after Dell Streak 5 is Galaxy Note is Bendable Phone

Guest austreaker

Guest austreaker

Hi all,

this is just an imaginary future phone offering.

I am always seeking the biggest screen possible that is pocketable. hence,

1-Dell Streak 5

After Dell Streak 5

2, Galaxy Note

-Addresses high res screen and increase it by .3" and the size remain the same ie pocketable

-Dual core

-8 mp camera

Have just ordered mine from HandTec in UK

3-future phone that is pocketable probably has to be bendable to fit in the pocket and can then surpass the 6" screen, quad core, multi OS support such as windows 8 etc etc

-touch, pen driven

-lte or 4g

We do live in exciting time

Guest Stephen Hyde

The whole pen driven interface seems backwards to me. Why use tech from years ago on a new device. And since its samsung itll break, feel like a cheap toy and be unsupported within 3 months

Guest alert_bri

The whole pen driven interface seems backwards to me. Why use tech from years ago on a new device. And since its samsung itll break, feel like a cheap toy and be unsupported within 3 months

Well, if the pen can be tucked away and just used when I want to write or draw stuff... I see it as an advantage.

As for quality and support - I'll take your word for it, but the Note is the only game in town at the moment for those of us who *must* have a phone with >5" display.

I'll stick with the Streak for now (thanks to you Stephen) - but will try one of these before Christmas and make a decision.

Cheers

Brian

Guest Azurren

I seriously doubt I would ever need to use the pen function.. Although that said I can think of 2 times this year I could have used it, also good when you have to jot something down when on the phone

Because who has pen/paper these days :P

Touch typing while talking and listening is kinda awkward

Guest austreaker

Likewise you don't need to use the pen.

The Note is schedule to have ICS update from Samsung which is better than Dell Streak 5 when it was released and we all know of the drama.

As for the build quality? unsure but I have use a friend Galaxy s 2 and it seem fine. In fact this is my first samsung phone so I will not judge it as yet.

You gotta give samsung credit for entering this 5+" screen resolution and powerful hardware spec.

As I am for advancement in technology, I don't trash any companies, I am more of a neutral tech nerd and will support any companies that advance my gadget need and so far the Galaxy Note IMO is a worthy successor.

Coming from Steve himself, I am kinda dissappointed. I am neither supporting Samsung or defending it, it is just that they are the first to 'Upgrade' my beloved Dell Streak 5.

We should not be talking about companies but the actual products itself.

Will keep you all updated when the Galaxy Note arrive in a couple of days now.

Guest iT iS Me

- High res screen and increase it by .3" and the size remain the same ie pocketable

- Dual core

- 8 mp camera

- Touch, Pen driven

- LTE or 4g

Without any doubt because of above reasons, Note will be my next device.

Guest Stephen Hyde

Ive had issues with samsung phones in past.. I had the orignal galaxy and samsung entirely drop ped support for it within months of its release and I dont think they ever released its kernel source either.. That put me off samsung devices entirely and as ive said the only samsung device id have now is the galaxy nexus as I dont trust samsung enough now

Guest sharptv

can't agree more, i find ALL samsung phones feel cheap, except for the Armani designer edition.

Guest alex3305

Unsupported? I don't want no freaking support from Samsung when we still have DJ_Steve! :D

Guest austreaker

OK, received it yesterday and have been playing as much as possible

My feedback is WOW, if you love the Streak, you would fall in love again twice. It is just that brilliant.

One thing to note, the build qualilty is different to the material use. IE the build quality is top notch, however the back plate is plastic and I can understand why as it keeps the weight down. I have no problem as everything clicks in place.

The screen is brilliant, bright and with high res, easy on the eye.

It is very light compare to the Streak

I am basically concurring with everything that jonnybruce mentioned above.

It is fast, very fast and the web browsing is perfect.

OK, my final thought is that it doesn't matter how much you love the Streak, the Streak life is OVER. You cannot go back to the Streak once you use the Galaxy Note.

my new id now is AUSNOTE :)

Tbh in Icecream it will be support for pen what i read last time, its like replaceing mouse pointer (better than use fingers on something what is small without zooming to max). But we will see in few months whats going to happen.