How do I change the very first boot image

Guest downloader50

Guest downloader50

I have flashed from gen 1 to gen 2 using Wbaws 160mb partition using this tpt then installed Cyanogen 7.1 stable I wanted to get a 160mb system partition

Custom rom version (should work well with most custom roms, more room for your apps & data)

Download: Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v9-custom.zip mirror mirror mirror

File size: 16.72 MB

MD5: a178bdbf53c92beea182d26c570a1ef9

SHA1: f45b7d97f4611230c5be9550b36f95a4c82e20c2

Partitions: 2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data, 0.1mb oem

Only problem is I dont like the very first boot animation it is now a massive green android that fills the screen I am not talking about the scate boarding cyanogen boot image it is the one that comes on the second you strat up

Do any of you know how to revert back to the standard image?

Edited by downloader50

Guest Chris Banks

I have flashed from gen 1 to gen 2 using Wbaws 160mb partition using this tpt then installed Cyanogen 7.1 stable I wanted to get a 160mb system partition

Custom rom version (should work well with most custom roms, more room for your apps & data)

Download: Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v9-custom.zip mirror mirror mirror

File size: 16.72 MB

MD5: a178bdbf53c92beea182d26c570a1ef9

SHA1: f45b7d97f4611230c5be9550b36f95a4c82e20c2

Partitions: 2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data, 0.1mb oem

Only problem is I dont like the very first boot animation it is now a massive green android that fills the screen I am not talking about the scate boarding cyanogen boot image it is the one that comes on the second you strat up

Do any of you know how to revert back to the standard image?

Look in the ZTE blade theme section, many flashable splash screens are available.

EG:

http://android.modaco.com/topic/343123-flashable-splash-screens/

http://android.modaco.com/topic/339587-bootanimation-splash-logo/

And a guide: http://android.modaco.com/topic/334451-guide-how-to-change-your-bootanimation-and-splash-image/

Guest unrandomsam

easier than that is just using

fastboot flash splash splash.img

(You don't have to worry about the padding part that you do with TPT - not sure about flash_image - but fastboot is certainly the easiest way).

Guest Chris Banks

easier than that is just using

fastboot flash splash splash.img

(You don't have to worry about the padding part that you do with TPT - not sure about flash_image - but fastboot is certainly the easiest way).

Got to disagree here.

I think the easiest option is to just flash a .zip using clockwork.

The original splash can be found here, and custom ones in the links provided before.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Got to disagree here.

The original splash can be found here, and custom ones in the links provided before.

+1 CWM flashing is much much easier and works flawlessly ..

Guest The Inbetweener

Got to disagree here.

Hi Chris,

I have attempted to do the same using the ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.0 with no success. Running Swedish Spring RLS5 on a Gen1 converted to Gen 2 ZTE Blade. Any idea why the original splash zip wouldn't work? I get an "Installation aborted" message from Clockwork. Even tried renaming the file and taking the "img" out of the name incase that made any difference.

Any point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Guest unrandomsam

Hi Chris,

I have attempted to do the same using the ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.0 with no success. Running Swedish Spring RLS5 on a Gen1 converted to Gen 2 ZTE Blade. Any idea why the original splash zip wouldn't work? I get an "Installation aborted" message from Clockwork. Even tried renaming the file and taking the "img" out of the name incase that made any difference.

use fastboot if that doesn't work post again. (This is the reason I think its preferable to use fastboot - it never fails).

Guest Chris Banks

Hi Chris,

Maybe the original I linked to you uses the older script for CWM.You could try on of these ones, I think CB_Splash4.zip looks pretty stock like...If not use fastboot as suggested by others...

use fastboot if that doesn't work post again. (This is the reason I think its preferable to use fastboot - it never fails).

looks like I owe you an apology ;)

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest The Inbetweener

Thanks guys, I settled for a CW installation of CB_Splash5.zip as I got a Nexus style cover for the phone yesterday, so it all matches now.

Unfortunately, being a newbie, I don't have my PC set up for fastboot, hence why I went for the CW option.

Nice work on the development Chris and the heads up. smile.gif