How to unlock your OMC/SKATE

Guest xiaoyaoswim

My wifi is not working, have I done anything wrong? I did skip failed to find recordaCSV.sdi, was that the problem? Also what is gen1 and gen2? Thanks in advance if anyone can clarify these?

Guest TouchyAndalou

Hi guys, just logged on and can't believe the news!

I'm preparing to give this a go, but can somebody please tell me how I return to stock recovery partition? I'm not very experienced at all with this.

I remember there was a link to the stock Skate rom that removed CWM once you flashed it, but I did a quick search and the link to that rom is now dead.

Thanks!

Edited by TouchyAndalou

naive did you see the picture

Yes lol...I was refering to other people such as Tillaz :) ...I can't wait to unlock so I can move to Giffgaff as it seems soooo cheap and that also gives me an excuse to upgrade from Bluemonte 1.5 as I didn't want to do it because I was happy with it, I can't unlock at the moment because there is too many files and I have no idea what to use etc and the steps to take.

Edited by Navie

Guest jaytius

I've flashed the standard recovery back again, I used the "Build number: GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01 " from here. I stuck the system.img from the same link into the "FTM flash tools\files" folder. I put my phone into FTM mode (I can see the text in a white box in the middle of the screen) started up download.exe but got the same message as tillaz, which says: Fail to find 'RecordCSV.sdi',please select setup folder.

I think I've got all the drivers installed, windows detected what was plugged it an successfully grabbed the ones it needed, and didn't report any errors finding any. Clicking on OK pops open a 'Open' box asking to locate the RecordCSV.sdi file, but I don't have one in any of the folders I've got. Does anyone have any idea of how to get a hold of this file for the GB Monte Carlo?

Guest TouchyAndalou

I've flashed the standard recovery back again, I used the "Build number: GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01 " from here. I stuck the system.img from the same link into the "FTM flash tools\files" folder. I put my phone into FTM mode (I can see the text in a white box in the middle of the screen) started up download.exe but got the same message as tillaz, which says: Fail to find 'RecordCSV.sdi',please select setup folder.

I think I've got all the drivers installed, windows detected what was plugged it an successfully grabbed the ones it needed, and didn't report any errors finding any. Clicking on OK pops open a 'Open' box asking to locate the RecordCSV.sdi file, but I don't have one in any of the folders I've got. Does anyone have any idea of how to get a hold of this file for the GB Monte Carlo?

Are you using Vista? When first installing superboot, many of us on Vista systems had all sorts of driver related problems.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

wrtease, Congratulations! If I'm not wrong, You are brave enough to be the first one to unlock OMC following my method.laugh.gif

Congratulations to other people who did it too!

I'm so glad that I can help you guys here and also make you guys excitedbiggrin.gif . I will edit my original post trying to explain every unlocking step clearly. I noticed that tilal6991 is willing to make a tutorial, surely you can do better than me.

Many thanks to everyone who is happy to offer a donation. I am going to set up a paypal donation, hopefully I can get a brand new OMC very soon LOL

wrtease, Congratulations! If I'm not wrong, You are brave enough to be the first one to unlock OMC following my method.laugh.gif

I'm so glad that I can help you guys here and also make you guys excitedbiggrin.gif . I will edit my original post trying to explain every unlocking step clearly. I noticed that tilal6991 is willing to make a tutorial, surely you can do better than me.

Many thanks to everyone who is happy to offer a donation. I am going to set up a paypal donation, hopefully I can get a brand new OMC very soon LOL

any idea wot this error is >>> fail to find 'RecordCSV.sdi',please select setup folder

Edited by tillaz

Some lights on this missing RecordCSV.sdi would be great. :/

As for what I said earlier I withdraw it and let me tell you "Thank you very much, awesome job!".

Get your paypal account ready and I'll gladly buy you a beer.

Guest jaytius

Are you using Vista? When first installing superboot, many of us on Vista systems had all sorts of driver related problems.

I'm using Win 7 x64, and like I said I'm pretty sure I've got all the necessary drivers.

I've taken an image of the message, I noticed it says Sales_DL_P729V_Sweden as the title, is it possible the Sweden thing is relevant here?

post-603865-0-11510300-1320970616_thumb.

I can OK this box and it opens another 'open file' box for me to find the requested file, which I can close and then it opens the regular program and sees the OMC attached and on the right Port number (which supports my thinking of me having the correct drivers working), and it will let me click on Start, but I don't want to risk it till I find out that it's safe (and with proof :P).

Edited by jaytius

Guest kevwales

When you unlock using this method, are you able to change roms as you wish without locking the phone again?

YES :)

But...there maybe problem with wi-fi :mellow: Get no connection, it lists all my networks and tries to connect.

cm7 and orange stock.

As for this missing RecordCSV.sdi it has nothing to do with drivers.

When it prompts for this missing file, open your Start menu and search for "recordcsv", you'll find a shortcut to it but it has already been deleted.

The problem lays on this .exe permissions or in our own account permissions of writing...

This file should be created next to the .exe but somehow it isn't being done... :/

I've enabled admin account "net user administrator /active:yes", logged in and same problem...

Edited by D3abL3

just been reading this from other forums

that file should get created by Sales_Multi when its being executed.. Are you using Vista/Windows7 ?? if so ensure you are running Sales_multi as Admin... right click and choose 'Run as Administrator'..

As for this missing RecordCSV.sdi it has nothing to do with drivers.

When it prompts for this missing file, open your Start menu and search for "recordcsv", you'll find a shortcut to it but it has already been deleted.

The problem lays on this .exe permissions or in our own account permissions of writing...

This file should be created next to the .exe but somehow it isn't being done... :/

I've enabled admin account "net user administrator /active:yes", logged in and same problem...

i noticed this file got created >> WCDMA_DL_Setting.cfg

Guest xiaoyaoswim

any idea wot this error is >>> fail to find 'RecordCSV.sdi',please select setup folder

Asto RecordCSV.sdi, I don't think it's relevant to the flash processsince the tool is working fine without it for me under a virtual WinXP. Maybe vista orwin7 will need these files, if that is the case please go to the original post http://android.modaco.com/topic/339048-guide-flashing-firmware-to-bladelibra-via-windows/and download the “custom Gen2 v9” package, make sure you only extract RecordCSV.sdi. DO NOT use the files in “files”fold, that is for blade ,not our OMC.

Some lights on this missing RecordCSV.sdi would be great. :/

As for what I said earlier I withdraw it and let me tell you "Thank you very much, awesome job!".

Get your paypal account ready and I'll gladly buy you a beer.

Cheers mate!

i noticed this file got created >> WCDMA_DL_Setting.cfg

Indeed, true. But the other didn't :/

EDIT

Now we gotta work on a fix for wi-fi :P

Edited by D3abL3

I will be using Windows 7 (64-bit) to unlock along with flashing Bluemonte V1.8D so all info is good and helpful for when I unlock and WIFI is extremely important as we have a router here at home.