[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest uzb777

I have "CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5" installed with Atomic v2 ROM

Do I need to upgrade CWM version before I can install ColdFusion rom?

No, you don't :)

Guest uzb777

Is there a Youtube video showing how this ROM works?

Is this the best ROM for Android 4? What other alternates are there?

When are the remaining problems likely to be resolved by?

Thanks

There are MIUI and AOKP for our Skate. They are Android 4 too! :)

Guest nygaaard

Hello!

First of all, thanks for a awesome ROM!

Question:

Am I the only one that has trouble with short battery-time?

I use this ROM with a Skate and when I'm not using the phone, and it just lays beside me, with screen turned off, it takes like 10% per 20-30 minutes.

In five hours today, the battery went from 100% to 40%. Then I just used Maps Navigator for 10 minutes, and sent 5 texts and talked in the phone for 3 minutes. The rest of the time it was in "sleep-mode". I didn't use WiFi and only had the GPS on for 10 minutes while using Navigator. This can't be normal?

The only thing I have done since I installed this ROM, is that I have overclocked the processor with No-frills from MAX: 787MHz, MIN: 122MHz to MAX: 921MHz, MIN: 122MHz. Is that maybe to much to handle for the battery?

I have some apps that run in the background: AccuWeather (updates every 3 hour), SiMiClock (clock + batterystatus) and Email (updates every hour). This can't be too much either?

Is there anyone that has the same "problem" with short battery-time?

Any tricks and tips on how I can get the battery to last longer?

Thanks! smile.gif

Guest Droid 007

There are MIUI and AOKP for our Skate. They are Android 4 too! :)

thanks uzb777

Is it worth upgrading as I see there are few problems still on?

Which Android 4 ROM is best one to use? in terms of features & speed & battery performance.

Guest FrownBreaker

thanks uzb777

Is it worth upgrading as I see there are few problems still on?

Which Android 4 ROM is best one to use? in terms of features & speed & battery performance.

I think you might find they are at a similar state of evolution. I've not used the other ICS 4 versions. I was looking at the ICS ROMs for Blade on Modaco and the progress on all the ICS ROMs seems close in terms of underlying functionality.

What I would point out is the amazing progress the team have made since Dec last year. The improvements have been hard as the lack of source for some code. However the Blade / Skate and CM9 teams have pooled their findings and efforts.

Consider the phone was only release last year and Paul (Mr Modaco) posted the root code. Then an unofficial CWM was released, a firmware based unlock, a wifi MAC fix, the Modaco kitchen, ICS booting, running, h/w acceleration etc. (Must thank Tilal again - hope you are having a good break, and all the others who have done, and continue to to such an amazing job (Sej, plegedriod, frankish, et al). The ROMs produced by the carriers are terrible and never updated.)

Within the limits of the current build you have to decide what works for you. If you need a super stable build them the GB based ROMs CM7, Atomic et al are worth a look.

For the ICS roms take a look at the screenshots for MIUI etc (Google images helps) and take your pick. In terms of battery, features and speed they wil all be the same due to the shared code base. The stabiltiy on current build seems very good.

The ICS MIUI has not been updated since March where as this release has had updates.

If you just want MIUI there are GB versions that look slick and are based on Ice Amour III.

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest sui785

I installed this, it works very good(quite surprised). Thanks for this epic rom!

Only the camera is a bit badword up but apart from that everything works fine.

Guest sui785

do you format /system? Cos headset works totaly fine for a long time already =).

Ah nvm it works fine, there just is no headset icon anymore at the top(but that could be ICS).

Guest FrownBreaker

Great work! Thanks!

Hope the cam will be fixed soon.

Cam works fine, (Preview is a known bug)

Super stable - I tried the new build last night and no crashes or restarts even with lots of apps installed.

The progess on this ROM is amazing! Smooth and super fast, good power management. Very slick.

Maybe this info will help tilal. On release from end of march using my S3 kernel cam preview works a treat. Also bluetooth. Tried bt file transfer so far but no car kit nor other bt device yet. But file transfer worked pretty good. The only issue I had with wifi but I suppose this can be fixed easily.

Guest razzmataz1478

Maybe this info will help tilal. On release from end of march using my S3 kernel cam preview works a treat. Also bluetooth. Tried bt file transfer so far but no car kit nor other bt device yet. But file transfer worked pretty good. The only issue I had with wifi but I suppose this can be fixed easily.

So your kernel didn't change anything on the latest release with the new adreno libs?

Guest fuddman

So your kernel didn't change anything on the latest release with the new adreno libs?

My camera preview works too. I thought it was strange, I had installed the S3 kernal when I was using Cm7 and then restored an old cm9 and updated to end of march release. Haven't tried Bluetooth yet though.

Guest creedence

Thank you my question was answered C3C0. Bluetooth car kits.

Guest carpon

so that's mean that the newest build with the s3 kernel will have a full work camera previewing and BT transfer ?

if this happened this rom would be the best rom i'd ever seen

ps sorry for my bad english

That would mean for me to take tilals cm9 sources from github and try to build new release of rom myself burt unfortunately there's not enough time for it atm. This also requires merging the latest tilal's kgsl code into S3 kernel.

Edited by C3C0

My camera preview works too. I thought it was strange, I had installed the S3 kernal when I was using Cm7 and then restored an old cm9 and updated to end of march release. Haven't tried Bluetooth yet though.

By restoring coldfusion from backup you also restored its original kernel that replaced S3 you installed previously. So I am pretty sure you are not running S3 after restore. You can check the kernel info in Settings / About phone

Coldfusion potrebuje 200mb system. Takze ak ides zo skatie tpt, musis najprv preparticiovat napr. Cez tpt helper (stiahnes z marketu). Gapps potom treba flashnut samostatne po flasnuti rom.

Podme radsej eng. It makes no difference what rom you use to repartition. You can do it from cmx but you must install tpt helper somehow. Or use one of tpts you will find in dedicated topic within this forum