Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

Guest sainteedean

Im sure im probably the only one, but has anyone else been in the situation where all the steps have been completed and the phone HASN'T unlocked?? Im totally confused as to why this is, because the flasher seems to think that it completed the job successfully! anyone out there with suggestions or that can help please?

Edited by sainteedean

Guest dibbles

@To all peoples has the "lack of USB power" problem.

Once you get to enter FTM mode, just put battery to the phone. It will fix all issues.

That is why I have written that myself as well as pointing out to people, new to this unlocking procedure, to read the entire thread in detail as there are a few issues that seem to occur and their solutions are well documented. The two points that I initially had difficulty with was to get the correct port identified and the need to replace my battery.

I do feel though that the replacing of the battery, when trying to use the backup tool, should be added to the first post.

Guest skYmarine

Hello guys.

I have a simple question.

How long does it usually take to finish step: Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.

I run the install-recovery-windows.bat, my OMC turnes off the it tries to reboot but seems like unsuccesfully, because it stops to react on anything (though the green android picture appeares on the screen).

What do you think about it?

(I am not native english speaker so i can make mistakes).

thx.

Guest jetman74

Hi people, Im a nooooooob. Ha.

I tried to follow the tutorial and got as far as the first hurdle! I connect the phone, yep its in debug mode and I get teh follwoing message.

c:\users\myname\desktop\preparation>adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader

error: device not found

c:\users\myname\desktop\preparation>fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery.img

<waiting for device>

Whats up? Am I doing something stupid?

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Im sure im probably the only one, but has anyone else been in the situation where all the steps have been completed and the phone HASN'T unlocked?? Im totally confused as to why this is, because the flasher seems to think that it completed the job successfully! anyone out there with suggestions or that can help please?

Are you sure it is still locked? Which SIMs have you tried? Does it ask for unlock code when you switch on your phone?

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Sorry for being petulant, but are these drivers needed for Windows 7? My PC is able to see the phone in USB mdoe. I don't like to install unnecessary drivers in a bid to keep my machine running smoothly.

The phone is still stock (only just got it)... does this process install a custom ROM, or simply leaves you with your existing ROM?

You must install ZTE drivers to run the unlock tool.

Hello guys.

I have a simple question.

How long does it usually take to finish step: Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.

I run the install-recovery-windows.bat, my OMC turnes off the it tries to reboot but seems like unsuccesfully, because it stops to react on anything (though the green android picture appeares on the screen).

What do you think about it?

(I am not native english speaker so i can make mistakes).

thx.

Hi people, Im a nooooooob. Ha.

I tried to follow the tutorial and got as far as the first hurdle! I connect the phone, yep its in debug mode and I get teh follwoing message.

c:\users\myname\desktop\preparation>adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader

error: device not found

c:\users\myname\desktop\preparation>fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery.img

<waiting for device>

Whats up? Am I doing something stupid?

If you still have got the stock recovery with your phone, you can just skip the install-recovery-windows.bat step. However if you do need to do that, it's the drivers problem that causes the stay in green android LOGO and 'waiting for device' message. You can find detailed info here:

Guest skYmarine

If you still have got the stock recovery with your phone, you can just skip the install-recovery-windows.bat step. However if you do need to do that, it's the drivers problem that causes the stay in green android LOGO and 'waiting for device' message. You can find detailed info here:

well actually i figured out that the step, which i considered to be unsuccessfull was okay and finished the unlocking process.

many thanks to everybody.

one more offtopic question

how can i remove all that ORANGE soft from my OMC?

how do i generally remove soft from android? i am a newfag)

Do i have to install clockwerk mod?

So if you have a brand new phone out the box, after the connecting the phone to the computer stage (with USB debugging turned on), you then go straight to removing the battery and disconnecting the USB cable, then reconnect the phone to the computer and press the volume down button until “FTM” comes up?

Guest graeme1011

I am gutted, please could someone help. I have never done anything like this before but thanks to all of you.

Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" file

If your phone is not found then go to "QPST Configuration" in the start menu and add a port for your phone

When I try to add a port, I get this message:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/e0d9f2161843588

Guest dibbles

@Graeme - have a look in device manager when you have plugged the phone into your USB port assuming that have installed the drivers prior to doing this. Then note the port number which has been assigned to the phone within that device manager. You will see it there.

Then look to add that same port to the config of that utility. Don't try and add any port or the one port that the utility is expecting the phone to be set at but the one that you see within device manager as being assigned to the phone.

If that is not the problem then remove the phone and close the utility, fully. Then ensure the drivers are correctly installed and then open device manager. Then plug in the phone, with USB debugging on, and then note the change in the "tree". Post back with a screen shot showing the port that Windows has assigned to the phone.

Edited by dibbles

Guest xiaoyaoswim

So if you have a brand new phone out the box, after the connecting the phone to the computer stage (with USB debugging turned on), you then go straight to removing the battery and disconnecting the USB cable, then reconnect the phone to the computer and press the volume down button until “FTM” comes up?

Yes. Just turn on usb debugging and you don't need to connect it to the computer for the first time.

Guest graeme1011

@Graeme - have a look in device manager when you have plugged the phone into your USB port assuming that have installed the drivers prior to doing this. Then note the port number which has been assigned to the phone within that device manager. You will see it there.

Then look to add that same port to the config of that utility. Don't try and add any port or the one port that the utility is expecting the phone to be set at but the one that you see within device manager as being assigned to the phone.

If that is not the problem then remove the phone and close the utility, fully. Then ensure the drivers are correctly installed and then open device manager. Then plug in the phone, with USB debugging on, and then note the change in the "tree". Post back with a screen shot showing the port that Windows has assigned to the phone.

Thank you for your reply. Before I read this, I reinstalled QPST and now it is recognising the port and I can add it. But when I go back to Software Download, it says no phone connected.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/f583ae161875011

http://www.imagebam.com/image/599642161875041

Guest graeme1011

Ignore my last message, I have fixed that.

• Go into the Unlock folder of the extracted zip file and run “download.exe”
  • If you are sure you want to unlock press “START”!

I cant select start as its greyed out. What does this mean?

Guest dibbles

For me...

1322609452.jpg

...was greyed out UNTIL I made sure that I completely closed the QPST utility. You could, if you wanted to reboot your PC and ensure that you then connect the phone when in the correct mode and do not launch the backup utility but use the download.exe.

Or you could ensure that the QPST is still not active within the system tray.

Edited by dibbles

Guest graeme1011

OMG, I GOT IT.

Thank you so much guys.

Problem 1 (QPST not detecting phone) solved by reinstalling it.

Problem 2 (QPST configuarator detecting phone, but software download not detecting) solved by choosing software download in configurator tab.

Problem 3 (start box greyed out) solved by reconnecting phone.

This stuff is way too advanced for me but I somehow got there in the end. Thank you guys.

I get the phone into FTM mode, the computer detects the phone as a ZTE something or other with NO yellow triangle but Software Download does NOT pick up the phone. Any tips?

Guest jetman74

Thanks for this guide.:)

I was being a bit noobish, my drivers hadnt installed properly. Re-installed them and followed the guide, it worked fine.

Thanks again.

Edited by jetman74

After realising stock recovery wasn't the same as Clockworkmod recovery..the guide went without a hitch. I now have an Orange Monte Carlo running on Three.

Thanks to everyone~!

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can help me on this as I am very stuck! So I got as far as installing stock recovery and backing up the mac address by saving the QCN file. However, when I go into FTM mode and run download.exe and hit start, it gets stuck at step 6/100 where the phone restarts several times but doesnt get further than that. OSF flasher gives up after several re-starts :(

Does anyone know how to get around this?

hi thanks for the advice, got the phone unlocked which is great - the only bad thing is I can not get on the net on 02 UK PAYG i do not think i have wiped my internet settings as I can still get online with the Orange Sim. When the O2 sim is in it has the o2 info under the APN so do not understand what i am doing wrong please advise?