How to install the drivers for OMC/ZTE Skate

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Yes, Win7 x64 , i have tried wverything what u wrote down, but sill got messages. Should i do smg on my phone?

-Got the "device not found" message when trying to install the recovery but no bootloader.-

As putbinoot already advised in this topic, have you turned on USB debugging of your phone in settings--applications--development?

Guest rbkmagic

As putbinoot already advised in this topic, have you turned on USB debugging of your phone in settings--applications--development?

Yes, i did.

Turned on USB debugging , then connected the phone to PC, downloadeed the files, copied the usb inf file, after theese i went to devices and tried to install the driver manually. Whats wrong?

Edited by rbkmagic

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Yes, i did.

Turned on USB debugging , then connected the phone to PC, downloadeed the files, copied the usb inf file, after theese i went to devices and tried to install the driver manually. Whats wrong?

You don't need to overwrite the android_winusb.inf in Win 7. I cannot tell you what's wrong if you don't give detailed info.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having some issues with drivers...and the waiting for device and green android problem..

I have tried following your instructions..but firstly in Device Manager under Other Devices it just has 'Unknown Device' rather then Android Phone. Also when I try to install the google driver...it only shows 'Android Sooner Single ADB Interface' not Android Bootloader Interface, and when I select the android_winusb.inf to install, an error comes up saying 'The folder you specified doesnt contain a compatible software driver for your device etc'

Edited by aldino

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I have been having some issues with drivers...and the waiting for device and green android problem..

I have tried following your instructions..but firstly in Device Manager under Other Devices it just has 'Unknown Device' rather then Android Phone. Also when I try to install the google driver...it only shows 'Android Sooner Single ADB Interface' not Android Bootloader Interface, and when I select the android_winusb.inf to install, an error comes up saying 'The folder you specified doesnt contain a compatible software driver for your device etc'

Which OS are you using?

I'm using WIn 7 64bit. Not sure why you have Android Sooner Single ADB Interface. The manual installation process for the drivers should be done just in the stage of 'Waiting for device'. Can you try that again?

I have tried, about 10 times, when trying to install superboot to root as well as CWM, every time i run either .bat file its the same thing, waiting for device, phone reboots, stuck on green logo, need to remove battery.

Im going to try uninstall the handset usb driver and install it again, i dont think I have any other drivers installed?

Also just to clarify, do I need to firstly root to install a custom ROM? Or skip and go straight to CWM?

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I have tried, about 10 times, when trying to install superboot to root as well as CWM, every time i run either .bat file its the same thing, waiting for device, phone reboots, stuck on green logo, need to remove battery.

Im going to try uninstall the handset usb driver and install it again, i dont think I have any other drivers installed?

Also just to clarify, do I need to firstly root to install a custom ROM? Or skip and go straight to CWM?

DId you manually install the driver just when your phone being stuck on green logo and 'Waiting for device' on PC monitor? If there are two unknow devices in device manager, try to install driver for both of them. The handset usb driver should not be conflicted with the google one.

You don't need to root prior to CWM - cutom ROMs are already rooted.

Ok I have attached a couple of pics with whats happening...

I attach my phone via USB, debugging is on, disk is ejected in my computer (it still appears there though), shows device is ready to use, and in Device Manager under ADB Interface it shows Handset ADB Interface.

I then double click the install-windows-recovery.bat file from the CWM zip (on a side note, does the .img not need to first be copied to the SD card? I think thats how it was when I did it on the OSF for the 1st time...), CMD prompt comes up and says waiting for device, phone restarts and stays on green android.

Still in pic 1 you can then see what it now shows under Device Manager...I click update driver, and select Show All Devices (it is the same result if I select Android Phone.

Moving to pic 2, it then shows the Sooner Single ADB Interface, but I click Have Disk and browse to the folder where I downloaded the google driver, select the android_winusb.inf and you can see the error message.

Im probably doing something very silly wrong but I cant see it....its even more frustrating as I did all this fine on my OSF when I got it and there were a lot more steps involved!

post-308447-0-12065800-1322880498_thumb.

post-308447-0-25350500-1322880510_thumb.

Edited by aldino

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Thanks for the detailed info. Can you try to uninstall & reinstall the driver for the unknown device to see if it works?

Double-click the Unknown device, and on the Driver tab click Uninstall, then select Delete the driver software for this device. When the uninstall process is complete, unplug the phone. Restart the computer and replug the phone, and then try to reinstall the driver again.

Thanks for the detailed info. Can you try to uninstall & reinstall the driver for the unknown device to see if it works?

