Bargain Watch: Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Bluetooth Watch (Music Edition) - £49.99

Guest PaulOBrien

Welcome to what is becoming something of a regular feature, Bargain Watch!

Except this time, it is ACTUALLY a watch! :D

Twitter follower @michaeljjava has kindly alerted me to the Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Bluetooth Watch Music Edition (phew!) on sale at MobileFun for only £49.99! Now, i've been on the lookout for one of these for a while, not to use with any dodgy Sony Ericsson software (the stock experience kinda sucked!), but to use with OpenWatch, the third party Android software that supports the MBW-150.

These babies are going to sell out super quick (especially now!)... so if you want one, best get in fast!

Edit: Orange Accessories also have the following models available:

Edit 2: In the US? Expansys.com have the watch available for $59.99!

3f790dd967bd5edd3b86a618215f0087.png

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

For music it does track skip, volume, pause etc., but my real interest is integrating it with tasker to send custom messages to the watch and initiate custom actions from the watch. :D

P

From what I've heard, the issue with these is that the non-repairable display is likely to be dead within 12 months. Shame, as I've ordered one :(

Tempted to return it before opening...

Guest kaizoku_san

got the music edition, and is currently working fine with motorola atrix :) which isnt mine :(

will be seeing if it will work just as well on my san fran....

only read about the screen issue after receiving it, but i'm not too bothered. so long as it works for a year i'm good :):)

Just picked mine up. Haven't opened the box yet. To keep or not to keep.

Are there any reasonable alternatives with long lasting displays? I love the idea of these watches. OpenWatch doesn't say what the issues are with the LM series (if there are any) as far as I can see, although they're not as good looking as the MBW watches anyway.

• 1 month later...
Guest kaizoku_san

i still have mine.

it was connected to my san fran, but as i've got the nexus now, i'm waiting to root and see if it works with nexus ;)

its a nice enough watch, even without using the bluetooth functions :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.