Orange Monte Carlo stuck on orange logo when turning on

Guest Gre Student

Guest Gre Student

My Orange Monte Carlo totally ran out of battery last night and switched itself off, now the phone won't get past the orange logo in reboot even after a full night of charging...

It will power up without and with power cable but still won't go past the orange logo.

Can anyone help?

Guest Gre Student

What ROM was on it?

Did you got CW Recovery on it?

If you connect it to PC while "trying" to boot you hear the "usb plugged in" sound?

Thanks for a response,

-Wasn't rommed, so w/e it comes with from the shop

- Not sure what CW means? (not really a techy)

- And yes it did

Thanks for a response,

-Wasn't rommed, so w/e it comes with from the shop

- Not sure what CW means? (not really a techy)

- And yes it did

In this case that means the phone is still recognized but traped in boot loop.

First we'll try things in the simple way...

Get this, extract anywhere and run the "reboot-recovery.bat", if all is ok your phone should now boot into recovery.

Once there perform a wipe data/factory reset and reboot.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Get this, extract anywhere and run the "reboot-recovery.bat", if all is ok your phone should now boot into recovery.

If clockworkmod recovery (CW) isnt installed wont that mean it wil just boot to a white box saying FTM... Thats what i got atleast when i tried to acces recovery without having CW installed?

And if it insnt romed i should go to the store i gues you still have waranty...

If clockworkmod recovery (CW) isnt installed wont that mean it wil just boot to a white box saying FTM... Thats what i got atleast when i tried to acces recovery without having CW installed?

And if it insnt romed i should go to the store i gues you still have waranty...

Just because you don't have CWR doesn't mean you can access Recovery still, the stock one :lol:

Guest Wacky.ddw

Just because you don't have CWR doesn't mean you can access Recovery still, the stock one :lol:

So power + Volume down is only for CWR normally you can only go into recovery with a pc and the command then? Because if i press power + volume down i get on a black screen with a white box saying FTM i dont know what that is but i can only go back by pulling the battery :P

So power + Volume down is only for CWR normally you can only go into recovery with a pc and the command then? Because if i press power + volume down i get on a black screen with a white box saying FTM i dont know what that is but i can only go back by pulling the battery :P

With Stock Recovery, Power+VolDown should get you into recovery menu(or I'm terribly mistaken...), but u can also reach it with command line or through phone's shell.

FTM is used for engineering, and I thought it's only reachable without battery in it but plugged in to pc...

Edited by D3abL3

• 6 months later...
Guest Magenetica

I did this but it doesn't work..