• Announcements

• PaulOBrien

Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • PaulOBrien

Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
davidevinavil

CyanogenMod-7.1-LiquidMt

976 posts in this topic

I've installed davidevinavil's 7.27 tonight and can only find 2 major problems..

Tethering works fine the first time you try it (even if wifi has been in use), but if you end the tethering and reconnect to wifi, then try again.. it locks your phone up. (clean install, nothing but the rom after a full wipe) - Reproducible each time.

Also.. It seems too change the WiFi MAC on every boot, which then causes my firewall to block access again! - this never used to happen with 7.24, so I think I will go back to that version for now and see what I can do about figuring out how to fix that on the newer version.

Is there anything i could do to assist? (I'm no ROM expert but I know my way round linux and c)

I think that Lens_flare said that it's normal that it changes mac adress everytime ;)

I think that Lens_flare said that it's normal that it changes mac adress everytime ;)

Hmmm.. That's a problem for me as my firewall config depends on the MAC to allow access from wireless devices.. I might have to see if I can figure out what generates it.. and somehow hardcode it.

I think that Lens_flare said that it's normal that it changes mac adress everytime

... Normal?

Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk

... Normal?

shokingly, eh?

it's normal state of our atheros chip, that seems provides more security than acer decided to provide us.

Think: DYNAMIC MAC, nobody ever hack you :D

Are you sure?

I read that it can do malfuction in this rom if i reflash the kernel.

hi davidevinavil, just a little question, i flashed your 2.27 yesterday, but my soft keys don t seem to light them selves (but they do their job). is this a known bug? cause i search in the thread and i can t find any answer...

ps: when u say "modules are now in rom" what do u mean?where can i find them?

thx a lot ;)

my soft keys don t seem to light them selves (but they do their job).

it's the only behaviour rom could provide

when u say "modules are now in rom" what do u mean?where can i find them?

he meant that rom supports net protocols that are common for linux but absent on android, for example samba sharing that provides you music/video streaming functionality.

modules are located at system/lib/modules. To activate them use terminal emulator:

for example

insmod cifs.ko

activates cifs module. for additional instructions see google ;]

thx so much lens, now is all clear ;) and a greater thx for the hard job u 2 done/are doing for all of us

see first post, there should be google apps(gapps) package, that is flashable like a rom.

see first post, there should be google apps(gapps) package, that is flashable like a rom.

Thanks was a super

Hi I've solved the bug with the MAC address that change every reboot:

1.disable wifi;

2.create a file in "/data/misc/wifi/" called "softmac" (without extension);

3.write in it the MAC address (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx);

4. in a terminal write:

"chmod 444 /data/misc/wifi/softmac"

or with file manager the permissions must be "-r--r--r--";

5. enable wifi;

6. if doesn't work reboot phone.

that's all ;-)

AWESOME! :D

ah, my fault, russian users knew that since a while.. just the last action was to place it in OP-s.

Is there any reason why the FPS in this CM7 rom along with the MIUI rom similar to it is crap? It's stuck at like 15 fps all the time... very ugly. Wonderful rom though if it wasn't so slow :(

Was about to sell phone before I installed this mod!

Hi I've solved the bug with the MAC address that change every reboot:

1.disable wifi;

2.create a file in "/data/misc/wifi/" called "softmac" (without extension);

3.write in it the MAC address (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx);

4. in a terminal write:

"chmod 444 /data/misc/wifi/softmac"

or with file manager the permissions must be "-r--r--r--";

5. enable wifi;

6. if doesn't work reboot phone.

that's all ;-)

Is this fix working also for miui 2.4.6?

I can't find the folder...

Is this fix working also for miui 2.4.6?

it should

I can't find the folder...

it could be hidden as a symlinked driver. So terminal only ;]

I thought they ended up 3 or more months ago :D

Same :D

Are you going to port this or is it not worth it?

Are you going to port this or is it not worth it?

without fixes? - no.. grab my tree and build it if you want so :D

I don't have Linux and Im too lazy to do that :D and I don't think it will change anything tbh