[KERNEL] TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.5 (25.06.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

Guest Pinguy

TechnoLover any chance of adding the Brain badword Scheduler (BFS) to your next kernel? Also could you enable Zram.

I would have ago myself but have never really needed to mess around with kernels before. I should really start getting involved as I am now doing Android ROMs and already have a linux distro.

If you do add BFS it will improve performance by a noticeable amount. Here is a video of PinguyOS running BFS that someone built for me.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest SLBoy

thanks technolover for your brilliant work... i've notice a little problem (sometimes) with the new kernel... infact sometimes the power button doesn't turn on the phone from stand by... am i the one with this problem?

i think is a new I/O problem!!!blink.gif

Same here :unsure:

Guest TechnoLover

the V® scheduler is the problem for the stand by and wake up problem... either you have to install an app (AnTuTu CPU Master par example) to change that or you wait until I finished new MT Control ;)

Guest scotth324

I can wait. It isn't a huge huge lag. Giving it a good test next few days. Thank you for your hard work and your quick fixes for problems like the camera.

Guest Shurimar

TechnoLover, how can i change default Scheduler?

similar question

the question is removed, solution is found///

Edited by Shurimar

Guest chemicalbuz

thanks technolover for your brilliant work... i've notice a little problem (sometimes) with the new kernel... infact sometimes the power button doesn't turn on the phone from stand by... am i the one with this problem?

same for me with performance rom

Guest TechnoLover

Excuse me, why was MTControl app not included in 1.4 and 1.4a?

It isn't included anymore, since 1.4. You have to download it from the other thread.

For the guys who have trouble with the phone and the power button, try to use another scheduler... I'm already uploading 1.3 of MT Control ;)

Guest vidalix

For the guys who have trouble with the phone and the power button, try to use another scheduler... I'm already uploading 1.3 of MT Control ;)

i've already try, but i think is not a scheduler problem!!!sad.gif

anyway.... another great work... thank you techno!!!

Guest michele p

i'm using the scheduler noop. And don't have the problem of power button...

With another schedule I have the problem.

#wenstenlive : i tried all the schedulers with noop i have not problems now (yesterday i had problems also with noop)...now i'm using sio after using noop and i had not problem too...i tried a lot of time but i'm not able to reproduce the problem anymore ...buh...now it works great(with sio my favourite)...:blink:

Guest vidalix

the problem, wiyh all schedulers, happens after a long standby, for example a night!!!

so i think, i repeat, isn't a scheduler problem... i'm waiting for a techno technical replywink.gif

Guest vincyforce

I have always problems with this kernel to the fact that sometimes the battery wil l discharge immediately ondemand and smartass v2 and I always have to switch them so as not to end up once the battery do not know how to fix it : (

Guest TechnoLover

It broke my wireless tethering :/

What happens? How do you get to know it don't work? Can you provide a logcat and/or dmesg?

Technolover, is it possible to fix the App2sd (A2SDGUI) bug with Gingerounay?

which bug?

I have always problems with this kernel to the fact that sometimes the battery wil l discharge immediately ondemand and smartass v2 and I always have to switch them so as not to end up once the battery do not know how to fix it : (

Sorry, I don't understand that =/

Guest TechnoLover

Well 1.4a broke my wifi secured with AES/TKIP

returning to 1.3a works like a charm :)

Could you test if it works with CyanogenMod, newest version of Lens_flare. I think that's related to new wifi part ramdisk.

@lgcmn

why?

Guest MRx Danny

I will test it tommorow. (OFC tested with stock rom - I do not like cyanogen very much) 

Edited by MRx Danny

Guest fabiorino

which bug?

You wote it in the first page:

"Knows Issues

• App2SD isn't working on Gingerounay 3.0"

Edited by fabiorino