Sign in to follow this  
aaww

Is Your Android Market App Loading Slowly?

The intrepid folks over at XDA are always tinkering away to try and make using your Android device a better experience. And a few weeks ago, one of them (namely, temasek) found that the Android Market has some issues trying to resolve DNS servers when your device is connected over Wi-Fi. This can cause the Market to load slowly, and it's definitely something I've experienced on my own phone.

The solution? A popular app called Set DNS (note: root is required), which forces your phone or tablet to use a particular name server when connecting to the web, may speed up load times over Wi-Fi. Upon using it myself, after a reboot, I noticed the Market did seem to load substantially faster than I've grown accustomed to. Here's the link to the free version:

taken from :http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/11/01/tip-is-your-android-market-app-loading-slowly-especially-on-wi-fi-give-this-fix-a-try/

I am going to try it out tomorrow and tell you if there is a diffidence.

WOW ! it works. I set mine toi use google dns and the market opens in no time ! . I used the free ver.