Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs 104.3M 	12.0k    104.3M   0% /dev

tmpfs                        104.3M         0    104.3M   0% /mnt/asec

/dev/block/mtdblock9     160.0M    144.6M     15.4M  90% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock11 274.1M    186.8M     87.3M  68% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock10 30.0M      1.1M     28.9M   4% /cache

/dev/block/vold/179:1 1.8G      1.0G    854.4M  55% /mnt/sdcard

/dev/block/vold/179:1 1.8G      1.0G    854.4M  55% /mnt/secure/asec

well, this is a surprise :P at least we now know you have 160mb layout, clearing stock roms of garbage and enough space to add your stuff :D i downloaded your stock rom and i found lots of garbage.. there is a video clip of the fifth element movie with bruce willis, dunno whats that all about.. just sayin` :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moleygunn

They sell the ZTE Racer II in Ireland from Meteor, 3 and eMobile. I've made a romdump in case it helps the cause:

http://www.suchdestr...te-racer-II.zip

I've also included a copy of SuperOneClick and the Google USB drivers which I've edited so they recognise the ZTE Racer II, rather than have it show as 'Android Phone' in the Device Manager. Make sure your phone has USB Debugging enabled to make this work. (This is probably basic stuff, but it took me most of the day to figure out, so I'm sharing.)

Does anyone know of a way to remove the SIM lock? It's currently locked to Meteor. Will flashing the Greek or Albanian ROM dumps remove the lock? Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by moleygunn

Hi,

Unfortunately, I bought this type of phone a few days ago. Once I had to took it back for change for a good one, because many times was frozen. (Battery take out and put in.)

I sadly recognized surfing on the internet, that there is nobody this time, who is working on this model to make it better.

What is your opinion, the reason is that is a fresh equipment, or there is no hope to do something better with it?

Best Regards

mobil

Edited by g947

none of the devs here have racer2 device so we cant really make custom roms work on it..

Thank you for your answer. I think in this case, this is hopeless.

mobil

Edited by g947

Guest equiliym

Thank you for your answer. I think in this case, this is hopeless.

mobil

its not hopeless, if there are any of racer2 users that have some basic linux and/or programming knowledge, you can do lots of stuff.. you can even do on windows but still need some base programming knowledge at least to look at debugger and fix issues.. unless issues are really stupid, those can be solved by anyone :D

Guest moleygunn

If it's not prompting you to enter NCK then what exactly does it do when you insert a different SIM card??

Richard S.

It blanks the screen and leaves an option to make emergency calls, but nothing else. None of the buttons work either.

Guest sampit

hello i have one zte racer II p728b and i don't now how can update (loosing user code).(volume up and power on only green logo in the display) (volume down and power on again green logo restarting the phone).

Little help please how can't recovery mode this phone? i have greece cosmote flash and drivers.

Don't have g-mail address this phone.

Thank you!

Guest noobieRO

I have too a zte racer ii , what files are safe too delete in system?? ...its the the zte racer ROM compatible with zte racer ii , i can broke my phone if i try to put zte racer ROm on zte racer ii ?? .Thanks in advance

Guest noobieRO

for overckock my cpu...i need to flash kernel??? i ask because i have rooted my phone and all application wich i have used...crash when i try to modify the frequency :(

Guest noobieRO

i need help please...how can i use the dumbed file from here to make my phone work again. It just dont start ...it remains on adroid screen or it flash the android screen.please help me :( what i can do to make it work again.pls reply if anyone can help me.thanks

Guest noobieRO

i have instaled recovery manager and i wanted to make a backup but asked me to instal a custom recovery and i put a clockwork mod.img for zte racer i .after that i have chosen the reboot into recovery....and after that my phone stop work...when it start the display remain on android logo and keep flash and if i pres de power button + VolUp phone start but it remains on the android image...without display flashing.i find fastboot and i put there the boot.img and recovery.img from the dumped files wich are here..but no luck :( the same effect

Guest noobieRO

Sorry for my bad english....is not my native language...if anyone have ideas i will try only to not make my phone dead for god, if is not already :(

Guest noobieRO

I menaged to make it work i have used fastboot in cmd and a recovery img from dumped file from here, first i have used the fastboot gui wich is not functional it seems...and after that i have tried the cmd wich work.thanks a lot :)

Edited by noobieRO

Guest noobieRO

Someone have ideas in how can optimize the android sistem on zte racer ii...to work at a optimal performance??...i read about overclock but is weird becaause no app wich i have tried not work...they all crash when i try to make a modify of frequency

Guest krystal5190

Hey! im back again with my zte racerII.. and i have found something about this recently.. http://androidforums.com/zte-racer/509654-clockworkmod-recovery-zte-racer-ii.html

that is a clockwork recovery for this terminal.. autor of this recovery says is still in progress and that he is testing it.. so im testing it too and for now its fine.. good luckk :)

Guest krystal5190

Someone have ideas in how can optimize the android sistem on zte racer ii...to work at a optimal performance??...i read about overclock but is weird becaause no app wich i have tried not work...they all crash when i try to make a modify of frequency

but i think its because no one have information or compatiblity with this model its still a little bit unknown i think.. but in no much time i think it will be more support custom roms and all this stuff.. its happens the same to mine.. overclock doesnt work.. i resigned and im waiting for things and news

Guest krystal5190

Then i will wait and i :P now i have put that clockwork recovery post upper :D

have you found any trouble with it? i have made a backup and its all right ^^