Market Issues - "Not compatible with your device"

Guest strvmarv

Guest strvmarv

This was a duh moment for me, so learn from my fail.

If your having issues with apps not allowing you to update/install and the online market says your device is not compatible and you've modified your lcd density, comment out that line in your build.prop and reboot. Open the market after and poof, market works again. Likely the reason folks smarter than me (djsteve, etc.) comment this line out or exclude it by default in roms now...

Sent from my Dell Streak

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mitrokin

This was a duh moment for me, so learn from my fail.

If your having issues with apps not allowing you to update/install and the online market says your device is not compatible and you've modified your lcd density, comment out that line in your build.prop and reboot. Open the market after and poof, market works again. Likely the reason folks smarter than me (djsteve, etc.) comment this line out or exclude it by default in roms now...

Sent from my Dell Streak

Hey, along with the above mentioned setting u also need to clear the cache from Settings>applications>Market.

It worked for me

Guest gitf@ce

I don't see the point in this. If you # out your chosen lcd density then the phone isn't doing what you want it to. Also what's the point of downloading an app that is not suited to your chosen dpi?

Have I missed something?

Guest adzman808

the amount of apps you can't get with the 'wrong' denisty is very aggresive.. adobe flash for example... the issue is the new version of market really, older versions weren't so fussy

Guest marvin02

I don't see the point in this. If you # out your chosen lcd density then the phone isn't doing what you want it to. Also what's the point of downloading an app that is not suited to your chosen dpi?

Have I missed something?

Many of the apps that show as not compatible ARE, but the dev hasn't clearly declared the app as compatible. This might be because they can't test it or because they simply list it only for the DPI they develop it for. Many apps that the market won't list are compatible and work fine.

Guest gitf@ce

Many of the apps that show as not compatible ARE, but the dev hasn't clearly declared the app as compatible. This might be because they can't test it or because they simply list it only for the DPI they develop it for. Many apps that the market won't list are compatible and work fine.

In that case maybe it would be better to choose a more compatible dpi like 240 rather than 160?

• 2 months later...

Have I missed something?

I ran into this, and found that I could switch the density back to my preferred one AFTER I installed the desired app(s) since most will work with the higher density(lower number), although maybe not optimally (i.e. no reflow of text to use extra empty space). Just make it a routine to follow for adding apps.

HTH,

R

Edited by rokky

• 4 weeks later...