Official Gary Crutcher's ROM Discussion Thread

Guest Lancez

Guest skoda60

XWLPD was smooth and stable. Enjoy your ROM. As usual I done double wiped by changing to oxalps csc and set to XEU code, Siyah 3.2.4.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mawrick26

Hi gary,

I try to cook my own rom and could you tell me how do you remove the 'accuweather.com" logo on the locksreen please.

Guest skoda60
Hi Gary,

I'm experiencing a weird issue when connecting USB...

Before I was running modaco Gr5 android 2.3.4 and when I connected my USB I could read messages like "conecting USB" and "USB connected" then I pulled down notification bar and tapped on "USB connected" and got the screen with the green android and could tap on button "Connect USB storage".

Now I get something like "Connecting MTP" and "MTP connected" when I tap there, I get nothing, then I need to go to Settings, Wireless connections, USB and then connect USB storage.

When I flash my device with your ROM I double erase every cache (double check on Davlik) and it all works ok, but I get this issue...

For the record, I'm using Fedora 14 on my laptop.

I'm attaching an screenshot from my mobile when connecting USB.

Best,

Amaya

If you need mass storage, unplugged USB from PC.

goto setting > development > unchecked USB debugging then goto wireless > more > USB utilities > touch connect storage to PC and last connect the USB to PC.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi gary,

I try to cook my own rom and could you tell me how do you remove the 'accuweather.com" logo on the locksreen please.

Look in res/layout/zzz_keyguard_screen_clockwidget.xml & res/layout/zzz_keyguard_screen_clockwidget_land.xml which is in framework-res.apk

Remove the line which says unlock_accuweather_logo - it is near the bottom - see blow:

<ImageView android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/unlock_accuweather_logo" android:layout_below="@id/clock_weather_inner" />

Guest Mikkle

@Mikkle

Here is the ICS blue icon systemui you requested. The CWM zip file contains the following with blue icons:

SystemUI.apk

Contacts.apk

framework-res.apk

lidroid-res.apk

Make sure you backup before installing this.

Enjoy

Gary

XWLP7-ICS-Theme

Hi again, Gary!

Any chance you can do this theme for XWLPF as well?

:-) Mikkle

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi again, Gary!

Any chance you can do this theme for XWLPF as well?

:-) Mikkle

Hi Mikkle,

I will work on it this week.

Have to teach all week at school. Long days. :P

Hopefully it should not take too long.

Guest Gary Crutcher

As always, bundles of thanks, Gary! :-)

paypal ref: 7PL81390GY174630R

Thank you very much Mikkle.

Will try to have it done in 2 days or sooner.

Guest skoda60
Can anyone advise me where I can download an official stock ICS ROM that's flashable via CWM?
I know Samsung never release any official ROM can flash by CWM. Gary ROM was official except little tweak on status bar and power menu plus deodexed. I can easily flashed any official rom by mobile Odin and my phone still remained rooted. If you wanted an odex stock rom without all this tweaks then you Google for wanan stock rom which can be flashed by cwm.

Guest V5er

Thanks, I just wanted to go back to a ROM that will allow me to receive official software updates OTA or via KIES. I'm now on Paul's rooted stock ICS ROM (via Odin) but no joy with KIES yet! :(

Edited by V5er

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WearTheFoxHat

Hi Chaps,

Wanted to ask a very quick question.

I'm currently running latest CM9 rom, on their kernel with an XXLPQ modem.

So, if I install Gary's Rom : "Samsung Galaxy S II XWLPF (ICS v4.0.3) ROM", do I still need to install a stock ROM first?? The page says it's a Full ROM, hence my question.

Secondly, do I need to change kernel or modem first?

Edit: Last question, does Gary's ROM support TV out on the GSII? Cyanogen doesn't at present, due to the samsung proprietary drivers.

Cheers