[Q] Should I buy the phone? Are there sound quality issues?

Guest ravel3

I want to buy the o2x phone, but I have read a few old reviews about possible low sound quality and crackling voices.. further more people report bad sound quality comming out of 3.5 mm jack.

Do these problems still exist? have anyone here encountered them & fixed them?

thx ahead :]

Guest Flix123

I want to buy the o2x phone, but I have read a few old reviews about possible low sound quality and crackling voices.. further more people report bad sound quality comming out of 3.5 mm jack.

Do these problems still exist? have anyone here encountered them & fixed them?

thx ahead :]

The call quality could be better, but the music quality over 3.5mm jack is great! The 2X has a powerful, loud sound. I never heard from bad sound quality (an old swiftextreme kernel had sound stuttering, but that doesn't play a role, because there are much better kernel).

Guest mparack

No issues with sound quality here on both phone calls and through headphones. Used stock ROM and Modaco G4 and G5 with no issues. I'd buy this phone if I were in the market for one as I'd use a custom ROM of which there is a wide choice available. And if you wanted to use a stock LG ROM, GB is out in most places and round the corner in others, and it seems to have resolved many issues found on FroYo. And plus it is a steal at the going rate!

Guest Anil K Solanki

No issues with sound quality here on both phone calls and through headphones. Used stock ROM and Modaco G4 and G5 with no issues. I'd buy this phone if I were in the market for one as I'd use a custom ROM of which there is a wide choice available. And if you wanted to use a stock LG ROM, GB is out in most places and round the corner in others, and it seems to have resolved many issues found on FroYo. And plus it is a steal at the going rate!

mparack is bang on the money. If you can get this for a low price it is a steal. I have only ever used mine with CyanogenMod, and bought it new just over 3 months ago. ZERO issues in every department. On CyanogenMod, I get a GPS lock indoors in around 3-5 seconds. I have tried the 3.5 jack output with headphones (Etymotic ER4-P) that cost as much as the phone. Wow. It sounds very very good indeed. I'm a little bit shocked it is so good. Ditto for call quality.

Get the handset for a good price, then stick on a custom ROM. You will be very happy.

Have fun. Anil

PS. I've just tried the latest version of the free media player Double Twist. Damn it has got even better. There is no way I could dump my trusted iPod, I have way too much music. But, if I was using my phone as a music player, I would definitely use Double Twist. And the DSP Manager built into CyanogenMod is the cherry on the cake.

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest everett_psycho

Ill say what usually say, if your comfortable rooting and installing rom's its a sweet phone for the price, without custom roms its buggy so k wouldn't get it of you don't want to root.

To me its the perfect size and the performance is great, I have occasional issues with it but nothing a reboot doesn't fix and its quite rare, updating cm every couple of days makes me do that anyway

• 2 weeks later...
Guest everett_psycho

Soundquality depends on the baseband and ril, you can choose the best for your country.

SuperSkill

if you was still undecided and are uk based amazon.co.uk are pumping this out for under £200 now. a cracking bargain for a dual cored phone i'd say

Guest Anil K Solanki

Damn that is a really great price. In two months it's £70 cheaper than we paid for our handsets. Amazing.

On a side note, there have been suggestions to use the best baseband for your country. How do I find out what the best baseband would be? In my case Italy.

Thanks. Anil

Edited by Anil K Solanki