• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can anyone recommend a decent car holder?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I know that a standard holder can be picked up for a few pounds these days but I'm after something on a suction cup and has an area for the camera to point through so that I can use DailyRoads Voyager. I'm probably not going to splash out on a Brodit-style system but don't mind paying for something which is up to the job.

Cheers.

Posted

Try original LG-P990 Car Cradle. Its called SCS-410 on ebay or amazon. Easy to find and it works great, using it with my BMW

Posted

I'm using the Brodit Car Clip for the Optimus 2x. It's a bit more expensive than the LG car cradle, but it clips on your center air conditioning exhaust rather than the windshield, and is a permanent and very durable solution. I'd buy again anytime!

Posted

I use a pikey eBay universal one that I opened up and glued a magnet in.

Posted

Try original LG-P990 Car Cradle. Its called SCS-410 on ebay or amazon. Easy to find and it works great, using it with my BMW

Same as, apart from the Beemer! Plus it comes with an in car charger.

Posted

Sounds like the official one is good to go for then. Ebay shows them at just under £20, does that sound right?

Posted

Go for the LG official one. Ebay generic ones are complete shite that not only are just s*** in every way possible but will only last a bout 20 minutes.

Posted

I got a cheap eBay one for my iPod a few years ago and its still going strong, its a pain to attach but once its on its solid

Posted

Sounds like the official one is good to go for then. Ebay shows them at just under £20, does that sound right?

Sounds about right. And of all the cradles I've used in the past, this one is very sturdy and actually well designed,

Posted

The only drawback of the official car holder is that does not fit if I use a cover, I suppose. Can you confirm?

Posted

The only drawback of the official car holder is that does not fit if I use a cover, I suppose. Can you confirm?

Yes that's true. But then unless you go for something like a Clingo I can't say I've found any device specific cradles that support the phone with a cover. The generic cradles obviously do, but they look horrible!

Can't say it bothers me though having to clip the phone out of the LG hard case, but then I don't use the cradle that often.