ZTE Racer II?

Guest t0mm13b

Guest noobieRO

have you found any trouble with it? i have made a backup and its all right ^^

the same with me :D ...made it a backup...and all works fine...:D At what test i should to put my phone because until now i dont have any problem

Guest Old User

Here we go!

ZTE Racer II GREECE_COSMOTE_P728B1.0.0B03

Looking forward for any news!

Thanks a lot! I recovered my Racer II a few weeks using fasboot and recovery image from file you posted. This is opportunity to say thanks now.

Hey! im back again with my zte racerII.. and i have found something about this recently.. http://androidforums...e-racer-ii.html

that is a clockwork recovery for this terminal.. autor of this recovery says is still in progress and that he is testing it.. so im testing it too and for now its fine.. good luckk

I tested it, and it works fine. I can go to recovery mod at the boot, and do backups. Also, I can do backups and reboot into recovery mod from Rom Maneger (option: boot into recovery). I didn` t try to restore backups for now, neither install custom ROMs (because I don`t have one). But it is fun, I was waiting for this, thank you very much for tip :)

Guest Old User

PS. With racovery image from baskin post, i could only get green logo with exclamation mark, and now I have ClockWorkMod based Recovery with all the functions as I can see on You Tube for "popular" models with big support. :rolleyes:

Guest Old User

I made romdump of my phone. There is a difference between baskin`s romdump and the one I made, because I got these files: checksum.md5, system.tar, config.gz, system.info.gz but not boot.img and recovery.img. I was using romdump_v82b.

This is the message from Command Promt:

Creating required files... find: /system/lost+found: Premission denied.

find: /system/lost+found: Premission denied.

done.

Opening mtd table... done.

Dupming kernel config... /proc/config.gz: No such file or direcory

done.

Dumping boot partition... done.

Dumping recovery partition... done.

Dumping system partition... done.

Creating Checksums... done.

Cleaning up... done.

All done.

So, from where the problem came?

Guest equiliym

are you rooted? i suggest you try older version of romdump, works perfect.. also, dumping boot/recovery ..done < should make you those img files

Guest Old User

are you rooted? i suggest you try older version of romdump, works perfect.. also, dumping boot/recovery ..done < should make you those img files

First of all, thank for your answer. I can flash Recovery partition, I can boot into recovery from ROM Manager, or during the boot sequence, programs ask for root permission. I think that it is rooted right. I tried all older version like You said, and now I get a different message from Command Prompt:

©2010 Sebastian Robinson

[*] Android local root exploid © The Android Exploid Crew

[+] Using basedir=/sqlite_stmt_journals, path=/data/local/install

[+] opening NETLINK_KOBJECT_UEVENT socket

[+] sending add message ...

[*] Try to invoke hotplug now, clicking at the wireless

[*] settings, plugin USB key etc.

[*] You succeeded if you find /system/bin/romdump.

This is the message I should get according to README. Then I turn on and off Wifi as described in README, but when i type

adb shell romdump

as also described in README, I get this message:

romdump: permision denied.

I do not know, where I'm making mistake. Thank you in advance for any advice.

UPDATE

I checked with Terminal Emulator et Root Check Basic, and I am definitive rooted.

Terminal Emulator:

$su

#

Root Check Basic:

Verify Root Access:

Results:

Congratulations!

This device has root access!

Edited by Old User

Guest Old User

try this order in cmd..

adb push romdump /data/local/

adb shell chmod 04755 /data/local/romdump

adb shell /data/local/romdump

Thank You for helping me.

That is exactly what I did the first time, and I tryed again. But I still receive the same message:

Creating required files... find: /system/lost+found: Premission denied.

done.

Opening mtd table... done.

Dupming kernel config... /proc/config.gz: No such file or direcory

done.

Dumping boot partition... done.

Dumping recovery partition... done.

Dumping system partition... done.

Creating Checksums... done.

Cleaning up... done.

All done.

There is no boot.img and no recovery.img. Here is the message from checksum.md5:

d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e config.gz

73ebbbddcb798d40f4f9345f9af09bff system.info.gz

4941098851702b8df0313e05e509b0c5 system.tar

e8744a380efc0c7b2f55919b5c072937 checksum.md5.

Obviously it does not make boot and no recovery image, no matter it says "Dumping boot partition... done. Dumping recovery partition... done."

Do you think that "Fix Permissions" option would do any better or worse, or you have any otehr idea?

Thank you again!

Guest equiliym

Do you think that "Fix Permissions" option would do any better or worse, or you have any otehr idea?

Thank you again!

try it, who knows.. also, check if you have enough free space on sdcard to fit all img romdump makes

Guest krystal5190

it does not make any boot.img nor recovery.img?? i've make an backup and it did it fine o.O.. and I also restored my phone with cwm and also works.. I dont know why could it be..

