• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Finally on sale at Phones4U

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I have just spotted this phone for sale at a reasonable price of £79.95 plus £10 top up. Link is here http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_payg_details.asp?ItemKey=564171

Should be unlocked seeing as it's the same price for each network.

Will pop in a shop and find out.

Posted

I came to post this...

I'll check out phones4u tomorow and see... But to be honest after all this wait... I'm not sure if I care now.... Meh

Posted

Out shopping today I Accidentally bought one...

I noticed from the other forum it's got a development community going already but.. Hey another cheap android for the collection...

Its running Android 2.3.5 so tricky to root, but I managed to build a kernel from source and create a ClockworkMod Recovery and use that to dump the rom... I'll be doing the usual soon

Posted

Oddly Huawei have turned off the option to be able to extract the kernel config from /proc/config.gz when its running....

Posted

It should seem they are on sale in Tesco too, someone sent me a RomDump of one, its not too different from the phones4u version, only it comes with some games.... nice.

Posted

The one I purchased from Taiwan came with Android 2.3.3 (plus some carrier crap).

I read from Taiwanese forums that the ROMs are being identical to U8650/Sonic due to the same hardware design, however nobody can confirm this as yet.

It would be good news since I heard there is unofficial CM7.2 is being ported to U8650 already.

By the way, our Ideos X3 jelly cases are available now. dry.gif

Out shopping today I Accidentally bought one...

I noticed from the other forum it's got a development community going already but.. Hey another cheap android for the collection...

Its running Android 2.3.5 so tricky to root, but I managed to build a kernel from source and create a ClockworkMod Recovery and use that to dump the rom... I'll be doing the usual soon

Posted (edited)

now £70 (£50 with suitable sim!, and an extra £!0 credit for free at xmas) amazing phone for the money, would be the dominant budget Android if more people knew about it imho.

http://www.hotukdeal...=1664&q=1085202

Edited by Smiff2