• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dell xcd35 bricked

12 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I just recently rooted my phone.and i installed font changer and it got suck while rebooting.

and when i switched it on it does not go beyond dell logo.

I think i have bricked my phone.

im new to android.any one could please help me?????

Posted · Report post

have you tried wiping cache from recovery?

Posted (edited) · Report post

have you tried wiping cache from recovery?

i booted into recovery mode, it shows "FTM"

Edited by Phill Danniel

Posted · Report post

can you pls give me step wise instructions?

Posted · Report post

OK! Just do the following....

1. Download android-sdk_r15-windows.zip from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html (assuming you are running windows)

2. Extract it, copy the 'android-sdk-windows' folder and paste it in your C:\ drive (for convenience).

3. Now, go into the folder and run 'SDK manager.exe'.

4. From SDK manager, install 'android SDK Plateform-tools' under tool and 'google usb driver package' under Extras. No need to install anything else for now, just uncheck if anything else is checked.

5. Now, confirm that the 3 things are installed (the status in front of the name is Installed ) (Screenshot is given below)

Android SDK-tools

Android SDK plateform-tools

Google usb driver package

6. Connect your phone to your PC using USB cable. (Phone should be turn on)

7. Open the command prompt in windows and type adb devices (see the screenshot)

8. If this shows your device in the list means your device is accessible with adb.

Tell me what is the status whether your device is accessible with adb or not.

After that you have to flash a recovery.img to your device using command line, that you can do with fastboot. But I have not done that because my device is working properly and don't want to disturb me as Exam time is running for me.

Tell me upto where you have followed.

post-943551-0-94617900-1321951571_thumb.

post-943551-0-77470800-1321951587_thumb.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Its not showing my device.its not acessible with adb.....

Edited by Phill Danniel

Posted · Report post

If you still have this problem I think you're best installing a new rom using the TPT method. As long as you can download a file from your PC and save onto your phone sdcard using a card reader you should be able to perform a TPT.

Posted · Report post

If you still have this problem I think you're best installing a new rom using the TPT method. As long as you can download a file from your PC and save onto your phone sdcard using a card reader you should be able to perform a TPT.

Can u pls give ny info on tpt & how to do it?

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I think i have hard bricked my ZTE Blade :( .At first was able to boot in cloclkworkmod recovery,but now it just shows the dell logo does not go any further,can anybody help me with this one.I do have Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie on my sd card.please guide me what to do ...

Posted · Report post

can u give me link for stock tpt of dell xcd 35