Could do with some help, lost my IMEI

Guest Shadowtrance

Guest Shadowtrance

So long story, this morning i thought it'd be a good idea to mess around with some roms of all sorts.

That was ok until i decided to mess with the russian mts 916 official 2.2 rom on here.

Whole lot of weird stuff happened, wouldn't boot, would boot only to boot into recovery and nowhere else etc etc.

Tried everything i could think of but it refused to boot normally, tried different versions of cwm to no avail.

SO, i busted out my chinese tpt and eventually got it back to normal, rebooted a few times with the chinese rom to make sure then did a restore from cwm and that went well too.

But one thing i couldn't figure out was why i had no service and why airplane mode wouldn't turn off, so i sat here scratching my head trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Then i was going through settings and noticed something odd, MY IMEI WAS 0 as was my IMEI SV 00.

Did some googling and found out i need a Channel1.nvm and edit that which i don't seem to have around anywhere. :(

Or is there some other way i haven't found yet to fix it?

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Your phone asks for the PIN code when you turn it on?

If it doesn't, the radio firmware is wrong, you are using a bad tpt for you and you are lucky that your phone is still working... be careful with tpt!

Edited by TigTex

Guest Shadowtrance

No doesn't ask for a pin and just boots normally.

And it wasn't the chinese tpt that did it because I've used it before and had no problems so I'm thinking it was the russian 2.2 one that caused it. :(

Is there any way this can be fixed at all? Everything else seems to work normally as it did before i started messing around except for the no IMEI and no network.

shot000001p.jpg

Guest Shadowtrance

Yea i found that earlier and managed to find the IMEI in the channel1.nvm file i made a backup of off my brother's phone which is exactly the same and edited that to match my IMEI which worked.

But now the IMEI SV is still 00. any idea how to change that?

Your IMEI is 0 because the radio is not working, don't waste time with HEX editors, that won't fix it. You need a different TPT that is compatible with your racer. (and I don't know any... sorry). But if you have your brothers phone, make a TPT out of it and use it. (remember to edit your IMEI only if you do that) 

Edited by TigTex

Guest Shadowtrance

Yea i did the hex editor thing for the "IMEI" which DID work.

Also managed to make a tpt backup of my brothers phone with the updater from the zte site. Just told it to upgrade and it downloaded the files and then i quickly saved the files and cancelled the upgrade.

But the "IMEI SV" is unchanged as it shows in the picture. Don't know why. Might figure it out one day.

Think I'll just put it down to bad stuff can happen when you mess around with things.

And yea as you said TigTex, the radio isn't working even though the IMEI SEEMS to be back to normal. Airplane mode is stuck on and won't turn off because of this (i think).

Doesn't really matter that much, it was cheap and only got it to mess around with android as I'd never used it before and i have a new phone on the way in the post (Xperia X10i). :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=44CYTSAK Tpt backup if anyone is interested.

Edited by Shadowtrance

Guest Vlatko25

Yea i did the hex editor thing for the "IMEI" which DID work.

Also managed to make a tpt backup of my brothers phone with the updater from the zte site. Just told it to upgrade and it downloaded the files and then i quickly saved the files and cancelled the upgrade.

But the "IMEI SV" is unchanged as it shows in the picture. Don't know why. Might figure it out one day.

Think I'll just put it down to bad stuff can happen when you mess around with things.

And yea as you said TigTex, the radio isn't working even though the IMEI SEEMS to be back to normal. Airplane mode is stuck on and won't turn off because of this (i think).

Doesn't really matter that much, it was cheap and only got it to mess around with android as I'd never used it before and i have a new phone on the way in the post (Xperia X10i). :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=44CYTSAK Tpt backup if anyone is interested.

this is tpt backup of 2.1

how to use thisD:

Guest Vlatko25

this is tpt backup of 2.1

how to use thisD:

maybe this will solve problems for all those who lost android green robot from china unicom tpt flash

i will try this and report result later

Guest Vlatko25

maybe this will solve problems for all those who lost android green robot from china unicom tpt flash

i will try this and report result later

i have succesfully flahsed tpt from the backup,and i have succesed!

Guest Shadowtrance

Yea I'm thinking my your right and it isn't related to the IMEISV (even though i swear is wasn't 00 originally).

So i think something else is causing the no network because i have Airplane mode turned on automatically and i can't turn it off. :(

Not sure what it is.

Edited by Shadowtrance