Alternative to San Fran?

Guest neologan

Guest neologan

My San Fran had an accident. I was wondering if these days there is a better option than the San fran at the same price range, or if it's still "the" budget android phone to get.

Thanks.

Guest hugobosslives

there's quite a few good ones now.

the skate can be got for about 120ish

the U8800 can be had for 150ish (very good phone)

another blade can be bought for 80ish

a phone that isn't budget but is cheap atm is the xperia play (£149.99 at 02 PAYG atm)

EDIT: oh and btw why did you put this in the roms section? To MOD please move

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest neologan

a phone that isn't budget but is cheap atm is the xperia play (£149.99 at 02 PAYG atm)

Yeah sorry, i have a bookmark right to here and still not used to the forum tree at the top, i didn't notice i was in the roms section.

So the skate is a more powerful phone than the blade? I love the enormous rom support for the blade, so maybe i should just get another...

Edited by neologan

Guest rockstarszzzz

Doesn't look like they are dong xperia play at O2 any more.

My San Fran had an accident. I was wondering if these days there is a better option than the San fran at the same price range, or if it's still "the" budget android phone to get.

Thanks.

you can get the spice mi-410 (india its priced at 13000INR or 260ish US$)...its the rebranding of huwaei ideos X6.. very nice fone and has some developer support @xda..or u can wait for the xiomi m1(with MIUI rom) not sure wen its coming..its in the same range 260$..

Guest rockstarszzzz

you can get the spice mi-410 (india its priced at 13000INR or 260ish US$)...its the rebranding of huwaei ideos X6.. very nice fone and has some developer support @xda..or u can wait for the xiomi m1(with MIUI rom) not sure wen its coming..its in the same range 260$..

Spice have plunged into android based phones? :o that went unnoticed!

Spice have plunged into android based phones? :o that went unnoticed!

spice mi 270,310,350,410 (mi-410 being rebranding of ideos x6)

olive vs300(another rebranding of ideos x6) both the rebrandings priced at 13000INR or 260$ something...

not to mention micromax a85 being rumoured..

and btw zte has only one phone selliong in india dell xcd35..none other available :(

and also price of motorola milestone trickled down to 275$

Edited by l2azor

I would go for Acer Liquid E or the Liquid Metal from Expansys.Co.UK. its 135pounds for a high end android device... and has the Same hardware as Nexus One, so games are really good...

I went from the blade to the skate.

And I can say that for the money,it is a very good device,and there is good custom roms for it(including cm7)

Only problem is that there is no unlock yet,so locked to orange for now.

The skate has a 4.3 inch screen,overclocks to nearly 1Ghz,game play is much better than the blade.

The camera is not to bad,but video is a joke,however,rom developer tillaz is working on 480x800 recording.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Anyone knows if blade is available for 80ish somewhere? I can't seem to find it below £130. One of my friend wants to buy it after seeing mine last week.

Guest hugobosslives

Anyone knows if blade is available for 80ish somewhere? I can't seem to find it below £130. One of my friend wants to buy it after seeing mine last week.

new? not in the uk. orange arn't as generous as they were last year

ebay will get you a mint used one for 70-80ish tho (even tho i personally wouldn't buy a ebay used phone)

Guest popoyaya

I would go for Acer Liquid E or the Liquid Metal from Expansys.Co.UK. its 135pounds for a high end android device... and has the Same hardware as Nexus One, so games are really good...

Acer Liquid Metal:

480 x 800 pixels, 3.6 inches

512 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM

800 MHz Scorpion processor

Acer Liquid E

480 x 800 pixels, 3.5 inches

512MB RAM, 512MB ROM

768 MHz Scorpion processor

About the same as the Blade then. Not so "high end".

Guest rockstarszzzz

new? not in the uk. orange arn't as generous as they were last year

ebay will get you a mint used one for 70-80ish tho (even tho i personally wouldn't buy a ebay used phone)

Is £130 a good price for new one then? In the UK yes. Or are new ones available somewhere for cheaper? I got mine for £109 (includes the £10 top up too) - but gone are those days..