S F Bricked???

Guest Brobot

I got my S F Dec 2010 and flashed it with a modaco custom rom and all was good. In the last couple of weeks it has been displaying 'please insert sim card'. Not being able to fix this I decided to flash a stock rom and return to Orange and seek help.The stock rom worked but left the screen blue. I am now unable to get into the phone.When I turn it on holding vol up It gets stuck on the android and when I hold vol down I get a white square with FTM in the middle. I can access the sd card by turning the phone on plugging in the usb and mounting but once in I have no idea what to do.Thanks in advance for any help!!B)

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I got my S F Dec 2010 and flashed it with a modaco custom rom and all was good. In the last couple of weeks it has been displaying 'please insert sim card'. Not being able to fix this I decided to flash a stock rom and return to Orange and seek help.The stock rom worked but left the screen blue. I am now unable to get into the phone.When I turn it on holding vol up It gets stuck on the android and when I hold vol down I get a white square with FTM in the middle. I can access the sd card by turning the phone on plugging in the usb and mounting but once in I have no idea what to do.Thanks in advance for any help!!B)

which stock ROM did you flash? Flash the Stock Orange TPT from here. If that doesn't work, flash the stock Gen1 package from here, then the TPT.

Guest dirlan2001

Did you try to put the SIM in another phone ? Most of the time this 'error' is due to a faulty SIM, not a failing device... Could have saved you a flash or 2

:D

Thanks guys for your help. Managed to get rid of blue tint & FTM but still only recognizing sim card when it feels like it. Will have to see if the orange doctor can sort it :D