ZTE Racer II?

Guest t0mm13b

Guest deaddyx

Hi daddyx, how you unlock zte racer 2? I have the unlock code, but I don't know how enter it...

Well, i didnt enter any unlock code or anything i just tried to get root access via unlock root but couldnt and get to FTM screen which stuck but after that i tried with my sim again and it was unlocked. :D

Guest deaddyx

Guys, according to the zte turkey website there should be an image.bin file for upgrading and restoring android for this device.

http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/Turkey/

Check Turkey Turkcell T11 SD card upgrading instruction & software package ( it is a Zte P728 aka Racer II device) there is image.bin file in that package.

I couldnt find anything to open that file but it might be usefull.

Guest deaddyx

http://www.unlockroot.com/ use this app to unlock root on zte racer ii , it is very easy to use , fast and free... :D i use it for my phone. is not spam :D

Thanks for the answer but it doesnt work for me, it gives an error, my usb drivers and everything is ok i think it has something to do with my android version it is 2.3.5

Guest noobieRO

Thanks for the answer but it doesnt work for me, it gives an error, my usb drivers and everything is ok i think it has something to do with my android version it is 2.3.5

2.3??? you have the zte racerII?

Guest noobieRO

I have downloaded that update but doesn't work. You can dump your rom? Maybe can be usefull, is in this threat how to do it. If you had rooted your phone you could make a backup and put it here to try and us this update. Could you give more spec of your phone? Maybe you have unlocked more Cpu, ram... :D

Edited by noobieRO

Guest deaddyx

No reply :(

Sorry about that i cant not dump my rom because i cant get root permissions which is needed for dumping rom right? Anyway i dont think anybody would want to flash this rom to their phones cause it is hell of a mess with service applications btw i dont know anything about cpu overclock which one i should try?

Guest noobieRO

Sorry about that i cant not dump my rom because i cant get root permissions which is needed for dumping rom right? Anyway i dont think anybody would want to flash this rom to their phones cause it is hell of a mess with service applications btw i dont know anything about cpu overclock which one i should try?

Your cpu is at 600mhz??? because on may is at 500.....overclock you can.t do because all app crashes when try them ...they are not compatible with it ...have something to do with kernel source code which the zte company dont made it public.

Guest KonstaT

You can use tool called ztepack to extract the image.bin (search Blade forum).

This is from build.prop of the Turkey Turkcell T11 TPT.

ro.build.display.id=GB_P728TV1.0.0B11
ro.build.version.release=2.3.5
ro.build.date=Thu Dec 8 19:59:11 CST 2011
ro.product.device=racer2
ro.build.sw_internal_version=GB_P728TV1.0.0B11
[/CODE]

There's also couple of other update packages for Racer II in ZTE website, but these are in another format.

Spain Racer II one click upgrade tool (TME)

Roumania Racer II one click upgrade tool (Cosmote)

Guest noobieRO

You can use tool called ztepack to extract the image.bin (search Blade forum).

This is from build.prop of the Turkey Turkcell T11 TPT.

ro.build.display.id=GB_P728TV1.0.0B11

ro.build.version.release=2.3.5

ro.build.date=Thu Dec  8 19:59:11 CST 2011

ro.product.device=racer2

ro.build.sw_internal_version=GB_P728TV1.0.0B11

There's also couple of other update packages for Racer II in ZTE website, but these are in another format.

Spain Racer II one click upgrade tool (TME)

Roumania Racer II one click upgrade tool (Cosmote)

Thanks for the info ::D I am from Romania , i will try the update soon :D

Guest Stormbay

Thanks for the answers, SuperOneClick doesnt work :(

My friend use unlock root app for rooting your phone.

When you install app go to start\all programs\unlock root\install driver. Wait some time.

Then you must turn on usb debugging on your phone. Go to menu\settings\application\development and check USB debugging.

Then start Unlock root, connect your phone and root it....

Guest Stormbay

we need that rom dump as soon as possible.

Sytem.img from image.bin don't work. At least at me fastboot don't want to start writing in phone...

Guest KonstaT

we need that rom dump as soon as possible.

Sytem.img from image.bin don't work. At least at me fastboot don't want to start writing in phone...

Why would you need a ROM dump when you have a stock TPT? The TPT is way better than any ROM dump you'll ever get. You can use e.g. unyaffs to extract the files from the system.img and you also have clean images for every partition.

I had a quick browse through this thread and it seems that your biggest problem is that you don't have working ClockWorkMod recovery. You should really make that your number one priority. That makes all this so much safer when you'll always have something to fall back on.

I would seriously advice you not to flash any of these images from the TPT with fastboot. It's very possible that devices sold with different Android versions are also of different generations. With ZTE this usually means that radio firmware, partition layout or even kernel base adress are different. Generally this means that ROMs of different generations are not compatible with devices of different generation. Flashing e.g. a non-booting boot.img would mean that if you don't have special key combination to boot into bootloader, you are left without adb -> you're left without fastboot -> you're pretty much screwed.

Someone said that Racer II had 160mb system partition (run 'df -h' in terminal). System.img from Turkish TPT is 212mb. That's most likely why fastboot refuses to flash that image.

And if you're feeling that adventurous, why don't you just flash the Turkish update like it was supposed to? ;)

Guest noobieRO

Why would you need a ROM dump when you have a stock TPT? The TPT is way better than any ROM dump you'll ever get. You can use e.g. unyaffs to extract the files from the system.img and you also have clean images for every partition.

I had a quick browse through this thread and it seems that your biggest problem is that you don't have working ClockWorkMod recovery. You should really make that your number one priority. That makes all this so much safer when you'll always have something to fall back on.

I would seriously advice you not to flash any of these images from the TPT with fastboot. It's very possible that devices sold with different Android versions are also of different generations. With ZTE this usually means that radio firmware, partition layout or even kernel base adress are different. Generally this means that ROMs of different generations are not compatible with devices of different generation. Flashing e.g. a non-booting boot.img would mean that if you don't have special key combination to boot into bootloader, you are left without adb -> you're left without fastboot -> you're pretty much screwed.

Someone said that Racer II had 160mb system partition (run 'df -h' in terminal). System.img from Turkish TPT is 212mb. That's most likely why fastboot refuses to flash that image.

And if you're feeling that adventurous, why don't you just flash the Turkish update like it was supposed to? ;)

I have extracted that image.bin from turkcell. with gen2 tpt, i found a program swiftbootloaderbuilder that it say it can resize system partition...and i have clockworkmod recovery instaled and i have maked a backup with it. what should i do next for install the turkcell rom, what i need to do with extracted files??

Guest deaddyx

You will feel very bad if you flash turkish update because as i told earlier it is full of crappy provider apps which wont leave you alone with nag screens.