Guest Old User

it does not make any boot.img nor recovery.img?? i've make an backup and it did it fine o.O.. and I also restored my phone with cwm and also works.. I dont know why could it be.

I'm afraid that we did`n understand each other well, because I was talking about making romdump. In romdump folder I don`t get those images, but I have them when I make bacup using ClockworkMod based Recovery posted on forum.

try it, who knows.. also, check if you have enough free space on sdcard to fit all img romdump makes

Thanks, I'll try first thing in the morning. I have about 4 GB left on my SD card. The images (boot.img and recovery.img) I made with CWM are exactly the same that I should get with romdump, am I right?

Guest equiliym

Thanks, I'll try first thing in the morning. I have about 4 GB left on my SD card. The images (boot.img and recovery.img) I made with CWM are exactly the same that I should get with romdump, am I right?

yeah, romdump should make it all.. but when i think about it, you can take boot and recovery from cwm backup, just add md5 hash into romdump.. if needed at all

Guest krystal5190

I'm afraid that we did`n understand each other well, because I was talking about making romdump. In romdump folder I don`t get those images, but I have them when I make bacup using ClockworkMod based Recovery posted on forum.

aaamm okok allright xD sorry for nno understanding xD

Guest Old User

yeah, romdump should make it all.. but when i think about it, you can take boot and recovery from cwm backup, just add md5 hash into romdump.. if needed at all

Thank you for support. "Fix Permissions" option made me a mess, after reeboot about 20 app stopped working. Luckily, backup through CWM has brought back everything as it was.

Guest equiliym

Thank you for support. "Fix Permissions" option made me a mess, after reeboot about 20 app stopped working. Luckily, backup through CWM has brought back everything as it was.

oh boi.. xD sry, never done that myself, didnt know it would mess up apps :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest noobieRO

Coud someone upload a backup made with clockmod recovery for zte racer ii /...because i messed up my phone :D please !!!

Edited by noobieRO

Guest krystal5190

Coud someone upload a backup made with clockmod recovery for zte racer ii /...because i messed up my phone :D please !!!

what did you exactly did with your phone? do you need boot recovery or system img?

Guest Old User

what exactly files do you need, because in clocwordmod foleder I have this situation ( it is a bit hard to upload more then 500MB):

.android_secure.vfat.tar 183.116 k 01.04.2012 22:32 -a--

boot.img 5.120 k 01.04.2012 22:27 -a--

cache.yaffs2.img 179 k 01.04.2012 22:32 -a--

data.yaffs2.img 248.263 k 01.04.2012 22:31 -a-

- nandroid.md5 0 k 01.04.2012 22:34 -a--

recovery.img 4.864 k 01.04.2012 22:27 -a--

system.yaffs2.img 131.975 k 01.04.2012 22:28 -a--

573.518 k in 7 files

Guest noobieRO

what exactly files do you need, because in clocwordmod foleder I have this situation ( it is a bit hard to upload more then 500MB):

.android_secure.vfat.tar 183.116 k 01.04.2012 22:32 -a--

boot.img 5.120 k 01.04.2012 22:27 -a--

cache.yaffs2.img 179 k 01.04.2012 22:32 -a--

data.yaffs2.img 248.263 k 01.04.2012 22:31 -a-

- nandroid.md5 0 k 01.04.2012 22:34 -a--

recovery.img 4.864 k 01.04.2012 22:27 -a--

system.yaffs2.img 131.975 k 01.04.2012 22:28 -a--

573.518 k in 7 files

sistem and data img files...because i deleted some apps ...and some system settings :D , and my phone now doesn't work so well anymore, for example when i enter in my phone app , calendar for ex , it stop working, the app crash. thanks in advance :)

Guest noobieRO

what did you exactly did with your phone? do you need boot recovery or system img?

the phone start , it works for calls.. but now freeze some times, or some stock app just crash....and i want now to make it like it was when i bought it until some better roms apear :) ...but i don't have a backup of an untouched phone rom...i think i need the system and data img files :(

Guest Old User

...and i want now to make it like it was when i bought it until some better roms apear :) ...

I suppose you cannot do factory reset, or wipe/factory reset from recovery boot?

Guest noobieRO

no...it will not make any difference..because i have deleted and some stock apps..and some things in fs ...for that i want to find a backup to put on it to be like when i bought it...i tried to optimize it..to delete what i think is not necessary :D but i made it worse

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest deaddyx

Hey guys,

i just bought a zte racer ii, i couldnt use it cause of sim lock but somehow i bypassed it.

Now i am trying to root the phone but i dont know anything about rooting. Btw i think the real problem is i cant reach FTM mode FTM text appears but phone stucks there. (phone is working fine besides ftm mode but there is too many provider apps i want to uninstall)

What can i do?