Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

Guest manju.net

I am new to this forum, this is my first post.

Happy to say that i have successfully unlocked my OMC!! ... WOW... kudos to those guys who have done this possible...

Its time to donate!! :)

Guest putbinoot

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can help me on this as I am very stuck! So I got as far as installing stock recovery and backing up the mac address by saving the QCN file. However, when I go into FTM mode and run download.exe and hit start, it gets stuck at step 6/100 where the phone restarts several times but doesnt get further than that. OSF flasher gives up after several re-starts :(

Does anyone know how to get around this?

When in FTM put your battery back in before you do anything.

Guest LazyUnlock

Hello All,

First of all , Kudos and gr8 work and thanks to all who created this tutorial and found the unlock methods.

I bought my OMC in sept and was waiting to unlock. Now that i have this , wanted to give a try.

I download the files in the tutorial but when i run the step 4 -->

Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.

It says device not found.. could you please help me... I have set the debugging mode ON.

Thanks

Bought OMC yesterday unlocked this afternoon. It did`nt go quite as instructed had to configure a port & then the phone was not recognized some how got there in the end ????

Loaded Atomic 1.6 very happy with the results a BIG THANK You to all concerned ;)

Bye bye san fransico :(

Guest Monte_Jonte_Carlo

Unlocked using the tutorial and worked no problems, So thanks to the guy who figured it out and decided not to charge people for the knowledge. Well done!

Decided to Flash a new Rom since I wasn't able to get the portable WiFi hotspot feature working. After activating the hotspot, the 3G would turn off after 5 seconds. Other phones can see and connect but not get through to the internet. Took it to the orange shop and the guy brought out a new one and tested that to see if it would do the same thing and it worked fine. I was able to connect through it Even had a replacement phone from orange but same issue, baffled...

Flashed a new ROM, was going to stick with Atomic 1.5 but took a punt and flashed atomic v1.6 and it looks impressive. Everything I've tried or tested has worked so far including the WiFi hotspot feature, all tested working. Just hope it stays that way. I haven't tried it with the original orange SIM, but T Mobile is fine. Installed flash 10 and BBCIplayer and myplayer. Both working over 3G as well.. Don't know why it says 4G in the top bar sometimes. Didn't think we were getting 4G data round my way. Should just read 3G+ like before, no? But this is great, I saved £20 and got a decent new ROM, Now all I need for Christmas is 720p and torch by LED, :D

Hi.

One of my friends has locked his monte carlo by entering invalid unlock code 9 times... Now it won't even accept the home network sim. Do you think the unlocking method could be used to unlock his totally locked phone? Thank you in advance.

And if yes, is it safe to use his own boot.img, system.img and recovery.img to replace those original images in "files" subfolder? We have his stock rom backup and I am thinking of using the images of this one instead of those original ones.

Edited by C3C0

Guest tilal6991

Hi.

One of my friends has locked his monte carlo by entering invalid unlock code 9 times... Now it won't even accept the home network sim. Do you think the unlocking method could be used to unlock his totally locked phone? Thank you in advance.

And if yes, is it safe to use his own boot.img, system.img and recovery.img to replace those original images in "files" subfolder? We have his stock rom backup and I am thinking of using the images of this one instead of those original ones.

Yes it should be safe. But why did he try to unlock it 9 times??? No - use the original img files that come with the unlock - it's the safest way. You can always restore his backup using clockworkmod later.

Yes it should be safe. But why did he try to unlock it 9 times??? No - use the original img files that come with the unlock - it's the safest way. You can always restore his backup using clockworkmod later.

Well, he found some unlock codes on the internet and tried them all :lol: None of them worked - of course.

I was thinking about replacing the img files under "files" folder just for one reason - he is on stock and wants to stay on stock - including stock recovery. Otherwise it will be necessary to use clockworkmod in external boot mode (fastboot boot clockworkmod.img) to restore his stock. It seemed to me much easier to just replace the imgs. And since he will be doing unlock based on my instructions via Skype (he is in the other part of the country and is not able to understand this guide (poor english)) it would be fine to get rid of the post-unlock step to install his stock...

Guest tilal6991

Well, he found some unlock codes on the internet and tried them all :lol: None of them worked - of course.

I was thinking about replacing the img files under "files" folder just for one reason - he is on stock and wants to stay on stock - including stock recovery. Otherwise it will be necessary to use clockworkmod in external boot mode (fastboot boot clockworkmod.img) to restore his stock. It seemed to me much easier to just replace the imgs. And since he will be doing unlock based on my instructions via Skype (he is in the other part of the country and is not able to understand this guide (poor english)) it would be fine to get rid of the post-unlock step to install his stock...

I think you might be OK as long as you only replace system.img and boot.img - nothing else.

OK. All went well. It's now unlocked. Have used my own boot.img and system.img without any problems. Thank you very much :)

And by the way - the whole process was done remotely using Teamviewer. The other side was just plugging and unplugging the USB as I requested :lol:

Edited by C3C0

Guest graeme1011

Guys, I am returning my phone to Orange as I don't like the cheap feel.

I have unlocked it via this thread. Will they notice and reject the refund?

What should I do?

Will reset to factory setting in the menu do anything?

I am having problems with the drivers on Win7.

No matter what I do it just wont find the device.

I have tried everything possible for about 5 hours now. No joy at all so I think I am gonna have to return the phone back to Orange shop and get the Acer Liquid Metal.

Even when skipping first 4 steps I get a problem when trying to add a port. I try to add port and port label and I just get error saying this port busy or not working.

Really wanted to enjoy the monte carlo but I need it unlocked with a custom Rom and it just isnt working for me.

Shame as I like the free headphones Orange gave me.

Edited by NJPW

Guest tilal6991

I am having problems with the drivers on Win7.

No matter what I do it just wont find the device.

I have tried everything possible for about 5 hours now. No joy at all so I think I am gonna have to return the phone back to Orange shop and get the Acer Liquid Metal.

Even when skipping first 4 steps I get a problem when trying to add a port. I try to add port and port label and I just get error saying this port busy or not working.

Really wanted to enjoy the monte carlo but I need it unlocked with a custom Rom and it just isnt working for me.

Shame as I like the free headphones Orange gave me.

Just remove all the drivers that you installed before and JUST install the drivers that are on the thread.

Guest stoofer

**Fixed the below. Well, didn't fix at all, but went over to the Media PC (Vista x32, rather than my main 7 x64) and it worked a treat.**

Just picked up an OMC, and running into issues.

When running download.exe from the unlock folder, I get warnings "is a ATAPI device, we don't detect it" I can still hit START in the OSF flasher util, the ratio bar quickly gets to 4, slowly gets to 6, turns the phone off, gets to 8/100, stays there for a long time, then fails.

Following a previous tip, I put the battery in on the FTM screen, and it made no difference. Well, minor difference, without the battery in the yellow "RUNNING" went straight to "OPEN" when it gave up on 8/100 and with it in, it explicitly went "FAIL"

Any tips?

Edited by stoofer

• Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" file - can I save this anywhere and the filename is blank. Can I save it as any name?
  • If your phone is not found then go to "QPST Configuration" in the start menu and add a port for your phone - my phone was not found but managed to add a port.
  • Click Start on the utility
  • Make sure the file exists and is non-zero in file size before proceeding - if not try the previous steps again
  • Go into the Unlock folder of the extracted zip file and run “download.exe”
  • If you are sure you want to unlock press “START”! - My start button is greyed out. Any ideas why?

Thanks