Double-click the Unknown device, and on the Driver tab click Uninstall, then select Delete the driver software for this device. When the uninstall process is complete, unplug the phone. Restart the computer and replug the phone, and then try to reinstall the driver again.

So I did that, and it showed 'Android Phone' under 'Other Devices' rather then Unknown Device, the next time I plugged in the phone and ran the .bat file. Unfortunately the same result when I selected the .inf file for the driver, same error message. Is this the correct driver? The .inf file?

It now just shows 'Android' under ADB interface, with a yellow !.

Really need to get this sorted today :(

Guest dibbles

Plug the [phone into your PC and enable the debugging mode. Then open up device manager and open each of the devices in the list which the phone has added and please post that screenshot.

Thanks

Plug the [phone into your PC and enable the debugging mode. Then open up device manager and open each of the devices in the list which the phone has added and please post that screenshot.

Thanks

Attached, 4 new things appear. (There is already one USB Composite Device but another one appears).

post-308447-0-65581800-1322928778_thumb.

Edited by aldino

Guest dibbles

Just seen your screenshot now - thanks.

Will edit this post shortly when I have looked at it.

Please confirm - is it that you wish to install CWM after you have already unlocked the phone...?

Edited by dibbles

Please confirm - is it that you wish to install CWM after you have already unlocked the phone...?

Yes phone has been successfully unlocked. During the unlock, the last step is to restore the backup to the phone using QPST, and while this got to 100% it didnt quite finish - the phone restarted and there was an error message saying cannot communicate with device. I put in my 3 sim though and it worked, and booted the phone as normal etc, so I just ignored it as it all worked fine, not sure if it has anything to do with it? Either way the phone boots and works fine with a non-Orange sim, now I want to install CWM so I can put a custom ROM on it.

Guest dibbles

Ok, thanks for the screenshot and the information.

This shows the devices listed in my Device Manager with the phone attached...

1323017361.jpg

...I would ignore the ZTE prefix as I imagine that is due to the Elitemovil ROM I am using.

The drivers that I used are simply the ones that came from the unlocking tutorial...

Handset_USB_Driver

http://www.multiupload.com/BQ7VQOQA4L

I never needed to install anything different to unlock the phone or back up the required file for QPST to work or then install CWM. As you have noted you did the same and had full communications with your phone during the unlocking process but that seemed to go messy during completion of the restoration of the backup file by the QPST software.

Why don't you...

Unplug the phone.

Uninstall the QPST 2.7 software.

Reboot the phone.

Install the Handset_USB_Driver with the device manager tree open.

Note that the device is correctly identified as illustrated in the above screenshots.

Ensure that you have not got a firewall preventing communication to the phone when plugged in, I had to disable mine.

Run the CWM installation file "install-recovery-windows.bat" from the Post-Unlock folder

Post back any issues when doing the above

Good luck :)

EDIT: Just to add that I too would not have been happy with the message you noted at the end of the restoration of the QCN file. I have unlocked two of these phones using the noted method and both went fine with no such problems. Whether it has any relevance at this stage I'm not sure. But let's see how you go on with the above.

Edited by dibbles

Thanks for the advice, but running the .bat file, actually any .bat file, results in the same thing, screenshot attached. Updating driver etc just brings the error message mentioned previously...

post-308447-0-55325600-1322931045_thumb.

Guest dibbles

Go to add and remove programs and remove the drivers...

1322939294.jpg

then reboot the PC.

No phone attached.

Then install the drivers again "Handset_USB_Driver" and note tha tthey appear in the add / remove list as noted above.

Then plug the phone it, try a different cable / USB port if you can.

Post back please.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Did that...and this time used a different USB cable, as well as a different USB port...and.....IT WORKED!!

Brb installing custom ROM :lol:

So it is the fault of USB cable/port then....

Just now I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for my phone in bootloader mode a couple of times - Google SDK driver installed smoothly. But I do find something interesting, the driver sometimes could be installed automatically via Windows Update, recognised as "Fastboot interface (Google USB ID)"

Handset_USB_Driver

http://www.multiupload.com/BQ7VQOQA4L

I never needed to install anything different to unlock the phone or back up the required file for QPST to work or then install CWM.

I don't think the driver for bootloader mode is included in ZTE Handset_USB_Driver. In your case it should be installed automatically via Windows Update.

Guest Obsydian

Guys, some help managed to unlock, but really stuck on the driver issue (i.e. get the same green android screen and pc dialog box says waiting for device), anyway after many driver updates now my phone does nothing when i run the CWM bat file.