t.reddings

Finally on sale at Phones4U

7 posts in this topic

I came to post this...

I'll check out phones4u tomorow and see... But to be honest after all this wait... I'm not sure if I care now.... Meh

Out shopping today I Accidentally bought one...

I noticed from the other forum it's got a development community going already but.. Hey another cheap android for the collection...

Its running Android 2.3.5 so tricky to root, but I managed to build a kernel from source and create a ClockworkMod Recovery and use that to dump the rom... I'll be doing the usual soon

Oddly Huawei have turned off the option to be able to extract the kernel config from /proc/config.gz when its running....

It should seem they are on sale in Tesco too, someone sent me a RomDump of one, its not too different from the phones4u version, only it comes with some games.... nice.

The one I purchased from Taiwan came with Android 2.3.3 (plus some carrier crap).

I read from Taiwanese forums that the ROMs are being identical to U8650/Sonic due to the same hardware design, however nobody can confirm this as yet.

It would be good news since I heard there is unofficial CM7.2 is being ported to U8650 already.

By the way, our Ideos X3 jelly cases are available now. dry.gif

Out shopping today I Accidentally bought one...

I noticed from the other forum it's got a development community going already but.. Hey another cheap android for the collection...

Its running Android 2.3.5 so tricky to root, but I managed to build a kernel from source and create a ClockworkMod Recovery and use that to dump the rom... I'll be doing the usual soon

now £70 (£50 with suitable sim!, and an extra £!0 credit for free at xmas) amazing phone for the money, would be the dominant budget Android if more people knew about it imho.

http://www.hotukdeal...=1664&q=1085202

Edited by Smiff2