ZTE Racer II?

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Just saw this announcement on twitter about Zte Racer II targetting Irish market sector. Is that Zte Racer II the same as what you guys have? :blink:

What really surprised me was its a f..kin Racer II, not a Blade, nor Skate or anything like that!! Or is Zte trying to get rid of them and dump 'em via distribution channels in Ireland? :lol:

Guest plegdroid

Just saw this announcement on twitter about Zte Racer II targetting Irish market sector. Is that Zte Racer II the same as what you guys have? :blink:

What really surprised me was its a f..kin Racer II, not a Blade, nor Skate or anything like that!! Or is Zte trying to get rid of them and dump 'em via distribution channels in Ireland? :lol:

hiya, that's a gen2 (2.2) phone, the three mobile racer distributed in the uk is gen1( 2.1) the case is also different and ours don't come with a proximity sensor, anda the cpu is underclocked than the 604 that we get given ,may be a completely new phone, zte have done the same with the blade (blade II) may be trying to cash in on an already established brand loyalty customer base:)

don't know what the exchange rate is but in the uk can pick up for $65.00 uk Sterling, and that come with $15 credit. so for 59 euro still not a great deal of cash to fork out for it:)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest plegdroid

It's USD :)

that's 114 uk pounds, that's expensive for what it is when in the uk it's 65 with 15 credit :'( (Gen 1)

about the same without credit in Ireland at today's exchange rate=50 pounds . :)

Edited by plegdroid

• 2 weeks later...

Are the gen2 roms compatible with this device (Mine says ZTE Racer II P728B)? It comes with 2.2.2 and i want to upgrade it. It is from Cosmote Greece operator.

Guest equiliym

Are the gen2 roms compatible with this device (Mine says ZTE Racer II P728B)? It comes with 2.2.2 and i want to upgrade it. It is from Cosmote Greece operator.

you refer for this new thingy? why not just romdump it and upload for us to see?

no problem, you have everything you need to know on this link HERE, it shouldn't be too hard to do

Thanks. The device is for my brother and i have to return it to the shop, because it goes off by itself after a period of time and you have to remove the battery and insert it again to power it up. So it is defective and i have to ask for a replacement.

As soon as i have the new in my hands, i will try to romdump it and report.

Guest equiliym

Thanks. The device is for my brother and i have to return it to the shop, because it goes off by itself after a period of time and you have to remove the battery and insert it again to power it up. So it is defective and i have to ask for a replacement.

As soon as i have the new in my hands, i will try to romdump it and report.

so, any news? i would really like to get my hands on that dump :3

Guest equiliym

I see different reviews on the net about the touchscreen, is it resistive or capacitive (multitouch)?

i dont know about that but as far as i saw, it has more ram and different cpu and gpu chipset and different keyboard layouts since it has more buttons and all

but i anyway want to get my hands on that dump for that phone.. its totally different device but still i want it :D might use something for our racer, who knows

Edited by equiliym

Ok i got it!!! I'm reading the instructions about romdump. It is straight forward except the rooting section. Instructions are for the latest romdump v82b. How do i root it before i follow the instructions about romdump?

EDIT!!!!

Never mind. I have done it (with psneuter) romdump is now uploading and the link will follow soon.

Edited by baskin

Guest madprofessorus

Yes it exists,here on Greece,all three cellular networks(Cosmote,Vodafone,Wind),they are selling it,the first thing I want to notice is that the screen seems to be more sensitive,I tested it on a shop.

Guest equiliym

Yes it exists,here on Greece,all three cellular networks(Cosmote,Vodafone,Wind),they are selling it,the first thing I want to notice is that the screen seems to be more sensitive,I tested it on a shop.

well afaik, all stock roms have their drivers and kernel perfect, custom roms tends to have that sensitivity but it takes quite some time to make it work like that p;

Guest madprofessorus

well afaik, all stock roms have their drivers and kernel perfect, custom roms tends to have that sensitivity but it takes quite some time to make it work like that p;

well when I first bought my Racer,sure it didn't had that sensitivity,with the custom roms I installed things are a little better,maybe the new Racer has a better screen,or different technology