Faulty Internal SD

Guest roflc0p

Guest Newcron

When this exact thing happened to me my Streak was on StreakDroid 1.8.1. I just restored an old Nandroid backup I had with stock ROM installed and sent it back. I didn't bother with flashing baseband files.

The replacement was a refurbished unit in a plain white box, body+battery cover only, but looked like brand new. It actually arrived in about 3-4 days after I called in, before I even get a chance to send out the bad one to them.

Edited by Newcron

Guest Azurren

If you can send it back, do :)

Its better to preserve warranty incase it develops something more serious down the line!

Flashing a PKG will restore basebands and everything else

Guest marvin02

How did you perform this test and how do I find the utility?

It is built into the phone. Here are the steps:

1. Turn off your Streak
  2. Hold down the camera button all the way, as you turn on your Streak
  3. At the white screen, dial in the code “*#301#” (without the quotes) – This will open the engineering mode that allows you to run individual tests.
  4. Dial in 10 then press ‘Enter’ to run the ‘SD & SIM’ test
  5. The “Internal SD” test should pass, and it should show “permanent write-nonprotect”. If this fails, then you have one of the affected Streaks.
The above is originally from the StreakDroid site.

It is built into the phone. Here are the steps:

1. Turn off your Streak
  2. Hold down the camera button all the way, as you turn on your Streak
  3. At the white screen, dial in the code “*#301#” (without the quotes) – This will open the engineering mode that allows you to run individual tests.
  4. Dial in 10 then press ‘Enter’ to run the ‘SD & SIM’ test
  5. The “Internal SD” test should pass, and it should show “permanent write-nonprotect”. If this fails, then you have one of the affected Streaks.
The above is originally from the StreakDroid site.

Thank you.

From your reference to the Streakdroid site this is probably something that I should have already known.

But thanks to you I now do and it has introduced me to some potentially very useful tools.