Acer Liquid Metal best Custom ROM

Guest ltpitt

Hi to all!

I think that merging our experiences and feelings about roms could save each other time in testing / wiping/ rebooting / backupping etc

Think about which ROM gives you best user experience, speed, reliability, nand space, coolest bootloader, features...

I do not mean to start flames or hating or unhealty competition.

It's just to see how the development is doing and which are the better ideas around so maybe, someday, merging all your precious efforts we'll land to the holy grail of ROMs.

If anyone has better ideas to shape this poll I'll be glad to hear smile.gif

Happy voting....

Edit:

If anything is wrong please send me a PM

Edited by ltpitt

In my experience I've found DMD the best overall. I've tried Gingerounay and liked it but I had problems with A2SD, maybe I was doing it wrong or maybe the ROM just doesn't like my phone. I haven't tried the latest t&l but at 2.3.4 it was a solid ROM.

Guest scotth324

I liked dmd but am using Gingerouney 3.0 without the update right now using link2sd and not a2sd. Link2sd works much better IMO and I can use technolovers undervolt kernel. I always used to use t&l and it was always great. Have not tried the newest one but I'm sure it is good as well. The new Gingerouney seems to have louder volume but that may be 2.3.6 too. Like the ICS theme.

I have been a very happy metalounay user so I tried very hard to install and use gingerounay but apps2sd simply didn't do the job. Various problems with bootloops, disappearing apps, lost login info.

Now I'm just landed on latest dmd with technolover's kernel and everything seems working perfectly. ROM is fast, battery drain is good, link2sd looks great for now.

What do you mean by your own customized stock ROM? :)

Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk

Gingerounay and Ginger dmd are fast, interesting, have pretty design. But, if you want stable Rom with a lot of free memory and free of bugs, you should choose T&L, IMHO :)

Edited by xome74

For android 2.3.6, what you say it better for me?

I have gingerounay 3.1 but i have some problems..app2sd don't work..if i change my sim, google account will be removed, and other settings..

What do you think about the new t&l metal ?

thanks, Manuele

I've read what you wrote :)

I just thought to share my experience since I had the same problems and now I'm ok using a different ROM

Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
save each other time in testing

as i expected, the poll didn't save time, did it?)

the only way to understand which rom is yours is to try it, that's all) and no poll can help u ;)