TurboSim & X-Sim Experiences

Guest cmberry20

Guest cmberry20

Ok, I've started this thread because there still seems to be a bit of confusion whether the Turbosim or X-Sims are working 100% with the OMC.

It seems that they are fairly successful, however, there does seem to be a trick to getting them working.

eg. Putting the phine SIM & Turbosim into an unlocked phone & then putting back into the OMC.

Are all features working? 3G, Calls, Texts, MMS?

Also, I've read that they can be working one minute & then no signal a minute later. Is this the case?

So, If you have purchased either the TurboSim or X-Sim could you just write a few sentences on your experiences & if you had an issues how did you overcome them.

Cheers guys.

Edited by cmberry20

Guest ninjagordy

Ok, I've started this thread because there still seems to be a bit of confusion whether the Turbosim or X-Sims are working 100% with the OMC.

It seems that they are fairly successful, however, there does seem to be a trick to getting them working.

eg. Putting the phine SIM & Turbosim into an unlocked phone & then putting back into the OMC.

Are all features working? 3G, Calls, Texts, MMS?

Also, I've read that they can be working one minute & then no signal a minute later. Is this the case?

So, If you have purchased either the TurboSim or X-Sim could you just write a few sentences on your experiences & if you had an issues how did you overcome them.

Cheers guys.

ORDERED MINES YESTERDAY SO ILL UPDATE ONCE IT ARRIVES!!sry caps! ;-)

Guest arnoldziq

After a quite few hours of struggling, I've manage to run o2 3G sim card on OMC. All is work fine now, like on a fully unlocked phone. Totally worth it !.

post-939973-0-38944400-1320159861_thumb.

Guest cmberry20

Hi Arnoldziq

Glad you got it work, but what problems did you have & how did you sort it out?

Also, was it TurboSim or X-Sim?

It might help out others that bought one.

Guest arnoldziq

Hi Arnoldziq

Glad you got it work, but what problems did you have & how did you sort it out?

Also, was it TurboSim or X-Sim?

It might help out others that bought one.

Problem : http://android.modac...ost__p__1835725

My X/Turbo sim :

Solution : http://android.modac...ost__p__1836268

Good luck !

Edited by arnoldziq

Guest arnoldziq

One more thing.

It was take me a good few minutes to run 3G/4G data connection.

No APN setting come up on a screen, due x-sim card MCC/MNC settings doesn't match to any of existing networks.

post-939973-0-73385500-1320165384_thumb.

To make it work, I've edit one of APN Backup files, and import it with APN Backup and Restore.

apns-o2_UK_x_sim.xml

Guest ninjagordy

One more thing.

It was take me a good few minutes to run 3G/4G data connection.

No APN setting come up on a screen, due x-sim card MCC/MNC settings doesn't match to any of existing networks.

post-939973-0-73385500-1320165384_thumb.

To make it work, I've edit one of APN Backup files, and import it with APN Backup and Restore.

apns-o2_UK_x_sim.xml

good thinking . i may need your help sorting mines out when it arrives...watch out for pm ;-)

Guest Petesky

Should be another option there (Works fine most of the time)

Like mine works great but every now and then I need to replace Sim only , into unlocked phone or phone locked to the sim network,

to get a signal , place sim and xsim back in monte carlo and all good again,

Xsim is getting a bit messed up tho, probably end up crumbling had it in and out about half dozen over the last 3 weeks

I am on T-mobile and the situation is: Can make calls, send texts and use data since I put the t-mobile APN settings (3G+ as well) BUT cannot receive calls and texts UNTIL I make a call myself and then the 'pipe' seems to get unclogged :) and can receive calls. Then as phone is left idle it goes back to the same state of not receiving calls.

I bought the XSIM from Darren on eBay. I have tried codes 0032 and 0096 and the situation is the same.

I got one just after the initial announcement that they worked, mine didn't :(

It would unlock the phone but not connect to network (giffgaff) I spent 6 hours or so trying all the various codes, including reprogramming it after a link to the manufacturers website was posted in the original thread.

The best I managed was (when in a really strong signal area) to get to the point i could make calls and send texts but not recieve them but as soon as I went into a poor signal area the phone would need a reboot to get signal when back in a strong signal area.

I resolved these issues by getting a refund and am using an old phone until the 3 months is up and i can get an unlock from orange.

Guest Joey Scarf

I got mine a few weeks ago

Mine works most of the time but it is temperamental as it does lose signal sometimes

When i stay around my house it i fine but as soon as i travel somewhere it might lose signal, i think it might be something to do with moving and changing which signal mast your using

as it keeps losing signal when i'm on a train or in the car, but never at home, or staying in my area

When i lose signal i can regain signal by taking my sim out putting it in my osf (or any unlocked phone) and then back into my omc and it will work again (takes about a 2mins)

I hope this is of help

+ i'm on t-mobile and i haven't done any rooting or rom changes

Edited by Joey Scarf

Guest ninjagordy

Hi troops, before I go any further,arnoldziq you are a legend and thanks for your help matey +Rep to you. Got my Turbo sim today (x sim) and it is now working fine for all things txt calls data etc currently connected to 4G and writing this from my omc with a 3 sim. I bit fiddly at first but all good now :-)

Guest ninjagordy

Hi troops, before I go any further,arnoldziq you are a legend and thanks for your help matey +Rep to you. Got my Turbo sim today (x sim) and it is now working fine for all things txt calls data etc currently connected to 4G and writing this from my omc with a 3 sim. I bit fiddly at first but all good now :-)

after getting it connected to 3 it was not receiving calls or texts but i could call and text like everyone above. after manually configuring the apn's it all sorted its self out nicely.

ill keep you posted on how it is .

cheers dudes

Gordy!

Guest CyberSurfer

I have the Turbo Sim and I'm on Vodafone network. I used the quick start method with an unlocked phone (OSF) and then put in the APN details to get everything working - calls in/out, texts in/out, and data.

However recently I've noticed that data/3G has stopped working in that I can switch on "allow data" and "data roaming" but it still does not show the 3g icon.

Haven't tried 'refreshing' in the OSF...

Anyone else has the same problem - if so, how did you fix it ?

Cheers

Guest ninjagordy

I have the Turbo Sim and I'm on Vodafone network. I used the quick start method with an unlocked phone (OSF) and then put in the APN details to get everything working - calls in/out, texts in/out, and data.

However recently I've noticed that data/3G has stopped working in that I can switch on "allow data" and "data roaming" but it still does not show the 3g icon.

Haven't tried 'refreshing' in the OSF...

Anyone else has the same problem - if so, how did you fix it ?

Cheers

no issues for me , mines is always showing connected to 4g here...

Guest Isaias1983

Hi there!

I am from Greece and i have bought an orange monte carlo locked to orange...

I bought a turbo x-sim card from ebay and with the trick that i read from here i can make calls and text....But i cannot get data to work...No 2g or 3g data...

When i try to edit the apn settings with my vodafone Gr settings i push save and then settings are disappearing...The problem occurs when i try to edit the mcc or mnc setting.If i change it from the standard 001 and 01 then its deleted automatically...I try editing with apn backup and restore programs but i cant get it to work...Again no Apn choose at settings....Is anything else i can do guys?

Thnks for the reply and sorry for my bad english...

Guest Chris_67

No need to continue here anymore, since we have a working OMC-unlock for free here now. For those that do not understand what has been written there, be patient, a detailed Tutorial will be out here on MoDaCo soon.

Edited by Chris_67