme and the mountain pie revert theme, I could not power the phone off after flashing them. Every long press on the power button produced a reboot, instead of powering off. Did I do something wrong? In the end I had to pull the battery to shut it off.
  • When I flashed the revert theme, I chose the non-vanilla one, thinking that when I flashed it, that it would take me back to the theme that KonstaT originally had on the rom (RLS4). But it looked like a plain version to me. No notification short cuts, etc. I assumed that it would just go back to the way it was before. I did check the MD5 sum and it matched the revert file.
  • I like the idea of being able to change themes like once a week or so, but in a older thread on the forum, I saw that a warning not to do that. They said pick one and stay with it until you flash a new rom. The reason they gave was that not all themes are made from the same framework, and changing them all the time could slow the phone down to a snail's pace. http://android.modac...r-my-zte-blade/
  • I have no clue about this; but am I correct in assuming that this isn't the case with your themes and MMHMP? Considering how close you seem to be working with KonstaT, I'm guessing that you are using the same framework, Is that right, or am I totally off ?

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work,

Bill

Guest TheManicGibbon

@ Manic

Hi, I downloaded 3 of the themes this weekend, and I really like the ICS one. But I have a few questions:

• In both the sense theme and the mountain pie revert theme, I could not power the phone off after flashing them. Every long press on the power button produced a reboot, instead of powering off. Did I do something wrong? In the end I had to pull the battery to shut it off.
  • When I flashed the revert theme, I chose the non-vanilla one, thinking that when I flashed it, that it would take me back to the theme that KonstaT originally had on the rom (RLS4). But it looked like a plain version to me. No notification short cuts, etc. I assumed that it would just go back to the way it was before. I did check the MD5 sum and it matched the revert file.
  • I like the idea of being able to change themes like once a week or so, but in a older thread on the forum, I saw that a warning not to do that. They said pick one and stay with it until you flash a new rom. The reason they gave was that not all themes are made from the same framework, and changing them all the time could slow the phone down to a snail's pace. http://android.modac...r-my-zte-blade/
  • I have no clue about this; but am I correct in assuming that this isn't the case with your themes and MMHMP? Considering how close you seem to be working with KonstaT, I'm guessing that you are using the same framework, Is that right, or am I totally off ?

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work,

Bill

Hi,

-I don't think this is related to the theme. Perhaps try wiping your caches in Clockworkmod, but I really don't see how this could have been caused by the theme.

-I'll check that for you, it could be my fault. I made the revert themes very quickly so it's possible I've mixed them up. I'll get back to you :)

-You are correct, I have been working with KonstaT on this and therefore all my themes do indeed use the same frameworks. I doubt flashing themes would slow your phone down to a noticeable extent.

Hope this helps!

Guest eirlysbill1

Hi,

-I don't think this is related to the theme. Perhaps try wiping your caches in Clockworkmod, but I really don't see how this could have been caused by the theme.

I know this is funny, but it only happened when I had flashed those 2 themes, and no other time. I tried loads of times to push the button for different lengths of time, etc. No joy, no shut down menu at all. It just kept rebooting on every push of the button; so I pulled the battery, then booted into recovery, then installed the ICS theme again and now the menu is there every time, including the recovery and reboot options.

PS: sorry if its a stupid question, but which caches?

Thanks for your help

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest dirlan2001

I know this is funny, but it only happened when I had flashed those 2 themes, and no other time. I tried loads of times to push the button for different lengths of time, etc. No joy, no shut down menu at all. It just kept rebooting on every push of the button; so I pulled the battery, then booted into recovery, then installed the ICS theme again and now the menu is there every time, including the recovery and reboot options.

PS: sorry if its a stupid question, but which caches?

Thanks for your help

Hmmmm ... in CW you can wipe 'cache-factory-reset' and then in 'advanced' you'll find an option for DalVik-cache and eventually 'batterystats'...Perhaps for theming you could do with wiping dalvik alone ...

:D

Guest TheManicGibbon

Hmm, yes that certainly is strange.

Hmmmm ... in CW you can wipe 'cache-factory-reset' and then in 'advanced' you'll find an option for DalVik-cache and eventually 'batterystats'...Perhaps for theming you could do with wiping dalvik alone ...

:D

This :)

Sorry for the slow reply!