ICS lookalike ROM

Guest Krste

Guest Racerboy

Hello i have tested your rom and i give 5 stars in 5 , nice look , fast and everything i use works nice . I don´t care about battery drains ( i charge every night ) and other things i don´t use (like wifi tethering ) but i have a issue .

I have a data plan with tv and in the stock rom works fine but in every modded roms i try dont works . I explain : with this room works in 2G but the connection is too slow and in 3G crashes ; in others roms don`t work at all . The application in cause is MEO MOBILE and is my only issue .

Do you permit to put a link to your rom in a Portugal forum ?

sure thats fine, i`m glad you like this rom, please use the link in my signature if you can below or create a new link if thats better for you :)

Guest euricoalex

sure thats fine, i`m glad you like this rom, please use the link in my signature if you can below or create a new link if thats better for you :)

I have editet your rom ( only change the default lang in build.prop and remove same things in apps (CMWallpapers.apk , LiveWallpapers.apk , MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk (dont work ) , TitaniumBackup.apk ) Because system rom memory (try to fix MEO MOBILE ) . Its ok to you ?

Look here http://www.androidpt.com/forum/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=73&id=246703&Itemid=61#246703

Edited by euricoalex

Guest Racerboy

I have editet your rom ( only change the default lang in build.prop and remove same things in apps (CMWallpapers.apk , LiveWallpapers.apk , MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk (dont work ) , TitaniumBackup.apk ) Because system rom memory (try to fix MEO MOBILE ) . Its ok to you ?

Look here http://www.androidpt...temid=61#246703

thats fine, no problem :)

Guest Racerboy

About my MEO MOBILE apk the problem must be in 3G connection (too slow ) or kernel (pretty same as others cyanogem moddeds roms i have try )

have you tried other kernals that are available, i have no problems with 3g/HSDPA i get a very good connection where i live :)

Guest SoftStoner

Look here http://www.androidpt...temid=61#246703

This would be fantastic! I'm definitely looking forward to a minimalistic firmware (and I keep forgetting to tell Racerboy that the Magic Smoke wallpaper doesn't work, besides having no use for Titanum Backup and all those wallpapers). Also, if possible, please keep MEO Mobile as a separate app (for the ones like me that cringe just thinking about the TMN shovelware). ;)

Guest Racerboy

This would be fantastic! I'm definitely looking forward to a minimalistic firmware (and I keep forgetting to tell Racerboy that the Magic Smoke wallpaper doesn't work, besides having no use for Titanum Backup and all those wallpapers). Also, if possible, please keep MEO Mobile as a separate app (for the ones like me that cringe just thinking about the TMN shovelware). ;)

i am aware that the smoke-live-wallpaper does not work and am finding a solution for that, as for the titanium backup it was requested to be included as ALOT of people do use it (i dont personally) can easily be removed with root uninstaller for user preference :)

Guest Racerboy

ok heres the ICS-MODv3 with intergrated ICS ringlock,

post-910581-0-40949300-1320928021_thumb. post-910581-0-16285400-1320928047_thumb.

post-910581-0-73041600-1320928325_thumb. post-910581-0-91004400-1320928807_thumb.

you have a choice: only difference between the roms is the kernal

vamshi`s kernal version download HERE and deadlinks kernal version download HERE

Fixed Wifi and Root Permissions.............................

A complete full wipe of phone is VITAL for it to work so make a backup of your ROM before installing this :)

installing the ROM will take a minute or 2, please be patient !!!!!!!

to change the theme of the rom to ICS to get the full look, goto app menu and select "Theme Manager" choose "Ice Cream Sandwich" and "Apply Anyway" reboot, done......

NOTE: if your using deadlinks kernal version remember NOT to have USB connected on rebooting phone, also there is no haptic feedback with this version (soft keys)

NO MORE ICS-MOD-ROMS AFTER THIS UNTIL PROPER ROMS FOR RACER ARE CREATED FROM ICS SOURCE CODE

Edited by Racerboy

post-910581-0-40949300-1320928021_thumb. post-910581-0-16285400-1320928047_thumb.

post-910581-0-73041600-1320928325_thumb. post-910581-0-91004400-1320928807_thumb.

with Vamshistunners Kernal HERE or with deadlinks zoom hack kernal HERE

A complete full wipe of phone is VITAL for it to work so make a backup of your ROM before installing this :)

to change the theme of the rom to ICS to get the full look, goto app menu and select "Theme Manager" choose "Ice Cream Sandwich" and "Apply Anyway" reboot, done......

NOTE: if your using deadlinks kernal version remember NOT to have USB connected on rebooting phone, also there is no haptic feedback with this version (soft keys)

NO MORE ICS-MOD-ROMS AFTER THIS UNTIL PROPER ROMS FOR RACER ARE CREATED FROM ICS SOURCE CODE

Wifi not working on vamshistunners kernel version. Please fix :)

Guest Rahulj85

with Vamshistunners Kernal HERE or with deadlinks zoom hack kernal HERE

thanks dude..now take a break and connect with the 3 dimensional people...:-)

Guest Racerboy

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it... /proc/swaps is empty. :(

how do you enable swap? i do it through terminal emulator or through cmd: adb shell

- su

- dd if=/dev/zero of=/sdcard/swap.swp bs=1024 count=102400

- mkswap /sdcard/swap.swp

- swapon /sdcard/swap.swp

EDIT: just tried myself through adb shell and apperently "not found" even though the swapon file is present.........i found the reason again there is no SU rights/root permissions, so i`ll withdraw the download for now and fix it

Edited by Racerboy

Guest SoftStoner

how do you enable swap? i do it through terminal emulator or through cmd: adb shell

- su

- dd if=/dev/zero of=/sdcard/swap.swp bs=1024 count=102400

- mkswap /sdcard/swap.swp

- swapon /sdcard/swap.swp

You didn't say I had to explicitely create the swap file, or else I'd have done it already. ;) Will I have to swapon /sdcard/swap.swp every time I want to enable swap, after each reboot? If so, what does the swap addon package do, anyway? :D

Guest Racerboy

You didn't say I had to explicitely create the swap file, or else I'd have done it already. ;) Will I have to swapon /sdcard/swap.swp every time I want to enable swap, after each reboot? If so, what does the swap addon package do, anyway? :D

once file is created and the last command issued it is ON until you issue the command SWAPOFF, doesnt matter how many times you reboot

Guest SoftStoner
once file is created and the last command issued it is ON until you issue the command SWAPOFF, doesnt matter how many times you reboot

I'm sorry, but it doesn't work for me. After reboot, no swaps are mounted. :(

Edit: I read the update on your post, I'll try again when you release the corrected version. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Edited by SoftStoner

Guest Racerboy

the swap addon should work as update.zip but with no permissions to allow it to work thats the problem, soooo i`ll fix rom and re-upload it in a bit :)

EDIT: also due to the fact the rom was not rooted/no permissions the hack for wifi connected would not work either............it is corrected now and will upload shortly

Edited by Racerboy