How to unlock your OMC/SKATE

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Guest netdudeuk

2. Download system.img (which is the 2.3.5 stock rom of retail Skate, provided by reo2xor )

I assume that this means that you could end up with a 100% stock ZTE Skate phone without any Orange or other junk ?

Guest stoian_zs

Hi!

Thank you very much for this job!!!

I have one question about it:

In section 5 of the instruction writes:

"5. You are supposed to have ZTE driver properly installed in windows beforehand. Run download.exe, you should find the port number where your phone is connected displayed correctly in the software interface. Just click start and wait the flash process to be completed."

Where I find ZTE driver? I never instaled that driver in my computer.

Guest ninjagordy

all i need to do now is work out how to flash the bootloader back to stock....hmmmm

do i install the stock rom first and then remove the cm7 bootloader??

Still waiting for the idiot proof guide for this lol.If not i'll have a go tomorrow does this work with the bog standard orange monte or does it need anything first.

I need a complete idiots guide to unlcoking my phone, step by step.

Can someone do a quick guide please, I don't think Tilal will do his guide today and I can't wait longer, i'm not bothered about the unlock thing, its more about flashing Bluemonte V1.8D onto my phone :) because if i'm going to unlock that mean I will want to upgrade from Bluemonte 1.5.

Guest wrtease

wel their is a small problem with wifi .i have now got it working .im on atomic blue 2.3.5 and had to edit the two files .other wise its very simple to do.the unlock.

Guest ninjagordy

sweet. so i need toreflash stock rom , and stock bootloader. then follow the instructions listed....job done....

ill do it tonight.... happy days...and ill buy this man a beer as well!! ;-)

And btw my names Indian not Latin ;)

cool, very original name smile.gif

just the video recording to go now.... i'm making this my main priority when i start work on the device again

(i have a couple of thing's to try that could resolve it)

Edited by tillaz

Guest dadashi

xyaoyaoswim who's fixed the unlock method said wait before you hurry into the unlock routine...

....judging from the posts concerning some missing files and wifi mac adresses dissapearing I would wait a couple of days untill things are ironed out...

things are moving really fast, be patient for a couple of days...we've waited for three months for this, a couple of days won't make a difference

Just to reiterate guys I'm going to put up a comprehensive guide to unlcoking with everything included.

Tilal, for us newbies, please include details of which ROM needs to be in place before starting this unlock procedure. I'm not clear whether it has to be done from the stock Orange Monte Carlo ROM (2.3.4) or if will work if other ROMs such as Blue Monte (2.3.4), Blue atomic (2.3.5) or Cyanomod (2.3.7?) are already on the phone.

And does the flashing process remove the Clockworkmod software or the rooting (superboot?) of the device?

Guest Simon O

Wait for the issue with WiFi to be fixed at the flashing/unlock stage. Editing text files is a quick work-around that you would need to do every time you flash a custom ROM. Hopefully the clever folk will figure out exactly why the WiFi MAC address is being screwed up and fix it.

xyaoyaoswim who's fixed the unlock method said wait before you hurry into the unlock routine...

....judging from the posts concerning some missing files and wifi mac adresses dissapearing I would wait a couple of days untill things are ironed out...

things are moving really fast, be patient for a couple of days...we've waited for three months for this, a couple of days won't make a difference

Good advice.

Can someone do a quick guide please, I don't think Tilal will do his guide today and I can't wait longer, i'm not bothered about the unlock thing, its more about flashing Bluemonte V1.8D onto my phone :) because if i'm going to unlock that mean I will want to upgrade from Bluemonte 1.5.

download this stock 2.3.5 rom> http://files.podtwo....date_signed.zip

flash the rom via clockworkmod

download this file http://www.megaupload.com/?d=00MQADUR > save it to your desktop, then right click on it from desktop and click > extract here (using winrar)

download this system.img >> http://www.4shared.c...zUr/system.html

open the zte flash tools you extracted & drag & drop the system.img into the folder named files

Boot your phone into FTM mode by doing the following >> remove the battery, and then hold the volume down key and connect the USB cable,whilst still holding volum down key, Do not release the volume down key until you see "FTM" on the screen of your mobile.

now go to into the zte flash tools and double click download.exe if you have no error pop ups, press start & be paitent it could take 5 to 10 mimiuts.

when it pops up saying finnished click ok

remove your cable & add battery & sim card & reboot

now you are unlocked flash clockworkmod the usual way from the pinned guide,

then you can use any rom you like just flash it like normal

Edited by tillaz

Guest glossywhite

Wait for the issue with WiFi to be fixed at the flashing/unlock stage. Editing text files is a quick work-around that you would need to do every time you flash a custom ROM. Hopefully the clever folk will figure out exactly why the WiFi MAC address is being screwed up and fix it.

They'll sort it :)

Guest Petesky

I will definitely write the tutorial today and I also have an idea to fully fix the wifi issue.

I'm going to wait for this , as good as Popxo's guide is its still just a little vague for for me

Guest john.smith

Just a few quick words to confirm this amazingly easy unlock method does work with my OMC and it DOES write off my MAC address.

I now have a clean ZTE Skate instead of OMC.

(Yes, we will make the printed overlay as we did for Blade here: http://www.sofiz.co.uk/store/product.aspx?pid=39&model=12)

HOWEVER, I am stuck in rooting the machine because it's now 2.3.5 and the original file does not work.

Too bad that Johnny Hung uploaded the 2.3.5 root file to Megaupload where they restrict access from Asian countries, so it's greatly appreciated if anyone can place the file to elsewhere as a mirror.

One last thing, our own SOFIZ TPU case is now ready for sale, please take a look at our website. :)

Guest glossywhite

How is everyone getting FTM back ?

I cant find stock recovery

http://wwwen.zte.com...data/mobile/UK/

http://wwwen.zte.com...88240734380.zip <---- firmware

1/ Create an empty folder and name it "image", in the root of your microSD card

2/ Extract the ZIP that you downloaded above, and place the "image.bin" into the folder named "image", from step 1

3/ Power down, then hold MENU (middle button under screen [has 3 lines on it] + VOL UP + POWER)

Your OMC will restore itself back to factory fresh, and then reboot itself. You should see a totally black screen, with a green progress bar at the top, with some small text. That is how you TPT, or "Total Phone Transfer" your OMC.

:)

Edited by glossywhite