[KERNEL] TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.5 (25.06.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

For people having freezes on bootscreens with Gingerounay 3, try removing the battery for 5 minutes (or more) when it happens. After that put the battery back and switch your phone on. It did the trick for me and a few other people.

Guest scotth324

Just tried keeping the battery out for 5 minutes but it didn't work. So restoring and hopefully a fix will come along. Would really like to be able to extend the battery life a bit if I could.

Guest stonebear

I am stable Rom stock 2.3.6 750/750/850/875/975 122mhz/1024mhz, I puts ondemande or lagfree??

It is your choice. smile.gif

Now I am stable, I tend to use on-demand with min-max of 245-1024.

Lagfree doesn't seem to go less than 368 even if I set min of 122, also it keeps the frequencies unnecessarily high in general imo, however it does make it responsive and "lag free".

Guest TechnoLover

May you build cifs.ko and nls_utf8.ko modules for CifsManager work with your kernel?

Yes, I have to search a guide but I will give it a try, but just next week because I write some tests this week ;)

@stonebear

glad to hear that ;)

Guest edisson77

After setting low voltage again trouble charging battery. Charging has stopped at 81%. Require a reboot, it became 97%, then charge up to 100%.

Edited by edisson77

Guest TropicalRooster

love this kernal, thanks man.

btw... someone on the whirlpool forums 'namelessfornow' posted their success with undervolting settings and their success with testing different scenarios running stable.

This is what they found:

122MHz @ 750mV

245MHz @ 750mV

368MHz @ 750mV

786MHz @ 900mV

806MHz @ 925mV

1024MHz @ 1025mV

1200MHz @ 1125mV

I've been running these with no crashes or hangs so far.

Guest chemicalbuz

i try to install it on gingerounay 3.0.1 but i got freeze on first screen, do i have to full wipe before flashing?

EDIT: i solved wiping dalvik cache before flashing kernel ;) but A2SDGUI seams not working on this kernel, is this right? will it be fixed?

Edited by chemicalbuz

btw... someone on the whirlpool forums 'namelessfornow' posted their success with undervolting settings and their success with testing different scenarios running stable.

It's it important to note though that every CPU is different and that what works for someone else may not work for everyone. Everyone should always test stability on their own phone if you use it as your primary phone.

Guest chris_kozani

I just flashed GingerOunay 3.0, booted it, flashed my Kernel and it booted - so I have no problem =/

i made it to boot in gingerouney with clean install.It boots ok but it seems it doesnt recognize the ext partition.I try from a2sd gui app to move apps in ext partition but it doesnt work.It fails.Maybe this is the reason that it doesnt boot before at least for me without clean install.I had apps+ dalvik in sd-ext partition

Guest scotth324

Is there any log I could get or any type of data that I could take off my phone that would lead you to the cause of the non-boot condition? I am not all that great at this. My phone worked well on the dmd low voltage kernel. I may have to try wiping everything again completely and starting from scratch to see if I can make something happen differently. If you can let me know I would be happy to provide some information for you I just will need to be told how to do so.

Thanks,

Scott

Guest TechnoLover

i try to install it on gingerounay 3.0.1 but i got freeze on first screen, do i have to full wipe before flashing?

I did a fresh install of GingerOunay 3, booted it once up and then flashen the kernel. I don't know why it won't work with yours =/

i made it to boot in gingerouney with clean install.It boots ok but it seems it doesnt recognize the ext partition.I try from a2sd gui app to move apps in ext partition but it doesnt work.It fails.Maybe this is the reason that it doesnt boot before at least for me without clean install.I had apps+ dalvik in sd-ext partition

so the sd-ext doesn't get mounted? I'm gonna have a look, maybe app2sd is really the issue =/

It's it important to note though that every CPU is different and that what works for someone else may not work for everyone. Everyone should always test stability on their own phone if you use it as your primary phone.

my phone can go very low for example ;)

@scotth324

do you had app2sd enabled?

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest scotth324

Yes I do. I have everything on SD. Maybe I will have to change that. Will Link2sd work with Gingerouney? Might have to go to t&l but I like the ICS look and unlock screen as well as the 3.0.1 Rom seems to have louder volume which is very nice.

Guest stonebear

After setting low voltage again trouble charging battery. Charging has stopped at 81%. Require a reboot, it became 97%, then charge up to 100%.

I had similar, I have had it with David's kernel too. I think it is cos battery calibration gets confused. I charged it to 100% and then wiped battery stats, that normally fixes it.

Guest TechnoLover

My opinion is that it's because of 1% battery steps, I think Acer got their reason to not use it. Maybe it's because of charging controller and/or the voltage from charger, I have to have a look on that, but no time this week :o

Guest stonebear

My opinion is that it's because of 1% battery steps, I think Acer got their reason to not use it. Maybe it's because of charging controller and/or the voltage from charger, I have to have a look on that, but no time this week :o

That would be great. smile.gif

Personally, I would be happy without the 1% battery step, we have overclocking and voltage control and that is enough.

Edited by stonebear

Guest chris_kozani

I did a fresh install of GingerOunay 3, booted it once up and then flashen the kernel. I don't know why it won't work with yours =/

so the sd-ext doesn't get mounted? I'm gonna have a look, maybe app2sd is really the issue =/

my phone can go very low for example ;)

@scotth324

do you had app2sd enabled?

i moved to link2sd way and it is ok for now.Thanks for your great work.I have metal for basic phone and hd2 for experiments :P so i will stay to this compilation for now.

The next big thing i am waiting is a full working cm7 rom for metal

Edited by chris_kozani

Guest stonebear

Here is another reason why I think my battery calibration is wrong, not because of the kernel itself but because of me changing roms and kernels all the time lately.

1% and 3645mV cannot be right and suggests a calibration issue? I am only guessing from a bit of googling on the subject.

According to "acer_battery_table_type acer_battery_chg_25C_900mA_table" which has the highest percentage/mV - 1% should be 3451mV.

A more normal mV at 1% would be around 3000-3400mV?

But like I say, I am only guessing and looking for answers. I only got this phone a couple of months ago and it is my first smartphone of any kind so I know nothing.

post-930555-0-57861800-1320882472_thumb.

Edited by stonebear

Guest stonebear

After the screenshot in the above post was taken, I ran benchmarks and Youtube for an hour before the phone shut itself off with a mV of around 3400.

I ran it down so far because I am trying to calibrate the battery, it was charged to 100% then I used this to wipe the batterystats.bin, I have just ran it all the way down and now I recharge to 100% again and that is supposed to calibrate it - we will see. wink.gif

Guest South_butovo

Tehnolover, thank you for your job, but I've questions.

Could you create stock boot zip for unistall your boot?

The settings in Mt Voltage control doesn't save after reboot, athough I clicked on "Set Voltages On Boot"