How to erase partitions on sd?

Guest mladenovic73

Guest Racerboy

I need to erase partitions on my sd becouse i have only 2gb card and i dont use swap.So if someone nows how please help.

if your using windows, you can use paragon partition manager to create/delete/format partitions on your sdcard

Edited by Racerboy

Do you have windows vista or higher? Why don't you just write "diskpart" on the start menu and use it to delete the partitions?

- diskpart

-> list disk

-> select disk 1 (if 1 is your sdcard)

-> clean

-> create partition primary

-> format fs=fat32 quick

-> exit

Done. And it's free, easy and creates sector alligned partitions (better performance) <- really important on flash devices (cards, ssd's...)

Edited by TigTex

Guest mladenovic73

Do you have windows vista or higher? Why don't you just write "diskpart" on the start menu and use it to delete the partitions?

- diskpart

-> list disk

-> clean

-> format fs=fat32 quick

-> exit

Done. And it's free, easy and creates sector alligned partitions (better performance) <- really important on flash devices (cards, ssd's...)

Thanx i didnt now that.Iam using win7.I will try thatsmile.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest j@y krishn@

- diskpart

-> list disk

-> clean

-> format fs=fat32 quick

-> exit

AWESOME :D thnx !

• 4 years later...
Guest Hsbcasrt

To be honest , simply delete data are not deleted from phone completely , the some recovery tools can easily to get back the deleted data from phone ,if you are looking for an effective solution for this problem, why not use a erase tool? which is designed for deeply erase your phone data ,like important data or files, personal information,bank account,contacts ,sms,,,,,from phone ,in order to avoid the deleted data are exposed,once erase android data ,no one can restore any data with any recovery tools,