• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[6 Nov] GTalk w/Video

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

GTalk with Video is now available for XWKJ2 ROM ONLY.

I have not tried this on other ROMS.

Additionally, I cannot test whether this is working or not as I have no contacts to test it with.

Therefore, I need some testers to test this and make sure it works properly.

Note: You will have to re-log into your Google account as the GoogleFrameworkServices.apk gets replaced.

There are 2 files attached:

1 - GTalk-Video_CWM.zip which installs the GTalk with Video. Use CWM to install this.

2 - GTalk-uninstall-CWM.zip which uninstalls GTalk with Video. Use CWM to install this.

THIS IS ONLY FOR XWKJ2 ROM.

GTalk w/Video: GTalk-Video-CWM.zip

GTalk Uninstall: GTalk-uninstall-CWM.zip

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Posted

Hi Gary!

Finally I could do a proper test with the Gtalk AV (been off battery all day long). Here are my test results:

1. If I call someone, it all works fine

2. If someone calls me, I don't even get the incoming call message, and the call gets cancelled, in the starting conversation window (the other user) you can see "Cibeles (me) cancelled call" after 2-3 secs, not even a chance to do anything else.

Hope this help

Posted

Hi Gary!

Finally I could do a proper test with the Gtalk AV (been off battery all day long). Here are my test results:

1. If I call someone, it all works fine

2. If someone calls me, I don't even get the incoming call message, and the call gets cancelled, in the starting conversation window (the other user) you can see "Cibeles (me) cancelled call" after 2-3 secs, not even a chance to do anything else.

Hope this help

Since I know very little about this app and am unable to test it, I have been doing some reading.

Q: Did you do the following? I just had to activate "accept audio and video" in menu.

Posted

Hi Gary,

Yes, that is marked and whenever I'm called, video gets cancelled in 2-3 secs in the caller screen, I don't even get to see the notification, however, if I start the call, it all works fine.

Thanks for all your work!!

Amaya

Posted

Hi Gary,

Yes, that is marked and whenever I'm called, video gets cancelled in 2-3 secs in the caller screen, I don't even get to see the notification, however, if I start the call, it all works fine.

Thanks for all your work!!

Amaya

Try this version and see if it works better. I have it installed on my phone.

SGS_Talk2_AV_1_33.zip

Posted

Hi Gary,

ok, shall I run first your uninstall and then install tihs one, right?

Best,

Amaya

Posted (edited)

Hi Gary,

ok, shall I run first your uninstall and then install tihs one, right?

Best,

Amaya

Just install the .zip file - no need to uninstall anything.

Use CWM to install.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Posted

Good evening, Gary,

same issue.

I'm trying to call me from gtalk on an iMac to my android and viceversa, the first one does not work, the second works fine.

I'm trying to get a friend to call me from his android to see if we still have the same issue.

Best,

Amaya

Posted

Hi Gary,

last update on this software:

1. As said before, if I start the conversation, it all works fine

2. If someone calls me and I'm in home screen or the gmail contacts screen, I don't even get the incoming call notification, nothing, no way I know someone is trying to call me.

3. (this is the new one) If someone calls me and I'm in the chat room with that someone, then I get the notification and I can accept / decline the call and it all works.

A friend of mine who is using also your KJ3 ROM + first Gtalk file you've posted (same config than me) is having the exact same issue.

This is making the software pretty unusable as I can not receive calls unless I'm waiting for that person to call me.

Thanks again for all your time and help, this is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Amaya

Posted

Hi Gay!

Any updates on gtalk video issues? Still having the same problem with incoming calls...

Thanks again for your amazing work!

Amaya