Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

720 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Fixed mistakes in tutorial. Thanks for pointing them out!

Posted · Report post

installed bluemonte1.8c now after boot I get "sorry The application android keyboard(process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectedly please try again. the phone say welcome to zte skate touch the android to begin but nothing happens.sad.gif

Posted · Report post

installed bluemonte1.8c now after boot I get "sorry The application android keyboard(process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectedly please try again. the phone say welcome to zte skate touch the android to begin but nothing happens.sad.gif

you need to wipe data.

Posted · Report post

I like chinese girls.

Posted · Report post

did you do all wipes... i would recommend using 1.8.D all is working fine for me wink.gif

Posted · Report post

I have a silly question. I want to keep the current rom with all installed softwares, data, configs etc... running on my OMC. Can I do this?

1- backup the phone in CWM

2- follow the instructions to unlock the phone

3- recover CWM

4- restore the backup

Would this unlock my phone???

Posted (edited) · Report post

you need to wipe data.

huh.gif nope forgot about that doing it now and re-installing.

it doesn't say it in the tutorial, lol am a noooooooooob.

Edited by putbinoot

Posted · Report post

I have a silly question. I want to keep the current rom with all installed softwares, data, configs etc... running on my OMC. Can I do this?

1- backup the phone in CWM

2- follow the instructions to unlock the phone

3- recover CWM

4- restore the backup

Would this unlock my phone???

yes it would. That is the best way possible.

Posted · Report post

did you do all wipes... i would recommend using 1.8.D all is working fine for me wink.gif

huh.gif nope forgot will try D

Posted · Report post

I like chinese girls.

random post of the day lol laugh.gif

Posted · Report post

All seems well, I get the message about mac address when i enable wifi but it works, do you have to change the listing in nv_4329 aswell to stop that happening. You guys are amazing. Donation on way to xiaoyaoswim, i think tilal6991 should have a donation link as well for the turtorial even if it only gets the 20quid you paid to orange, come to think of it tillaz should have one as well for the roms.

P1030056.JPG

Posted · Report post

All seems well, I get the message about mac address when i enable wifi but it works, do you have to change the listing in nv_4329 aswell to stop that happening. You guys are amazing. Donation on way to xiaoyaoswim, i think tilal6991 should have a donation link as well for the turtorial even if it only gets the 20quid you paid to orange, come to think of it tillaz should have one as well for the roms.

P1030056.JPG

Don't worry. I'm saving my donation link for ics lol :)

And yes for wifi to work properly you need to do as I describe in the tutorial.

Posted · Report post

Don't worry. I'm saving my donation link for ics lol :)

And yes for wifi to work properly you need to do as I describe in the tutorial.

Yeah wifi worked when i edited NV_4319 but like tillaz i am getting the message "your phone doesn't write mac address" although it works so I edited NV_4329 to see if it made a difference but is does not seem to.

ics?

Posted · Report post

Yeah wifi worked when i edited NV_4319 but like tillaz i am getting the message "your phone doesn't write mac address" although it works so I edited NV_4329 to see if it made a difference but is does not seem to.

ics?

Ice cream sandwich - next version of Android.

Posted · Report post

Ice cream sandwich - next version of Android.

ahh ok.

Posted · Report post

With root explorer,system/etc/nv_4319.txt

Changed to my mac address,save the txt,only to find it will not stick.I tried this several times,but it returns to 11:22:33:44:55:66 ?

hm... I've successfully unlocked my Skate, but when I try to install CWM recovery in order to get rid of the orange rom the .bat says waiting for device. I've activated usb debug mode in settings but it seems it doesn't work as it says connected to usb but nothing about debug mode. I can solve this in any way? maybe installing another stock rom and then trying to enable usb debug from that one? if yes, which other stock rom could I use?

Edited by painkiller_93

Posted · Report post

With root explorer,system/etc/nv_4319.txt

Changed to my mac address,save the txt,only to find it will not stick.I tried this several times,but it returns to 11:22:33:44:55:66 ?

sett file manager to allow root in settings...then it will work...also...change both mac codes to the same as your own mac code then it works flawlessly

Posted · Report post

hm... I've successfully unlocked my Skate, but when I try to install CWM recovery in order to get rid of the orange rom the .bat says waiting for device. I've activated usb debug mode in settings but it seems it doesn't work as it says connected to usb but nothing about debug mode. I can solve this in any way? maybe installing another stock rom and then trying to enable usb debug from that one? if yes, which other stock rom could I use?

I noticed you managed to solve this issue yourself, so that should be ignored now I suppose :)

Posted · Report post

can someone who is not unlocked via this method yet use root explorer & go to /sys/devices/virtual/net/ and tell me if you have a tiwlan0 file ?

if not open lo then long hold on > address & open as text and tell me if it says 00:00:00:00:00:00

Posted · Report post

I noticed you managed to solve this issue yourself, so that should be ignored now I suppose :)

Yes, official ZTE drivers were the solution, my Skate is now with Bluemonte again, unlocked and Wi-fi working!

Posted · Report post

By the way, I can also confirm that with 2.3.5 ROM I also see the warning about not writing MAC address

Posted · Report post

Funny thing is the unlock method is exactly what I was going to suggest to glossywhite when his phone was in download mode. (In the locked thread).

(after flashing just minimum to get FTM from v880 tool)

So the unbelievable news

Its another pretty bad implimentation that this works.

Has anyone compared - before and after the nvitems (as backed up by the V880 Tool)

can someone who is not unlocked via this method yet use root explorer & go to /sys/devices/virtual/net/ and tell me if you have a tiwlan0 file ?

if not open lo then long hold on > address & open as text and tell me if it says 00:00:00:00:00:00

Not the first file, but all 00: on second file.

Edited by D3abL3

Posted · Report post

Not the first file, but all 00: on second file.

i tough you where already unlocked though?